i want to trade m 870 super magnum for a cheap ak

PDA

joeshmo
March 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
theres a gun show in my area in about 2 weeks. when ive gone in the past i see alot of wasr10s and other cheap ak variants, ive got a 10/22 and 2 other bolt action remingtons 22lrs ones from the 1910s or 20s, and my 870 express super mag it has a cut down 22 inch barrel and a 3 round remington extension and a cheap magnetic neon sight on the rib, anyway i would like to trade the shotgun and maybe 1 or 2 22s for a used ak most likely a hi cap wasr or sar. the wasr new is about 300 350 but used they go for about 200 250. do you think thats a good offer

If you enjoyed reading about "i want to trade m 870 super magnum for a cheap ak" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
slowr1der
March 4, 2011, 07:50 PM
Honestly, if they go used for $200-250, I'd trade the 870 for it and nothing else. The 870 Super Mags go quickly used for $250 in this area and sometimes sell for $300. The 10/22's go from about $170-250 depending on which model it is.

joeshmo
March 4, 2011, 08:21 PM
im in northwest oregon, im not exactly sure how to go about selling or trading at a gun show whats the difference when you trade versus buying or selling?

papa_bear
March 4, 2011, 08:49 PM
your better off going for an sks. you don't want a cheap ak. besides I doubt you will find someone to agree to that deal

joeshmo
March 4, 2011, 09:07 PM
well couldnt i just sell the guns at the gun show? how hard is that. then i could use cash to buy the ak, and im not to worried about the quality of the wasr ive looked into it and im fine with it.

Sooner1911
March 4, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joe,

I think you will find that the $ offered for your gun by a buyer/exhibitor at a gun show will have little or nothing to do what the gun would sell for at the same show. I don't know what the rules are for selling in your state but your best bet might be to sell to another person for cash at the show. Find some way to put a for sale sign on your back and you will likely have lots of people asking what you have. You might find a person looking for what you have to sell. That way you get retail in order to buy retail. Make sure you fully understand the show rules and the state laws. You might actually have to leave the venue in order to sell to keep from violating show rules. Someone from your area might have a better idea

Gordon_Freeman
March 4, 2011, 11:18 PM
I highly recommend a WASR. I personally wouldn't trade any guns. I would just buy a WASR. Do your research on them first. Youtube has plenty of videos of what to look for when shopping for one.

TheGewehrGuy
March 5, 2011, 06:02 AM
Highly recommend a WASR? I have heard nothing but problems with those things. Get a CAI VZ-58, they are the only thing that Century Arms "makes" that doesn't create a bunch of problems. The majority of its U.S. made minus a few Czech parts.

The VZ-58 in design is better than the AK in nearly every aspect, except you can't run it over with a hummer and expect it to shoot (bummer).

I highly suggest you research it, and buy one, they are great! And they are only $400!

TheGewehrGuy
March 5, 2011, 06:04 AM
And btw I don't think thats a good offer, and I have never seen a used WASR go for 200, if I did I would buy it!

I think you should just SELL your guns, and then order a VZ 58, don't trade someone, usually you won't get a fair trade.

CGRifleman
March 5, 2011, 09:09 AM
WASRs aren't top-notch, but they're good, reasonably priced weapons. The biggest problem they seem to have is the canted front sight block (not all have this, but check it first). Mine was canted but it didn't seem to affect accuracy, and even though I later replaced my WASR with a MAK-90, I don't regret buying it at all. I paid $440 for mine so if you can get one for $200-250 go for it.

Gordon_Freeman
March 5, 2011, 02:19 PM
The WASR does have a bad reputation, but there are many of us out here who really like them. They are not going to be as pretty as an Arsenal AK, but those cost a lot more. As long as you do your research you can't go wrong.

joeshmo
March 5, 2011, 08:17 PM
i used to have a nicely made bulgarian ak, had a thicker than standard stamped receiver and it was fairly acurate but it was stolen awhile back. ive handled alot of wasr but never shot them. what about selling at a local gunstore? i checked out a site today and they gave average trade in value on my shotgun an 10/22 for average quality at 150 and 120. i not so sure about it but if so id jus do that.

joeshmo
March 5, 2011, 08:20 PM
to be a bit clearer what are the chances of a gunstore actually purchasing my guns for any price? is it fairly easy to sell to a store or would my chances be better at the pawn shop

Davek1977
March 8, 2011, 06:07 AM
Highly recommend a WASR? I have heard nothing but problems with those things. Get a CAI VZ-58, they are the only thing that Century Arms "makes" that doesn't create a bunch of problems. The majority of its U.S. made minus a few Czech parts.

Ok, you "heard" that, huh?.....how many WASR's have you owned? handled? Shot? Seen shot? I have one that has been nothing but 100% reliable. Yes, some...mostly earlier...imports had issues with canted sights and whatnot. However, more recent imports tend NOT to have this issue, and are generally good shooters. Furthermore, you are passing along a LOT of misinformation..First of all, Century Arms IMPORTS WASR10's as COMPLETE RIFLES, then make the mods to make it (922)r compliant, such as replacing a few parts and milling out the magwell to accecpt standard AK mags... ALSO, VZ58's are not "primarily american made" as you claim....they are built in Czechoslovakia originally. They are built from CZECH parts, with only enough US parts to make it compliant. CIA assembles the VZ-58, but NOT the WASR 10, whic h is imported as a whole rifle then modified. VZ's are imported as parts and assmebled stateside

If you enjoyed reading about "i want to trade m 870 super magnum for a cheap ak" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!