Shooters Monument

PDA

lizziedog1
March 3, 2011, 01:21 AM
Mount Rushmore is a great tribute to four great presidents: Roosevelt, Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln. Few could argue that these four were not influential to our history. What if they decided to make a similar monument dedicated to gun inventors and developers? Which four American Gun men (or women) do you think would have to be included?

Here are my four: Browning, Gatling, Colt, and Ruger.

Your turn.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooters Monument" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smokey Joe
March 3, 2011, 09:16 PM
Lizziedog--An interesting proposition! I could go along with your first 3, but I'd have to substitute Garand for Ruger. Much more influential to our history. Oh, and Eli Whitney belongs in there somewhere--He developed the idea of interchangeable parts for firearms.

Liberty1776
March 3, 2011, 10:24 PM
John Moses Browning, Eliphalet Remington, Samuel L. Colt, and the fourth one would be hard - Jacob and Samuel Hawken, "Carbine" Williams, Christian Sharps, Harry M. Pope? - they's a bunch of 'em... (thank goodness...)

Cal-gun Fan
March 3, 2011, 10:48 PM
Mine would be Browning, Colt, Garand, and Stoner.

The Real Wyatt
March 3, 2011, 11:00 PM
Mine would be:
Browning
Colt
Garand
Kalasnhikov

Cal-gun Fan
March 3, 2011, 11:02 PM
Mine would be:
Browning
Colt
Garand
Kalasnhikov
American gun makers

Rembrandt
March 3, 2011, 11:04 PM
Thank goodness no mentioned Gaston Glock....he would deserve a vinyl blow image similar to what's used at car dealerships. (sorry, missed the part about being American)

Jorg Nysgerrig
March 4, 2011, 01:39 AM
Let's try not to respond to people signatures as if they are part of the thread. It tends to confuse the issue at hand.

JTHunter
March 4, 2011, 01:50 AM
Browning
Remington
Colt
Garand

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooters Monument" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!