Only my second trip to a gun show and I'm over it.

PDA

KingContraryMan
February 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
No deals to be had, and I knew that, but I thought I'd see something different. Same vendors, same old stuff, junk, boxes of ammo looked like they were 10 years old. Really only a few vendors selling good stuff. I got a Wilson
Combat mag for my Springfield, that was it.

Admittedly I'm new to the whole thing, so there's that.

I guess I was expecting an entirely different setup, crowd, vendors. I think I'll wait a year to two and go back. Thank god for the internet.

I went to Walmart and got my ammo, while standing in line I saw 2 other guys with the gun show stamp. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Only my second trip to a gun show and I'm over it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rozziboy18
February 22, 2011, 12:30 PM
there once was a time where gunshows were the place to be to get good deals and stock up on ammo. kind of a clearing house for the going out of bizz and over stock. but now adays it more for marking up prices and selling of ebr's. whe i first started going to gs's a glock 22 could be had for 399.00 not bad close to LE pricing in my area. now however a g22 is 599.99!!!! thats ubsurd in ever aspect of the word. two months ago i found a marlin bolt action 22wmr for 325.00 used! at said gunshow! thats 100.00 over retail when there new!
in short, i only go to gunshows to sell guns, and buy reloading surplies. the only reason i do that is because its the only place i can get fgmm primers for 39.99 per 1000 into my hands.

Tommygunn
February 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
Gun Shows are a sort of "shot in the dark." Deals are very unlikely to be had for sure, OTOH I have bought a Springfield XD45, a S&W MP40 and a Glock 19 at a gunshow for the same price I would have paid in a dealer's store.
I sure missed out on a LOT of Nazi paraphenalia and beef jerky though.:rolleyes:
I don't really have high standards for gun shows; I'm perfectly happy going to one and just looking.
Aside from the guns I bought above I also found an old Smith & Wesson model 1 in 32 short at one. A nice hideaway gun that was sold in a New York City Store December 9, 1869, according to S&W historians. It's the oldest firearm I own.
I can see how people can be "turned off" by some gun shows. You are not the first and won't be the last.

DammitBoy
February 22, 2011, 12:39 PM
There is a good show in Jackson, MS this weekend.

I'll be happy to catch the deals you guys can't see...

SuperNaut
February 22, 2011, 12:39 PM
Gun Show vendors don't seem to be aware that the Great Panic Buy of '09 is over.

kdave21
February 22, 2011, 12:41 PM
Ive lost interest in them to. I will still pay the 6 or 7 dollars occasionally because I cant help myself, but there just arent any good ones around here it seems. Flayderman comments on this phenomenon in his 7th (I think) edition American Antiques book. I think more and more people, especially the younger crowd are turning to internet for sales and viewing. The selection is just too limited at many of the gunshows.

kdave21
February 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
Flayderman also makes note of the fact that the finest of the fine weapons, and even just upper end stuff is found more and more at auctions, because sellers can realize the highest prices through that selling format. Which leaves the common and lower end stuff to be sold at the gunshows. I cant say I disagree with this observation, and you cant blame the sellers. Take it to a gunshow, everyone there tries to get the price as low as they can (cant blame the buyers either). Take it to some type of auction format and watch people argue over who can pay the most.

Broken Anvil
February 22, 2011, 02:20 PM
Things are not what they used to be..... When I was a kid in the 60's there was one gun show a year and it was the greatest event on earth. Old stuff, new stuff, junk stuff expensive stuff, it was all there. There were gun displays and all kinds of things to look at. Now we have at least one "gun show" a month in the area, they are all the same with the same vendors at most of them. And between the sky high prices, candles, jewelry, jerky and other crap combined with the attitudes of the sellers I rarely go anymore. The internet has anything I need for much cheaper and the $8 I don't spend on admission pays the shipping. In all fairness I do go once in a while with a friend or two and I have found a German Makarov for $250 but that's about it. Oh for the good old days........

