Gun Choosing Tool

PDA

fpiki
February 22, 2011, 12:53 PM
We've created this tool called a Piki to help you find the gun that's perfect for you, based on your preferences and priorities. We're trying to make the tool comprehensive so that people seeking gun information, both experts and novices alike, can get quick facts about the guns they're looking into.

Check out our Piki here: http://gun.pikimal.com/

We'd really like it if any of the regulars here could check out our tool and let us know if you have any ideas to make it better. We know finding the right gun is very important for people looking to make their next purchase, and with your help we can make this Piki the perfect place to start your search.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Choosing Tool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Darkbob
February 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
The dimensions are off for the few choices I looked at. The lengths were listed in mm, but the numbers were meant for inches. Example, barrel length on the Kimber Ultra Covert II Pistol is listed as 3.00 mm. It should be 3.00 inches.

doc2rn
February 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
Too many pre-selected choices, I went from one end of the spectrum and the choices stayed the same! I prefer a revolver over an auto and the site pushes the auto's real hard, especially tupperware guns. And a 327 S&W is not the beggining and end of revo's! I prefer a square butt mod 10 S&W to an alloy anyday. Heck NAA mini wasnt even on the list!

MrOldLude
February 22, 2011, 03:32 PM
Needs more work.

CoRoMo
February 22, 2011, 03:35 PM
How about Best Gun for Hunting?

bannockburn
February 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
delete

bannockburn
February 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
fpiki

Nothing personal but this seems more orientated to your average juvenile video-gamer than it is to most firearm enthusiasts.

I mean is someone really going to select a gun solely on the basis of it's barrel length from "Best Gun for Length"; with the choices being a Barrett .50 cal. rifle and two Browning Shotguns?

Or choose from three AR derived .223 carbines under the category of "Best Gun for Large Size" because "sometimes you just want to carry a Big Gun"?

Or the ever popular "Best Gun for a Zombie Attack"?

Need I say more.

Justin
February 22, 2011, 05:55 PM
There is no utility in using your website. Sorry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Choosing Tool" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!