tangfolio .22

PDA

shiftyer1
February 25, 2011, 10:52 PM
I recently ended up with a single action tangfolio revolver. It's marked .22lr but has a .22 mag cylinder in it. Is it safe to fire .22 mag in this gun? I don't know who made the cylinder but it seems to line up correctly.

If you enjoyed reading about "tangfolio .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
February 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
Well the tanfoglio brothers made single action revolvers from the 70's to 1990 and advertized 22lr and 22mag combes so if cylinder looks the same and the machining fiish is the same on the rear of the cylinder it is probably a matched set. Use a rod and patch jag from your cleaning kit and install the mag cylinder just to check alinment of barrel and cylinder when cocked to each chamber.

showmebob
February 26, 2011, 07:25 PM
22 magnums work fine in mine. You may want to remove and lock-tite all the screws as the ones in my gun work loose after every range session. Cheap but functional gun thats fun to shoot!

If you enjoyed reading about "tangfolio .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!