AR15 Bulk Magazine storage

PDA

TechBrute
March 1, 2011, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have an particularly innovative ideas regarding storing large amounts of AR15 magazines? Stacking them is a little awkward due to the curve, I find it hard to pull a stack off the shelf without a bunch of others trying to join in the fun. Do you store them in boxes, cases, etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Bulk Magazine storage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shawn Dodson
March 1, 2011, 12:07 PM
Not really "innovative" but I store mine in smaller plastic tote boxes (a little bigger than shoebox size). It keeps them organized, dust free, and reduces clutter.

Tommygunn
March 1, 2011, 12:08 PM
I use either boxes or those carry cases -- those with the "tactical" shoulder strap.
I used to use squad automatic cases but they didn't work out so well.
The banana curve does make it interesting.
I have the same problem with 30 round M-1 Carbine mags. They do have carriers for them that seem to work OK though but they don't fit AR mags.

taliv
March 1, 2011, 12:11 PM
i'm mostly in the same boat. never found a really elegant solution.
for empties, i store them in a dresser drawer. stacked on edge two deep.
for loaded, i stack them on a shelf about 5 or 6 high.

Justin
March 1, 2011, 02:50 PM
Somewhere along the line I managed to score a metal ammo can that works pretty well. It stores about 35 magazines without much trouble.

Dr.Rob
March 1, 2011, 02:52 PM
Keyboard boxes. Ammo cans.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Bulk Magazine storage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!