Kimber Stainless Target II 9 mm 1911?

PDA

Damon555
February 22, 2011, 10:25 PM
I've wanted a 9mm 1911 for a while now and this seems like a good time to "pull the trigger." Does anyone own one of these? I've got a chance at a mint condition, used one for $700. Not really a screamin' deal but not bad either. What say you?

My Eclipse needs company.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Stainless Target II 9 mm 1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
railroader
February 22, 2011, 10:34 PM
That's a screaming deal here in california. If you really want it go for it. Mark

Balrog
February 22, 2011, 10:49 PM
When I see a 9mm 1911, all I can think of is all that wasted space in the magazine.

ravot
February 22, 2011, 10:50 PM
sounds great. i wish i could have saved a few bucks but i had to opt for a nib springer 1911 9mm. for more than that.

Rock185
February 23, 2011, 03:35 PM
I currently own one, and owned two more several years ago. All were/are excellent guns. Well fitted and finished and reliable with every type of factory and reloaded ammo I've tried. I have used hollow points, economy ball, NATO, +P, +p+, etc. I don't recall ever having a malfunction with my Kimber 9MM or .38 Super Target IIs. The 9MM and .38 Super 1911s are, for me, just fun to own and shoot. Recoil is so light, even with +P+, that they are easy to shoot well. I've also owned a Colt Govt., Commander, Combat Commander and a Special Combat Govt. in .38 Super and 9MM calibers. The Kimbers are more closely fitted and have the ramp style barrels. IMHO me, the Kimbers are nicer than even my, considerably more expensive, Colt Special Combat Govt. The Colt Special Combat Govt. is good looking and has lots of "features", but frame / barrel / slide are not as well fitted as the regular production Kimbers I've owned. I did have some malfunctions with the 9MM Colts, but not the Kimbers. $700 sounds very resonable to me. BTW, I have carried a colt NRM Govt. .45 40+ hours a week for several years, but would not hesitate to carry my Kimber 9MM, if that were the authorized gun instead. ymmv

ichiban
February 23, 2011, 08:37 PM
I really like my Kimber Stainless Target II. I wouldn't carry it but it is a great range gun. I've found it to be very accurate and have not had a problem of any kind with it. It is a fun gun to shoot. It sounds like you are getting a pretty decent deal on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Stainless Target II 9 mm 1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!