Business attire, holster...

PDA

wild cat mccane
February 28, 2011, 03:33 PM
I know this wont be well received because it would be about the most difficult to use holster but I am going to ask anyway :)

Is there a thigh holster that is inside the pants, and on the inside of the thigh?

If you enjoyed reading about "Business attire, holster..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
malakili
February 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2638&CatalogID=393

Cool idea, actually.

David E
February 28, 2011, 03:46 PM
I sure hope the OP is female !

9mmepiphany
February 28, 2011, 03:53 PM
I could see it if you use tear away pants like strippers wear...really not much more odd than the Superman Rip used with holsters mounted on soft body armor...I certainly wouldn't even consider trying to pull a pant leg up in trying to reach a thigh mounted holster.

I could see it's usefulness if your attire tended toward saggin and you already had you hand in the area holding up your oversized jeans

wild cat mccane
February 28, 2011, 03:59 PM
Male.

I have tried Smart Carry, pocket, and IWB. All print unless you get pleated, or larger clothes.

David E
February 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
What kind of gun?

wild cat mccane
February 28, 2011, 04:02 PM
The galco doesn't interest me too much. The thigh is tappered. I would assume this would slip and turn it into an ankle carry.

wild cat mccane
February 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
PM9.

In flat front slacks it prints. Even my P3AT was weird looking. IWB wasn't great either for me.

Ludlow
February 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
Try looking at an ankle rig or even one of those "kangaroo pouch" like holsters (no clue to the name)

AJChenMPH
February 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.usgalco.com/QA.asp#What+are+the+Thigh+Band+options%3F

According to this, it's held up either by hooking onto your belt or secured to a strap that you wear around your waist, thereby preventing it from falling down.

And you have the option of drawing through your pants fly. :scrutiny:

ETA: if you wear button-down shirts that aren't too tight, you might go with a holster t-shirt.

Ludlow
February 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
Maybe like this?...

http://www.e-junkie.com/47863/product/63350.php

mgmorden
February 28, 2011, 04:32 PM
I occasionally have to wear a suit to work, and my honest recommendation is to get a small .380 pocket pistol (Kel-tec, Ruger, S&W, Taurus - you choose there), and a small pocket holster, and then just drop it in your pocket. I know you say it was "weird looking", but IMHO, that may just be you overanalyzing it looking at it because you already know it's there. For me there's a print of "something" in the pocket, but realistically my cell phone "prints" a little. All a matter of whether or not it's recognizeable as a weapon - and IMHO for me it never is. Heck if need be you can ever get "wallet" holsters for those little guns and keep it in your BACK pocket. It's flat, it's the right thickness, and some even have a little flap so you can't look down into the pocket and see the gun. Only oddity from that perspective would be that anyone looking would notice that you appear to be carrying two wallets (no big deal - I often carry a decoy wallet anyways - if I need to hand it over it has $5 and a bunch of expired credit cards in it).

If you're wearing a jacket you could easily conceal a whole myriad of options if it never came off, but I'm guessing you want the freedom to take it off (can't blame you).

Sure, there is the endless debate about the .380 being "weak" (I don't share that viewpoint, but some might), in but reality barring some really weird tear away "stripper" pants like those mentioned above (which just seem like a terrible idea in the first place), it's going to be so inconvenient to access a concealed gun on your thigh that no matter how big it is, if you actually need it you'll be long dead by the time you can reach it.

AZ Five seveN
February 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
Crossbreed SuperTuck. Period.

ColtPythonElite
February 28, 2011, 05:28 PM
With dress pants, I find front pocket carry comfortable, even with a Colt Agent.

wild cat mccane
February 28, 2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the replies and the move to the right spot.

I have the P3AT. I like carryin it. But I am willing to give up speed to make it less in the way.

With flat front pants it does look like the P3AT is gun in my pants with a kydex pocket holster. With the super fly it is just too big. I know it looks like I have a large item in my pocket and not a gun, but the large object is just weird.

I also disagree on the IWB disappearing. When you sit down or bend over the pring against your rear or side it obvious.

Some one suggested a smart carry knock off....i tried the real Smart Carry. Prints just like in the pocket, but you can move it around but still prints....

Ankle just shows too much. The fear of it flipping up and me not noticing the pants caught on it would be too much.

I was thinking the inside of the thigh has got to be the least visible place. I know it is slow, but couldn't be more hidden. I would rather have it on me than in the brief case.

leadcounsel
February 28, 2011, 06:27 PM
The OP needs to learn to blouse his dress shirt more loosely and maybe buy a size larger dress pants. A quality IWB tuckable holster will make any typical small framed semi-auto nearly disappear. Just be consious of what movements you can do and cannot do. Squat instead of bend, for instance. Guard that side of your body, naturally, with your arm, etc.

hirundo82
February 28, 2011, 06:57 PM
With flat front pants it does look like the P3AT is gun in my pants with a kydex pocket holster. With the super fly it is just too big. I know it looks like I have a large item in my pocket and not a gun, but the large object is just weird.There will be a bulge, but nobody notices a gun in your pocket. When was the last time you checked out the contents of someone's pockets?

NMGonzo
February 28, 2011, 08:04 PM
With suit and jacket, I can carry my .44 magnum.

camsdaddy
March 1, 2011, 08:27 PM
I can carry my Glock 26 in a Smartcarry holster wearing just about anything and no one the wiser.

If you enjoyed reading about "Business attire, holster..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!