Heritage Rough Rider

PDA

rugerman07
February 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
Anyone own a Heritage Rough Rider revolver? Are they well made? Do they shoot straight?

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage Rough Rider" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KINGMAX
February 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
Yes I do; Bird's Head w/ laminated grips. Great little boat gun for the river & swamp. It is a 22LR / 22 MAG Combo. It is a keeper, I will not sell mine. Paid just $99.00 for mine. It took a while to get used to the little blade front sight. I painted mine a hi-vis red/orange paint. The more you shoot it, the better it will get for you.

Ledgehammer
February 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
I have the same birdshead .22lr /.22 mag combo. I love it. I take a bulk box of .22lr ammo with me most range trips and shoot until I'm tired of unloading and loading it. Shoots pretty straight - not perfect though mine was a little low and to the right.

I would never get rid of it. It's just reliable and fun to shoot.

Hondo 60
February 24, 2011, 08:20 PM
I had one & sold it.
I guess you get what you pay for.
It's inexpensive when compared to other guns & it's made that way.

I think it's the kind of gun you can throw in the tackle box, or in the truck & just not worry about it.

If you're looking for a single action 22, it's a good gun.
It was my first single action & I've since gotten into SAA 45 Colts.
(just a bit of price diff on the ammo)

rugerman07
February 24, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm interested in the Bird's Head 22LR/22 MAG combo as well. It won't replace my Ruger Single Six, but it'll be a neat little SA Revolver to have.

franco45
February 24, 2011, 08:43 PM
I just got home from shooting mine. I have a 4.75 inch barrel with birds head grips. This is only the second time I have fired mine. The first time I shot 50 round of CCI mini-mags and 50 rounds of Fiochi 22 mag. This time I ran about 175 rounds of Winchester bulk ammo. It is surprisingly accurate at 25 yards and it is really fun to shoot. :cool:

Golderpuff
February 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
I am thinking of picking one of these up later this spring. I want the combo with the birds head grips. This thread just makes me want it more.

mcdonl
February 24, 2011, 09:48 PM
No offense, only a "sucka" gets what they pay for. With Heritage you get much more than what you pay for.

I have had mine now for going on 4 years and I probably put 2000 rounds through it a year (Well, my kids, nephews, etc...) and it is as reliable as any ammo it has ever seen. No problems what so every and I paid $115 new. It has a 9" barrel. Love the gun.

It showed some wear on the finish in the first year, but it has never gotten any worse. I have never gone in the woods without it on my side and it shoots well.

pmeisel
February 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
I have the predecessor -- FIE little ranger -- fine little gun these last 25 years

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage Rough Rider" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!