Best pocket pistol

PDA

slowr1der
February 26, 2011, 08:14 PM
I know you guys are probably thinking, not another one of these threads, but I'm hoping to get some opinions on what I should go with. I've been wanting a pocket pistol for about a year now, and just have been putting off buying one. I've gotten close a few times, but so far have kept changing my mind. I've been hoping to find something used, but every time I see a used one listed which is rare, it's more than new anyway.

So I had originally decided on the Ruger LCP I thought anyway. I for some reason fell in love with the looks of the engraved one, and this is still my favorite.

I then got to check out the Sig P238, and really found I liked how it felt better in my hand, I liked the trigger better, and I liked that the gun actually had regular sights on it. Overall, I felt the P238 wasn't even in the same league as the Ruger. Then I got online and started reading about all of the problems people are having with these Sig's, and that combined with the price has sort of turned me off from these.

I plan to maybe shoot this thing a couple of times per year and carry it in my pocket sometimes. I don't plan for it to be a range gun, so the trigger and the soft recoil of the Sig isn't something I'm wanting too badly since I just won't shoot either very much.

Then I got to check out the Ruger with the laser. A local shop is running a special for the LCP with the Crimson Trace laser for $399. I'm just finding this to be a super deal. Especially when I'm looking at paying about $322 for the engraved LCP with no laser. I find the sights hard to use on the Ruger, so I feel the laser would be a very very nice touch on this. That brings me to the point of should I go with the engraved without the laser, or the standard one with the laser? I for some reason just can't warm up to the looks of the standard one and I for some reason love the engraving. I'm aware that you can add the CT laser, but it seems like everywhere I look is about $175 for the laser, which is a lot more than the $120 premium the one with it already installed brings over the standard one without the laser. I wish I could get the engraved one with the laser for the $120 premium instead of paying $175 to buy it separately, but it doesn't look like I can.

Then this brings up another option since I've grown found of the laser. The S&W Bodyguard .380. This is about $350, but no one has one in stock so I've not gotten to check it out. I'm really liking the price on this, and having never owned a S&W, but always liked them has me kind of wanting this one. I know nothing about it though. I do know that I tried the Bodyguard in 38 special and I didn't like the laser on it near as much as the CT one on the LCP, just because I felt the switch to turn it on and off was in an awkward spot for me.

There is also a Taurus TCP, and I like this, but I have no interest in buying it due to Taurus's crappy customer service. I swore a long time ago I'd not by from them after seeing how they treated others, and I don't want to change that.

So as you can see there are lots of options to choose from. My favorite I've gotten to handle is the Ruger LCP engraved, but it seems like if I get the laser it's going to be right at $500 if not slightly over, and that seems like a lot when I've seen several Sigs for under that price range. I wish I could get this for $420 or so, but it doesn't seem I will ever get into one of those for that.

So what's your opinion on the best choice for a pocket pistol?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best pocket pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
February 27, 2011, 09:32 AM
Boy ,,, You like all of us are just going to have to find what you like best. For me ,I will not again own a micro sized pistol. Under stress if your hands are mid to larger sized they can be hard to get in action as quickly as a mid sized gun atleast for some of us. I started with a tomcat 26 years ago. Even in a pocket holster it could get some what lost in a pocket. And was regulated to ankle duty. I for one also don't want a laser that comes on at ever grab of the handgun. Gives the bad guy something to aim at in the dark,hehe. Also can teach bad shooting habits to a new concealed shooter.

Just pick up and handel everthing you can. Try to holster them the way you think you will carry. That might change with time or way you dress. If a 380 is what you want then rent a couple to see how you like them. Most desent ranges will have a couple diffent models. I have always have a 38 revolver as part of my rotation. Gone from a 21oz taurus 26 years ago and oh NEVER had a minutes trouble with it and still have it. To now haveing a 13 oz charter arms 38. Not fun to shoot with hot loads but works just like it should. I also have a a KT pf-9 and p-11 for carry and just picked up a used kahr cw9. All 9mm. The KTpf-9 is my almost everday go to carry in my front pocket. That is subject to change once in a while. The Kel Tech's can be bought for around 240, any of them can be bought for that. They also have the best service of them all if you should find a problem. and a great forum at KTOG. Even if you buy the s&w or ruger don't trust it till you have shoot 300 to 400 rounds and a atleast 100 rounds of carry ammo with out a single problem.
Just rent a gun to shoot when you can. Typicaly rental is buy the ammo guns is darn near nothing. Might be able to shoot all the 380 brands at a range might rent for the one price on a slow day. Our range will even let you shoot the owners carry gun. Go to the range with what ever you have and with a little BS most people will let you fire a few rounds from there handguns. I have got'n to shoot many different brands I would never get a chance to in a indoor range by just talk'n with other shooters. good luck

usp9
February 27, 2011, 09:46 AM
So what's your opinion on the best choice for a pocket pistol?