EVIL
February 22, 2011, 02:22 PM
Gun Show vendors don't seem to be aware that the Great Panic Buy of '09 is over.
+1

Gunshows (at least here in OH) have taken a down-turn in quality and good deals ever since mid '08. Last gun I bought at gun show was Jun '08 ... I have stopped going to them for now. I get better deals working with a local FFL & can get exactly what I want. I miss the haggling though ... I can fondly remember the "randomness" of going to gunshows with every intention of buying a pistol and coming back w/ a shotgun because that was the best "deal" of the day. I think the character of this american institution has changed somewhat in recent years ... I had fond memories of going with my dad as a kid.

earlthegoat2
February 22, 2011, 02:25 PM
I would not mind gun shows banning new guns for sale. Thats all I am there for anyway. I mean, I can go to the LGS to pay retail for a new gun.

I would definitely go to them more if that were the case.

Probably would not exist though.

DammitBoy
February 22, 2011, 03:11 PM
You must have some huge LGS's in your neck of the woods. I'd rather choose amongst several thousand new guns, if I'm looking for a new gun - than the 100 or so at each of my local shops...

fallout mike
February 22, 2011, 03:46 PM
kingcontraryman, i was there also. You are 100% right. I didnt go expecting great deals, but it is just stupid what some of the prices were. If they are asking 100% over retail on some things how can you even negotiate?It was still worth going to and kill 1 1/2 hours though.

gym
February 22, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have gotten really good prices on guns at shows, an LCP, for$269, and I swapped a taurus revolver for a slim 740, last week. But you cannot have high expectations when you go. I gave up going for 10 years, but have been able to pick up some decent deals of late. Plus you get to handle some guns that you may only have seen on paper. That can be a savings right there. Many guns that I was interested in were a big dissapointment once I picked them up and handled them. My obsession with under 20 oz pistols that fire a minimum of a 9mm cartrage keeps me interested in that area. I have 5 that fit the bill and even loaded are concealable in FL. When it's hot and you are outdoors, there is no way I want to carry an expensive fullsize gun around and sweat all over it, the gun shows are always giving me a chance to upgrade or see a weapon that may be better.

Fat John
February 22, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yep I was there too, I've been to every one in Biloxi and Hattiesburg. The last year and half I keep going to them, I usually find something I can't live without. I've been looking for some rosewood grips for my S&W model 19, low behold finally found some. I find the occasional gun deal once in awhile.

danprkr
February 22, 2011, 04:09 PM
Mostly I just go to hand with my people. It the one of very few places that I don't have to watch what I say. That is often worth the money and time to me. If I find a deal - so much the better.

okc-zee
February 22, 2011, 04:15 PM
They have a gun show here in OKC almost every weekend now...They're all the same...They 1/2 fill the building with nothing but overpriced crap,and charge 12-15 dollars now to get in...I've been to two of them...The last time I went to one was about 18 mos. ago and won't be at another... Nothing but junk...Anything that was new or decent I could have bought at the store for 20% less...

gun addict
February 22, 2011, 04:33 PM
same deal, just drove 60 miles to the nearest gunshow and it was henitrocious. Beef jerky, candle guy, and old geezers selling guns for WAYYYY more money than its worth and turns their nose at you when they asks about your product for sale (Polytech M14 + Mccann scope mount + scope ).

about the only redemption is chatting with the Marine Corps league vets there and right before i left i traded an USP40 i paid $500 for and $50 for a NIB S&W 1911, haha

KingContraryMan
February 22, 2011, 05:00 PM
Well, good to see some fellow southern Mississippians here anyway :) Mike and John :)

I wonder if you were the two I saw later at WalMart ;)

I'm sure I'll go again, the next one's in Lyman. Maybe some different vendors. :idk:

Fat John
February 22, 2011, 05:22 PM
Nope didn't go to walmart afterwards, the lyman show is even smaller. I know 2 of the vendors that will be there for sure.

Check out MSgunowners.com when you get a chance, its the states gun owner forum.

teumessian_fox
February 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
I rarely attend shows anymore. Here in Tulsa we have the 4000 table Wanamacher show, but the dealers apparantly bought inventory during the panic and are unable to move the merch at market prices.

Bad deal all around, actually. It's going to take a couple of shows to stabilize, I think.

Starter52
February 22, 2011, 05:47 PM
I still attend gun shows but +1 to what has been said about prices.

My favorite "find" at a show is a collector (not dealer) who is selling off his many-years collection. He paid little for his guns 30 years back and is just looking to clean out the house before moving south.

