WWII P08 Luger

PDA

huskershooter
February 21, 2011, 11:32 PM
My recently deceased uncle had a Nazi marked Luger which now belongs to my aunt. She would like to know what kind of money this pistol is worth.

If you enjoyed reading about "WWII P08 Luger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ohio Gun Guy
February 21, 2011, 11:36 PM
We'll need the condition. (Is there rust, has it been taken care of?)
Matching numbers? Holster?

Pics would be best.

xr1200
February 21, 2011, 11:49 PM
If all the numbers match and it has its original finish, no pitting or rust. You could be looking at $800-$1500 gun. Note some rare lugers go for $2000 -$50,000 , it all depends on condition, who owned it and how rare it is.

Be carefull about getting it apraised fairly.

huskershooter
February 21, 2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys I will try to get some pics if I can.

XxWINxX94
February 21, 2011, 11:59 PM
Well there are lots of kinds of Lugers. First is to determine the Maker/Manufacture. Look at the toggle, near the top of the gun by the 'knobs'. It should have letters or numbers.
Some common ones are DWM, 42, S/42 and even Erfurt.

If your having trouble this link could help you get us some much-needed information:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/everygun/GunMfgDetail.aspx?id=618

I would tell your aunt not to just give this one away, you could be sitting on some serious $ here.

Please post more info or pictures and we can help you out more.

If you enjoyed reading about "WWII P08 Luger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!