USPS considers a paintball marker a gun

PDA

Harry Tuttle
January 5, 2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383917
we are now on the possible terrorist list for the us postal service,

because a customer marker that was coming in for upgrades was a suspect package and was opened.

they informed me it was illegal to ship "firearms" through the post office

i told them that mass law does not concider a paintball marker a firearm and i was informed by the post master that he did not care, because it looke just like a gun

so now in order to get the markers out of the post office i need to be able to produce a federal firearms manufacturing and repair liscence which by law we don't need

I have no clue what we are going to do

If you enjoyed reading about "USPS considers a paintball marker a gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Car Knocker
January 5, 2004, 05:40 PM
The local postmaster has a boss. The USPS has rules and regulations that the local folks have to adhere to. Get the boss involved.

Langenator
January 5, 2004, 06:18 PM
He's in Mass., so finding a friendly in-state Congresscritter to complain to is a long shot, but it's worth a try.

tyme
January 5, 2004, 11:40 PM
So perhaps shipping pens, pencils, and cell phones should require a license because they "look like" zip guns?

Sounds like a USPS mini-boss needs to get fired.

carpettbaggerr
January 6, 2004, 01:04 AM
Contact the Postmaster General. Paintball guns aren't firearms under federal law. If your local Postmaster doesn't understand the law, I'm sure the Postmaster General will be happy to explain it to him.

If you enjoyed reading about "USPS considers a paintball marker a gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!