THAT'S the kind of guy I like to see. He rents a few tables and is willing to dicker on everything.

mgmorden
February 22, 2011, 05:58 PM

Exactly. Hasn't been just 09 either. Realistically, this country has gotten polarized. Back in the day you had some subset of people who shot guns, and a whole bunch that just didn't care one way or another.

Now, firearms interest overall seems to have grown, but the segment not interested seems to have gone from not caring to vehemently rallying for their removal from society. This creates a panic mindset in those that do want guns. There's a sense that I better buy something now because it'll be illegal soon.

Sometimes that feeling is right, sometimes it's not, but the dealers are ALWAYS capitalizing on it. Pay our prices. Sure they're through the roof but if you don't buy now you might never get to own this item again . . .

Heck I'll admit that when I bought my first handgun it was out of fear that they were going to be ruled illegal soon. That was 9 years ago. I don't regret that decision but it is a sign of the climate we're in.

I think I've done a total of 4 gun shows so far in my life. The extent of my purchases there has been some shotgun shells and a wooden blue-wing teal decoy (but hey, that was a good deal at $20 - its in my office now :)). Other than that, just overpriced junk. I do much better shopping online.

earlthegoat2
February 22, 2011, 06:17 PM
You must have some huge LGS's in your neck of the woods. I'd rather choose amongst several thousand new guns, if I'm looking for a new gun - than the 100 or so at each of my local shops...

Sure greater numbers are there but they are greater numbers of the same things the LGS has as well. They are just black plastic. My main point is, a new gun will only be sold for so low and gun shows are not the place to find that price. (on a new gun)

fallout mike
February 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
I was beginning to wonder if any more people from my area was on here. I went to one in lyman a couple years ago. Didn't buy anything there either. Maybe I'm just weird but I don't like paying more than what it is worth.

EddieNFL
February 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
If I want to pay retail plus, I can stay home and order from gunbroker.

IMTHDUKE
February 22, 2011, 08:20 PM
I think gun show are held for people who don't know any better.

ColtPythonElite
February 22, 2011, 08:21 PM
I don't go to gunshows looking for brand new stuff most of the time. And true, even 99% of the old stuff is the same thing I saw at the last show. However, it's that other 1% that I go searching for. Every now and then either a table has something I've been looking for or a guy simply carries it in the door.

clutch
February 22, 2011, 08:31 PM
I don't go to gun shows like i used to but I do like to go there from time to time to meet some of my peer group amongst the others.

Around election filing time, gun shows are a good place to sign petitions.

As far as gun show purchases those tend to be cast bullets, powder and primers.

Primers are on on the menu but but they are still overpriced at the moment.

Clutch

nosmr2
February 22, 2011, 08:42 PM
You can get a gun for a few bucks cheaper at our local shows than at their store. One vendor usually has both price stickers on the cases. Same crap every weekend. No "deals" to be had. Most of the ammo is ancient junk they have been hauling around for years or it's stuff they picked up at Walmart or Academy the previous day and marked up 100%.
The last time we went to the big show at the convention center in Houston ($10 to park & $8 to get in) we decided on the way home that we should have just gone to the range instead. It also included a nice long drive and the potential of getting jacked in that great part of town.
I spent a whopping $5 on some media for brass cleaning. And after a little research I bet a bought part of the huge bulk case sold by Grainger. Figures.....

Count me out

B J Elliott
February 22, 2011, 09:05 PM
I am with you all the way on that, gun shows have lost their appeal to me, seems like a bunch of vendors not offering any deals at all except maybe on accessories, not guns, and the prices to get in the door anymore are nuts!!!!!

KingContraryMan
February 22, 2011, 10:09 PM
Check out MSgunowners.com when you get a chance, its the states gun owner forum.

Bookmarked. Thanks John.

gym
February 23, 2011, 12:50 AM
Duke that's not true, two of the guys I went with have extensive sniper backgrounds and one is a deputy director for Homeland. You shouldn't assume that everyone who goes to a gun show don't know any better. If you know what you are interested in it can work out for you. If not you can always enjoy the interesting antics that go on there. If you are not well versed in weapons it's like a new driver unfamiliar with automobiles walking into a car dealership. You can easily get taken for a ride. But they serve a purpose bringing our sport to "the people". And you can't put a price on that. I found a pistol someone wanted and traded for a "new pistol" I never would have seen without going.

