What are your thoughts?

PDA

mipsitch
February 28, 2011, 05:51 PM
So, it seems that some think the right to self defense is a CIVIL right not a HUMAN right. What are your thoughts? Personally, I believe it is a human right. Everyone has this right to protect themselves because everyone has the right to feel the security of being safe. Which is a basic human need, safety... so I guess I just don't get the whole NON HUMAN RIGHT :banghead: issue? Lets clear this issue up.

If you enjoyed reading about "What are your thoughts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
February 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
There's already been a thread on this - why do we need another one?

cheygriz
February 28, 2011, 06:44 PM
All human rights should also be civil rights, or you don't have a free society. :p

Cal-gun Fan
March 1, 2011, 09:29 AM
So, it seems that some think the right to self defense is a CIVIL right not a HUMAN right. What are your thoughts? Personally, I believe it is a human right. Everyone has this right to protect themselves because everyone has the right to feel the security of being safe. Which is a basic human need, safety... so I guess I just don't get the whole NON HUMAN RIGHT :banghead: issue? Lets clear this issue up.
Well, if we do want to get technical, self-defense is one of the rights in the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights. However, it is a right in the United States of America's Bill of Rights too, which protects the rights of the people to keep and bear arms from infringement by the government.
The right to self defense doesn't mean guns, necessarily. In our Bill of Rights, it is more clear because of the way it was written, which allows us to keep arms FOR defense specifically, whether it be against infringement of our rights, assault on our persons, or foreign dangers.

If you enjoyed reading about "What are your thoughts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!