Seecamp, because I like my pocket gun to be small and reliable. Adding accessories and enlarging the gun defeats the purpose, IMHO.

DrLaw
February 27, 2011, 10:15 AM
Smith & Wesson concealed hammer series J-frames (Pre-lock). More power, small guns, never fail mechanisms.

Well, you asked what was the best pocket pistol. :neener::rolleyes:

The Doc is out now. :cool:

kokapelli
February 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
I have a P238, TCP, P3AT, Micro Desert Eagle and have shot my son's LCP a number of times. All of these guns will do the trick but if you want the best shooter IMO the P238 without hesitation.

Muddflap
February 27, 2011, 10:39 AM
There are a lot of options, and a wide range of prices. I know I have spent way too much money trying to figure out what I wanted, but those days are over. At least on pocket guns.

I started out with a S&W 642. I still have one, but it seems bulky.

Got a P3AT, but never could warm up to its appearance. It always made me think of the little .49 cent squirt guns I got as a little kid. It did what it was supposed to, but it went back to the factory 3 times, and it lost its appeal, so it went away.

Bought a Ruger LCP. It was a step up, appearance wise, from the P3AT, and it functioned perfectly, but like hardluk1 said, it was kind of hard to hang on to with big hands, so eventually it left the fold.

When Diamondback came out with the DB380, I thought it might be easier to hang on to, since it was shaped a little differently. I was wrong, and it too went bye bye.

Since I'm fond of Sig, I thought I'd try the P238. I was lucky, and got a good one. It was soft shooting, and very accurate. You could put 100 rounds through it at a time with no pain. But, unless you have loose pants, I found it was hard to get out of my pocket because of the beavertail, the hammer, and the general shape. Plus it was the only pistol I had with a safety, and that bothered me a little. I was always afraid I would forget to take the safety off in a tense situation. So another pocket pistol bit the dust.

Then I happened to be at a LGS, and there was a Kahr P380 in the case. I really liked the feel of the gun, and it had a definate quality that made me feel good about the price. I know function, and reliability are number 1, but I have to have something that appeals to my idea of good looking too. I ended up taking it home. It's almost as soft shooting as the Sig, which makes it easy to hang on to in spite of the small size. I have about 400 rounds through it now, and it has been perfect.

For me the search is over. With all the buying, selling, and trading, over the last 4 years, I'd be afraid to guess what the little Kahr actually cost me. It has been an education, but now I have a small pocket pistol that is reliable, dependable, there's no safety, it comes out of the pocket easy, I think it's good looking, and I can shoot it well.

Everyone has to get what they like, and what works for them. There are a lot of choices and hopefully you can find the one that fits you without too much pain.

ET
February 27, 2011, 11:00 AM
Not another one of these threads...:eek:

:neener:

BruiseLee
February 27, 2011, 12:44 PM
hardluk1 said, "For me ,I will not again own a micro sized pistol. Under stress if your hands are mid to larger sized they can be hard to get in action as quickly as a mid sized gun atleast for some of us. I started with a tomcat 26 years ago."

No offense, but to the best of my knowledge, the Beretta Tomcat came out in 1996, which is just 15 years ago. I know, because I bought one.

wally
February 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
S&W Bodyguard .380. Best of the breed, and at the recently reduced price the best buy.

Add me to the list of folks with a P238 that doesn't work out of the box :( I'll be calling them Monday to see about sending it back. If they pay shipping both ways (like S&W) and actually fix it I'll completely forgive them.