DammitBoy
February 23, 2011, 12:58 AM
I'll keep on saying this to all the naysayers:

if you aren't finding good deals at gunshows, you're doing it wrong. :neener:

OcelotZ3
February 23, 2011, 01:11 AM
Regarding deals, I think it depends on the shows.

Having said that, I've had quite a bit of fun at our local shows here in Oregon. From what I hear they are the best in the state though.

I usually end up finding 1-3 guns at a decent price at every one, though I tend to go towards ones that might not appeal to most. Then again, when I get home & check the GB prices, I could sell them for a decent profit.

oldbear
February 23, 2011, 01:53 AM
In the early 1970's gun shows were less frequent and were an event that would be planed for months ahead, sadly today is not the case. Marked up prices on almost everything, surely dealers, lots of non firearm items, and worst of all, imho, the folks who attend these shows. The last two shows I attended had the angriest, loud mouth, rudest and unwashed group of folks I have seen in one place in years. It was not a place where I would want to have taken my wife.

Ignition Override
February 23, 2011, 02:14 AM
I've only been attending shows for less than three years. Began at age 52.

My objective is to handle and learn more about military rifles with character (Pre-Plastic), from my buddies and a friend.
These guys have informed me about unique characteristics and other features to look for.

If you factor in ten gun shows = $100, I could have used that cash for shipping+FFL for one rifle, but in late '09 was lucky to find a really good LE #5 (Malaysian issue) for $350, with no rust under the wood. In July '09 found a pretty good #4 in Batesville MS for a fairly high price, but not bad.
Buying the first of a type is difficult to resist, and our stores very seldom if ever, have Yugo Mausers either...

But shows have become a social event and some personal sellers have the same motive.
Why? It is because the Memphis area shows have a very limited classic milsurp selection (except for the SKS, only one store seems to have them: nine or ten), and I seldom see any of these buddies/friends elsewhere, as they live about twenty miles away on the opposite side of town.

frankenstein406
February 23, 2011, 02:18 AM
I drove 4 hours to one in a large town a plain waste of time. No one would budge.

Went to one in a hole in the wall town, it was great! Jam packed, people would budge. People were friendly, had a great time!

It all depens.

fractal7
February 23, 2011, 02:29 AM
I've been twice for two reasons.

The first I wanted a compact revolver that I couldn't find locally, but didn't want to buy one if I couldn't handle one first to see how I liked the weight/controls etc. So I went and found a dealer from the other side of the state that I wouldn't have known about nor driven to otherwise and bought it on the spot. I paid a fair retail price but no FFL transfer/shipping fees.

The second time I wanted a stripped lower that no LGS had in stock, and the transfer fee is a large percentage of the price of a lower if I had to order one and have it shipped. Same thing, went to a gun show, found a vendor from several hours away, paid fair price, minus transfer and shipping fees.

In both cases I didn't get any fantastic deals, but I got around the FFL transfer fee and got to handle the item without driving/calling all over the state.

That being said, if I didn't have anything specific in mind that I was looking for like those cases, I don't necessarily have a strong desire to always hit up the gunshows.

welldoya
February 23, 2011, 10:17 AM
I don't know if this applies to all areas of the country but around here the problem is that there are people making a living off gun shows. I'm talking about the guys putting them on. Used to be the Shriners did one a year and they were great. I'm sure the guy making a living off them charges the vendors more so they have to charge more to make up their expenses.
I go to maybe one a year. I just skim over the new guns and mostly watch for the used ones at a good price and , of course, ask the guys walking around "Whatcha got in the case ?"
And it's a great place to sell guns you don't need anymore. I sold two last weekend at the show and yesterday bought a shotgun I've been wanting.

mossguy
February 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
My son and I attend the Washington(state) Arms Collectors gun show every month. We have a standing list and every now and then find one of the items at a reasonable price. The historical displays are there every month and are in themselves worth the visit. We get there early, have breakfast, and spend two hours wandering, enjoying each others company, and looking to check something else off our list.

