Refurbish

PDA

B J Elliott
February 22, 2011, 09:37 PM
I have been told on many occasions that one could send a pistol to a place i.e. Colt and get it totally redone or overhauled if you will, is this true and where would one try to find out about this?? Has anyone done this??:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Refurbish" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
February 22, 2011, 09:41 PM
Colt will do it - you need to call them and make arrangements

ColtPythonElite
February 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
You can find the price list on line...Google search: "colt custom shop price list"

Jim Watson
February 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
A Colt WHAT?

Turnbull does nice work.
Nice enough that a sucker on one of the other boards paid $12000 for a 1911 Navy that looked like it had spent 95 years in the admiral's desk drawer but had been refinished by Turnbull.

B J Elliott
February 23, 2011, 08:33 PM
Well, I was not thinking about a custom job or anything, just more or less a restoration or overhaul, if you will. Like getting an older one made to look nice and new again....:)

oneounceload
February 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
Nice enough that a sucker

SUCKER????? Why, because he can afford to spend more than you?.....Please, he willingly spent what he thought was a good [rice, and will most likely be able to sell it for more than that........Turnbull's work ADDS value to old guns, his crews' skills are world-renowned and are very sought after

Jim Watson
February 23, 2011, 11:28 PM
Said sucker thought he was buying a pristine original unrestored barely used gun which would be worth about twice even a nice restoration. He got took. The auction house was kind enough to make it good in spite of the weasel words in their literature that they did not guarantee stuff to actually be what it appeared or was claimed to be.

Somebody slipped a Turnbull Marlin through the system a while back, it was an award winning as new 1893... apparently. When Mr Turnbull said he had redone it, the awards were taken back. Not much value add there.

But we are perhaps OT. The OP said "Like getting an older one made to look nice and new again...." which will not be done simply, cheaply, or quickly.

browneu
February 23, 2011, 11:37 PM
My father in law had a python sent back to colt to get it reblued. The service was quick and the work was great. I wouldn't hesitate to use them to repair a firearm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Refurbish" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!