Ala Dan
February 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
For me, its my KEL-TEC P3AT .380 ACP~! Mine is like the energizer
bunny; "it will take a licking, and keep on ticking", by running and
running without any hiicups~! :uhoh: ;) :D

FootNote: I fell approximately 3 feet from a ladder at work, landing
on the rear pocket where I keep my P3AT in a Uncle Mikes #2 pocket
holster. Luckily, neither myself nor the weapon was hurt. The KT was
very forgiving, as it shoots as well today; as it did when I first bought
it~! Nowdays, I don't climb any more.

hivo
February 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
I have the LCP engraved model. I also liked the looks of the engraving. I purchased mine mainly for summer carry. It fits in shorts pockets very nicely. As for sights this gun was designed for self defense not range accuracy, point and shoot. I've put about 150 rounds through mine with no problems. Some will say thats not enough to tell if it will be reliable or not. I have full confidence that IF I have to pull it, it will go BANG! BUT like everyone says try all of them you can. Just like the guns ,everyone is different.
HIVO

carbuncle
February 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
I just got back from my first range trip with my new Bodyguard .380 (test fired at the factory 1-22-11) and am very pleased with it's accuracy, low recoil and reliability. The laser wasn't up to competing with the range's bright fluorescent lights, but the sights worked great: I started at 21 feet and was pleasantly surprised, took it out to 30 feet for a couple of mags shot into the head area of a B-27 and lit up the vitals again of the same target out at around 40 feet: not bad for a pocket pistol. Out of 100 rounds of Blazer Brass I had 1 FTF due to a bad round, solid primer hit but no bang, but no gun-related malfunctions or hang-ups. Firing the gun was really remarkably fun, the recoil is negligible to the point where I could enjoyably fire several hundred rounds in a session and get tired of shooting way before my hands wore out. Great ergonomics, good reliability, this one's a keeper for me.

hardluk1
February 27, 2011, 08:01 PM
bruiselee Yes ,right. pays to read several times I guess. Carried the 38 from when florida legalized CC . Never could get close to the tomcat and it wieghted way more than corent light weights. Keepit till about 2 years ago It shot everything just one of those size guns that never fit for me. First sign of old age ,can't ,a,a,a remember ,,, sometimes

almherdfan
February 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
Bersa Thunder .380 cc has been the best so far. I've tried the LCP, the Kel Tec's (.380 & 9mm), the S&W .38 bodyguard, & the Walther PK .380. The Walther is a close 2nd. I've had much fun trying to find the right weapon, but spent too much $$.

MedWheeler
February 27, 2011, 11:42 PM
I carried a PPK/S back in the nineties as an off-duty gun, and had no issues with it at all (it was a pocket-carry piece off-duty, and an ankle-carry BUG on-duty.) I don't have it anymore; sold it to pay some pressing bills after I parted ways with the job. I rarely pocket-carry now, but when I do, it's with my also-belt-carried Kel-Tec PF-9.

Shadow 7D
February 27, 2011, 11:50 PM
What ever you got that fits

I think the P32 and Seacamp, and even the Guardian, or a older auto would do fine
I would take .32 in a small package before .380 because its that much more controllable
in the end it's up to you, and if it's .22 or .50BMG, as long as your are comfortable, competent and accurate with it....

MICHAEL T
February 28, 2011, 01:37 AM
KelTec 380 in my pocket most of the time I sometimes carry my Colt Mustang But KT get the most pocket carry

FC
February 28, 2011, 01:44 AM
I have a P3AT and a S&W 638, I normally carry the kel-tec because I shoot it better instinctively although the S&W is FAR more accurate and has an excellent trigger.

MartyGrant
February 28, 2011, 01:46 AM
I just posted about a S&W BG380 on another thread. It was kinda long so look for it if you want. Short version. I like this .380 pistol very much and it worked flawlessly.

theis
February 28, 2011, 08:48 AM
I make concealed carry holsters so when I heard about the lc9 coming out I knew I could not wait a year on them to make a blue gun mold for it.So I bought one just to make holsters with, but to my surprise this is a awesome little gun. Feels great in the hand, very easy on recoil, extremely accurate. I didn't get to keep it long, my wife snatched it up as her new edc.

Shadow 7D
February 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
GO TRY THEM....
Sorry but I'm not you
and you will hate the little pocket beast
so best you got pick it out....

BruiseLee
February 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
hardluk1 said, "bruiselee Yes ,right. pays to read several times I guess. Carried the 38 from when florida legalized CC . Never could get close to the tomcat and it wieghted way more than corent light weights. Keepit till about 2 years ago It shot everything just one of those size guns that never fit for me. First sign of old age ,can't ,a,a,a remember ,,, sometimes."