Best,
Tom

dickttx
February 23, 2011, 10:48 AM
I went to my first gunshow in several years a few months ago. I was kind of disappointed. Lots and lots of tables of new guns, some dealers had up to 20 tables. Not hardly anyone who was there to SHOW their guns.
However, after considering it, and reading some of the comments on some of the forums, I have been going to the Fort Worth shows about every opportunity.
Someone on another forum said it best. Where else can you go to spend two or three hours looking at things you like to look at, and occasionally find something you want to buy? All for the price of a movie, which I would never pay to go to.
Since I have been going I have purchased:
S&W 617, 4", 10 shot-$700
5K CCI old stock LP primers-$100
1K CCI old stock SP primers-$20
200 new old stock .357 Starline brass-$20
100 new .41 Mag Starline brass-$22
New magazine for my High Standard Sport King-$30

Also met my FFL there and picked up my new Colt Rail gun, which saved me a trip.

Some of these were pretty good deals. Some were just available, like the .41 brass. Would probably have had to wait months and paid pretty high shipping for that.

All in all it is an enjoyable day.

Cricoid
February 23, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm over it as well. I've been to 3-4 in the last few months. Bought some window PMags for my AR and some Magpul followers. I probably saved 2-3 dollars per item. Might have covered the $10 admission to the show. Oh yeah, bought some jerky :)

No one wants to deal on guns, and very few have anything worth looking at anyway. I went last weekend here in town, and the only gun I saw of any interest was a Sig P226 Navy. Needless to say, it was too expensive.

I live about 3 miles from Bud's. I'm done with the gun shows.

IMTHDUKE
February 23, 2011, 11:14 AM
I live about 3 miles from Bud's. I'm done with the gun shows.

Bud's have good prices. Only place I've seen beat them on some guns, is CDNN, but if you can go to Bud's locally...you save shipping and transfer fee.

MartinS
February 23, 2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, maybe so and all that. But do we want to live in a world without them?

HOWARD J
February 23, 2011, 11:43 AM
I have not been to a gun show in years--I used to go for the old ammo & gun parts.
Last show I attended had neither.
My oldest calls me Sunday ( from a show) Found 7.35 Italian--want me to buy for you?

I told him I have about 50 rounds---don't need any more for a gun I never use.
So much for gun shows.

DammitBoy
February 23, 2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I don't want a USA without gunshows.

It'd be like living in canada...

Old krow
February 23, 2011, 07:36 PM
Well, good to see some fellow southern Mississippians here anyway

Add one more for Southern MS. :)

I didn't make it out on this last one at the Colosseum. I'm hit or miss about going to them. It's my g/f that likes them. She tells me" it's this or shoe shopping! your choice."

DammitBoy
February 23, 2011, 08:37 PM
Jackson, MS Great Southern Gun and Knife show this weekend

I think it is the 250 table show this time - not sure.

SaxonPig
February 23, 2011, 09:09 PM
Gun shows are like anything else: some are good and some are bad.

If you only go to find a good deal you will disappointed most times. I go to enjoy looking at guns and stuff and talking to the folks I frequently see there. If I happen to find something I want at a good price then great.

You must be a young man to give up on things so quickly.

By the way, a couple things I bought at gun shows in the last couple years just for fun. I consider these to have been OK deals on "shooter grade" guns (what I seek)..

$100

http://www.fototime.com/F8C0A127D6EC4C9/standard.jpg

$150

http://www.fototime.com/E7A682FB2F73E94/standard.jpg

$400

http://www.fototime.com/28E8BCC7A812F85/standard.jpg

$120

http://www.fototime.com/73563156AAE464A/standard.jpg

$200 & $210

http://www.fototime.com/39C23B22CB4C95A/standard.jpg

$205

http://www.fototime.com/FE22715FBAE9A24/standard.jpg

speedway
February 24, 2011, 09:28 AM
I can do without all of the beef jerky vendors, hot sauce vendors, cheap chinese knife vendors, t-shirt vendors, etc etc.

More than 50% of the local shows feature absolute crapola.

jkingrph
February 24, 2011, 10:01 AM

Posts: 706 There is a good show in Jackson, MS this weekend.

