real world ACR accuracy?

PDA

brian923
February 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, was at a local gunstore and saw some ACR's for sale and had to drool for awhile. I've always wanted one just to say that I have one. I currently own a 223 caliber AR that will shoot 1/4" groups at 100 yards. I was wondering what the real world accuracy of these rifles really is. Thanks guys, brian.

If you enjoyed reading about "real world ACR accuracy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Balrog
February 28, 2011, 01:30 AM
Its the most accurate assault rifle in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, if that helps.

Travmcgrav
February 28, 2011, 01:41 AM
Its the most accurate assault rifle in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, if that helps.
I literally just laughed out loud cause I was gonna say the same thing.

Justin
February 28, 2011, 02:38 AM

It does not, but thanks for playing.

From what I've been told by a friend who owns one, it's a reasonably field-accurate accurate rifle, but nothing to scream about.

lloydkristmas
February 28, 2011, 02:51 AM
Like he said, dont expect match grade AR accuracy out of it, but thats not what it was built for.

I shot with some buddies of mine out in the desert, got to see an ACR in action. It was reliable, and reasonably accurate. Between it, a SCAR, an FS2000, 2 AR's, a MSAR Aug clone, a Sig 556, and two Arsenal AK's, it was the third most accurate, behind only the AR15s.

Reliability-wise, it was one of the five guns that was able to go through a whole case of ammunition without malfunction. Those being the ACR, 2 AK's, FS2000, and 556. Oddly enough, the SCAR malf'd twice. The MSAR was a jammomatic, as was one of the two AR's.

I'd like to have one, but I have other rifles that do roughly the same thing, so its sort of low on my list.

If you enjoyed reading about "real world ACR accuracy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!