Hey, no problem. Yes, I agree the Tomcat is too heavy. I've had 2 S&W Airweight snubbies that weigh about the same. If I had the Inox version, the Tomcat would weight even more. I liked all of them, though. Of course my hands are only average size.

I would like to pick up a Kahr P380, but the price! I almost went for it, but when I found out they only gave you one magazine for a $700 .380, it was too much for me.

Can't get Kel Tec, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard .380, or the Taurus .380 here in **********. But that's ok, since there are no gangs, riots, or crime here.

CZguy
February 28, 2011, 01:22 PM
Can't get Kel Tec, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard .380, or the Taurus .380 here in **********. But that's ok, since there are no gangs, riots, or crime here.

Well that just made me spray some coffee. :)

You might want to keep your eye out for a good used Kahr. That can help the price out quite a lot.

kokapelli
February 28, 2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe Kahr will come out with a "C" version of the P380. That will certainly make the little pistol more attractive.

RidgwayCO
February 28, 2011, 01:44 PM
My P380 is the last .380 Auto pistol I'll ever need to buy. I've tried (most of) the rest, and the Kahr just feels, functions, and shoots the best. Yes, it's a lot of money, but I'll only have to pay it once.

verdun59
February 28, 2011, 01:57 PM
BruiseLee,
I knew things were slightly higher west of the rockies, but $700 and one mag is waaaay out of line; at least here on the cheaper east coast. If you can swing it you really should look at the Kahr P380. It well made and a soft shooter which allows you to practice without having to rehabilitate your hand afterward. If not I guess you will have to go with kokapelli and take a chance on a Sig.

kokapelli
February 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
http://ompldr.org/vN2xvYw/P380.jpg

DAdams
February 28, 2011, 02:47 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m22/dadams111/Holiday/P1010004.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m22/dadams111/Handguns/P1010005.jpg

Here is my .380. See in the second photo the magazine extension grip. Definitely helps.

Uneasy Rider
February 28, 2011, 03:00 PM
Very informative thread.

I was in the gun shop today fondling some .380's as well.

What is everyones take on the Taurus TCP? I didn't get a chance to shoot any of them but it sure did seem like a well put together little gun. Especially for the price.

I've never owned a Taurus & the TCP .380 is made in USA. I like that. Do they have some issues I should know about?

I originally went in to check out the LCP, but that Taurus actually seemed to be a bit of a more quality piece, enough so that it made me want to wait & get some feedback from you boys here at T.H.R..

So anyone own or shoot the Taurus TCP? Good, bad or what?

Thanks in advance.

heeler
February 28, 2011, 03:07 PM
The Bodyguard in many ways gives you the most bang for the buck because of the built in laser.
There are plenty up for bid on GunBroker as of this morning.
And from what I have read they were obviously heavily tested before Smith decided to release them to the public as I'm not reading endless tells of woe from people on forums having to send it back to the factory such as the owners of Ruger,Kel-Tec,Sig,Diamondback,etc.
If I was going to start paying 500 plus for a .380 it would be the Kahr with the night sights for me.

Ludlow
February 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
In my limited experience, I've found the LCP the best choice so far. Would like to check out that new SIG 9mm pocket rocket when possible.

verdun59
February 28, 2011, 03:43 PM
kokapelli,
My thoughts exactly, you're on top of your game....

CWO4GUNNER
February 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
It all comes down to your ability to carry, while a mandatory issue duty weapon is a mandatory tool, after 8 hours it become a brick. When I would get home a I wanted to get my duty gun off my body and a personal carry was a challenge until I found the perfect "Get-OFF-Me-Gun". In my book a true carry gun is one that you can wear 24/7 off duty even to the shower and yes I carry my personal to bed (next to me) and especially the shower (set on the top shower molding). The NAA 22 Mag revolver, the perfect 24/7 "Get-OFF-Me-Gun".