My son lives in Jackson. I have been to a few shows there and find them to be better than most. It's been a few years, but I meet a gentlemen, had a car dealership somewhere NE I think of Jackson, who had a table and a display very good older shotguns, drillings, ect. The son was in law school then so all I could do was drool.

If I did not have a project for this weekend here in E. Texas, I would probably be making the run over there to see the son and take in the show.

627PCFan
February 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
I used to go just for powder and primers, then the door fees went up, throw in gas, and it makes sense to stay home and order from Powder Valley, Hazmat and all.

Sheepdog1968
February 24, 2011, 10:59 AM
No deals to be had, and I knew that, but I thought I'd see something different. Same vendors, same old stuff, junk, boxes of ammo looked like they were 10 years old. Really only a few vendors selling good stuff. I got a Wilson
Combat mag for my Springfield, that was it.

Admittedly I'm new to the whole thing, so there's that.

I guess I was expecting an entirely different setup, crowd, vendors. I think I'll wait a year to two and go back. Thank god for the internet.

I went to Walmart and got my ammo, while standing in line I saw 2 other guys with the gun show stamp. :)
I've had similar experiences over the last 20 years. I go every now and then just to see if something's new. I have heard that small local shows have the potential to be better since you can sometimes find a gem in the rough for a good deal. Given my limited free time at this point in my life, I would rather spend what hobby time I have either at the range, in a training class, or hunting and not going to gun shows. Also, before the advent of the internet (where you can find anything you want) I remember gun shows being a bit more special becuase there was more diversity of stuff in stock than I could find at the local shops. My two cents.

mustang_steve
February 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
In my area, there's a problem with the "big dog" chain shops forcing them to price fix, or they'll leave. Those shops are half the revenue for the show hosts. This means nothing can be cheaper than the big dog, which is also the most expensive shop in the area (want to pay $650 for a Glock, when you can get them from another shop for 500, go there!).

I only go once a year since they're generally that weaksauce. There's another gunshow circuit out here, but I haven't checked them out yet.

22-rimfire
February 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
You can find fair prices at gunshows. Good shows are an opportunity to see a lot more guns in one building then you could ever see at most gunshops. Prices vary. That is capitalism. I seldom attend a gun show that I don't buy a gun. This is why I have been trying to stay away from them for the last few years. But there still are the local gunshops.

MikeNice
February 24, 2011, 11:24 AM
The thing to do is look at the promoter holding the show. I know from my experience that different promoters usually bring different vendors. They also tend to bring different levels of "bargain." I've seen brand new Springfield XDs for LEO pricing, Glocks for $499, Kel Tecs for CDNN prices and CZ82s for J&G Sales prices.

You need to look for shows by different promoters. Then when you figure out which one is consistently better start attending those. Contrary to popular belief all gun shows are not created equal.

GunguyDan
February 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
I can remember that only a few years ago , actually quite a few, that a bunch of guys formed clubs that were dedicated to collecting guns and finding out about their history. Usually, after their meetings, they had swapping sessions where they traded off guns, not pertinent to their collections, for ones that were. Then after that, meeting sessions turned into weekend affairs where the swaps and trades were usually accompanied by "boot", sometimes other items but usually cash. The small town "dealers" were usually not welcomed,although eventually they managed to get involved one way or the other. As the years went by the little guy collector got pushed by the wayside and although there are still quite a few still enjoying the shows, the numbers of them get smaller as time passes. Up until the past couple of years ago I used to attend quite a few, but it burned me to see that most of the "dealers" with outside shops were allowed a few hours during "setup" day to peruse the other attendees tables and snatch up a lot of the choice items and tack on a bigger price tag. I used to enjoy meeting old friends and people who actually knew what they were talking about. Sure there are a lot of us crochety old guys still hangin' around but for the most part we're usually willing to "deal". Sorry for the rant........Dan

KingContraryMan
February 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
You need to look for shows by different promoters. Then when you figure out which one is consistently better start attending those. Contrary to popular belief all gun shows are not created equal.

I did notice the promoter(s) were the same the last two times and wondered about that. I'll keep checking, and if I see a different one, I'll go again.

kimberkid
February 24, 2011, 10:06 PM
I've seen a lot of that around here too ... but I look at a gunshow as a socical event

If I happen to buy a gun ok ... but don't count on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Only my second trip to a gun show and I'm over it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!