CWO4GUNNER
March 1, 2011, 01:09 AM
I forgot this section is for semiautomatics. In that case forget about the NAA revolver I spoke of above. In that case the best semiautomatic choice that balances cost and quality, and is the lightest 9mm in the world (12oz) and one of the safest as a DA only gun is of course none other then the Kel-Tec PF9. I don't own one YET but I owned the P40 and it was a great concealable semiautomatic, a little over the top in 40SW but in 9mm better, and I hear the PF9 is even more refined and far more accurate. I suppose it is as close as you will get to a "Get-Off-Me-Gun" semiautomatic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRbkOdUgms

makarovnik
March 1, 2011, 07:06 AM
I like the Micro Desert Eagle and the NAA .380. They are both steel like the Seecamp which I like also.

kokapelli
March 1, 2011, 09:10 AM
I like the Micro Desert Eagle and the NAA .380. They are both steel like the Seecamp which I like also.
Those are all blowbacks that produce way more felt recoil than the rest of the much softer shooting locked breach micros.

I don't shoot my Micro Desert Eagle very much because it really hammers my hand and so did the NAA I once owned.

On the other hand I can shoot any of the locked breach pistols extensively without pain.

Having a little arthritis doesn't help either.

wally
March 1, 2011, 09:59 AM
I've posted some comparison photos of the LCP, Bodyguard 380, P238, and Kahr PM40 in this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=576986

I'm happy to report I had an unexpected chance to get to the range before calling SIG about returning my pistol. Seems I gave up a bit too soon last time as the last failure to go into battery seems to have been the last -- ran ~125 rounds through it, half a dozen brands of ammo. Seems mine needed a couple of hundred rounds to loosen up enough to work.

The P238 weighs as much empty as the Bodyguard does loaded (15oz), and the LCP is the lightest fully loaded at 12oz. The loaded PM40 comes in at 21oz (180gr ammo). I use the 102gr Golden Saber in my little .380 guns for carry.

M2 Carbine
March 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
My pockets are too shallow to carry even a 2 inch S&W J Frame, so I carry a Ruger LCP, Kel Tec, Micro Desert Eagle, or other small .380.

Last week I impulse bought a Ruger LC9. I have put almost 800 trouble free rounds through the gun.. The gun is very accurate, even out to 52 yards.
52 yards. Standing. 49/50.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/RugerLC952imissyardtarget.jpg

Best of all it fits my pocket. I feel a little better with the 9mm instead of the .380.:)

kokapelli
March 1, 2011, 02:13 PM
My pockets are too shallow to carry even a 2 inch S&W J Frame, so I carry a Ruger LCP, Kel Tec, Micro Desert Eagle, or other small .380.

Last week I impulse bought a Ruger LC9. I have put almost 800 trouble free rounds through the gun.. The gun is very accurate, even out to 52 yards.
52 yards. Standing. 49/50.

Best of all it fits my pocket. I feel a little better with the 9mm instead of the .380.:)
Based on that the PM9 or the new CM9 would fit in your pocket even better than the LC9.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/zdadthrice/Pistolas/RugerLC9-KahrPM9comparison-1.jpg

DAdams
March 1, 2011, 05:59 PM
The Kahr .380 wasn't available when I was on the hunt for small .380.
Given my initial hit and miss success with my PM9 I'm not certain I would have selected it in any event. I have had no issues with the Seecamp and carry it most days. It does have recommended ammunition requirements, per Larry Seecamp.

For those with the Kahr .380s how has the out of the box performance been?
Any ammo limititions.

gym
March 2, 2011, 01:06 AM
the lcp can't be beat, I traded in my seacamp for one. It goes bang every time. Also the taurus slim, is my newest toy in 40. But not a pocket pistol. Then the pf9, not that much bigger if you iwb, it is light and is a 9. After that it's glock 26 or 27. Kahr i had nothing but trouble with, I know a lot of guys that had the same problems, and for what they charge they should fire when you pull the trigger. Never liked them always thought there were better guns for the money. I know my pistols will fire when I pull the trigger. That PF-9 may have a lousey trigger and look a little cheap, but it never had a problem, same with the ruger. I clean my guns methodically and can do minor work like polishing and sights, there are some pistols that just are not fitted right, and even sending them back won't fix that. I learned after 40 years of carrying guns every day, if it screws up twice after I send it back, then it's gone. When I say I traded my seacamp it was not ab evn trade, I got $150, plus a ruger, for a 32 seacamp, "just to clarufy".

biohazurd
March 2, 2011, 01:43 AM
For me the best pocket gun would be a kt p32, p3at or the lcp. Im not opposed to j-frames by any means though.

rvehock
March 2, 2011, 05:21 AM
+1 Ket-Tec P32:
http://vehock.dyndns.org/P-32_1g.jpg

Kilgor
March 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
the lcp can't be beat, I traded in my seacamp for one.

:what: :banghead:

CZguy
March 2, 2011, 02:01 PM
the lcp can't be beat, I traded in my seacamp for one.

I have an LCP, and like it. But I don't think that I would trade a Seacamp for one. ;)

rvehock

I'm glad that you like your holster. I think that (for me) a holster without an exposed trigger is safer.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/badgerone/LCPII.jpg

wally
March 2, 2011, 02:40 PM
Careful rvehock, The BATFE ahs ruled those "shoot through" "wallet" holsters make the the gun an AOW requiring NFA registration and a tax stamp!

I used to have one for my AMT Backup .380, got rid of it when the rulling came out. The idea is sound, IMHO, but the legal issues make it impractical.

Shadow 7D
March 2, 2011, 03:48 PM
Wally HUH????????
Care to back that up with a link or something???

rvehock
March 2, 2011, 05:10 PM
For anyone that doubts my wallet holster for my KT P-32, please take the time to read the ATF document from the link below.

http://gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm

kokapelli
March 2, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'd be a little concerned about the exposed trigger in the wallet holster. I know there is a lot of leather around it but it's still exposed and could catch on something.

Jeff Scott
March 3, 2011, 09:16 AM
+1 on the PM9. Mine rides in my pocket just fine.

Based on that the PM9 or the new CM9 would fit in your pocket even better than the LC9.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/zdadthrice/Pistolas/RugerLC9-KahrPM9comparison-1.jpg

abq87120
March 3, 2011, 09:52 AM
I like the LCP with a finger extension and a Disantis Nemesis holster. I will eventually pick up an ankle holster just because... This little gun had issues when it first came out because it was only a cleaned up knock-off of the Kel-Tec P3AT but with a manual slide lock. The Kel-Tec requires (required) a "fluff-and-buff" to make them feed properly from what I read. Mine has been reliable since I sent it in for the recall and broke it in. However, this is the last model of any Ruger I'm buying until they've been on the market for five years or more.

As far as SD goes, the 380 bullet is a piss-ant. But a piss-ant is better than nothing. I can reliably draw and place seven rounds in a six inch paper plate at ten feet in a very, very short period of time. Over ten feet and that's a little out of the range that this gun was designed for. But ten feet or less is the range of most of the SD situations from what I read.

Just my $.02.

Dan in ABQ

benderx4
March 3, 2011, 10:55 AM
When it comes to true POCKET guns, there simply are none better than Seecamp.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4526835871_90f4806abb.jpg

CZguy
March 3, 2011, 05:26 PM
I like my LCP, but what benderx4 says about the Seacamp is absolutely true. I just can't afford one right now.

Slowplayaa
March 4, 2011, 01:57 AM
I like the Taurus TCP over the Ruger LCP for the TCP's lighter trigger pull, and just as importantly, that the TCP comes with 2 magazines standard, with carry pouch for about $30 less than the LCP (at time of my purchase).

The TCP also felt better constructed to me, and fit better in my hand. I also just purchased the Sig 238 and enjoy both. Many other good .380s out there, and now that .380 ammo is so much easier to find, I don't think you can go wrong with any .380 that fits your hand, that you can carry concealed comfortably, and most importantly, that you can shoot accurately.

Buy what you can shoot and conceal best. If you can't carry it well, you won't carry it. If you can't shoot it, well.... 'nuf said.

Shadow 7D
March 4, 2011, 05:10 AM
Whatever you got in your pocket that you can shoot well

Steve 48
March 4, 2011, 05:02 PM
The TCP is a very accurate gun also and fits my hands like a glove. 1000 rounds and still going strong.

gym
March 4, 2011, 07:23 PM
He's right about those wallett holsters, they are tricky, I have read in sevral forums that they are illegal now without the stamp. Also let me correct my post when I said I traided my seacamp for a luger lcp, it was not an even trade. I got $150.00 in cash plus the ruger for a 32 seacamp. Even though I lost money because I bought the seacamp when they first came out in 32, and were getting a grand for thrm with a 2 yr wait. I forget sometimes that I am older than some of the younger members, and Have been buying and upgrading guns now since I started carrying in the mid 70's in NY.
We considered a model 60 a sub compact, back then.

Lefty Wright
March 4, 2011, 10:18 PM
KelTec P32. easiest to carry and most accurate. Over 700 rounds with no failures.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best pocket pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!