Another Darwin recipient (not the dog story)

PDA

Brad Johnson
January 25, 2003, 12:27 PM
Lesson #1 - Never point an authentic-looking replica gun at police officers armed with REAL ones.

Lesson # 2 - there is no lesson #2 because you are now DEAD.

Check out the story in the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/012503/loc_012503051.shtml)

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Darwin recipient (not the dog story)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J Miller
January 25, 2003, 02:40 PM
You know, I've done some stupid things in my life, but this guy takes the cake.
In the last couple of years I have read several news reports where young males have pointed realistic guns at cops and ended up shot and sometimes dead.
I just can't understand why these people do this. Are they so engrosed in their fantacy world or whatever, that they believe the cops are not real?

Well at least this one probably didn't spawn any like him before being killed. A few less defective chromasomes for the gene pool.

Greg L
January 25, 2003, 02:49 PM
Sounds like another suicide by cop.

Greg

MessedUpMike
January 25, 2003, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure if this one qualifies for a Darwin Award due to it's frequency. I think this one has already been entered into thier stupidity hall of fame. This is actually enough of a problem that a number of states including Liberal-Maryland-Where-the-Criminals-Come-First has what is called a sillouete law that states if you point something looking like a gun at an person they may justifiably shoot you in self defense. Then again some people just don't learn.

Chuck Dye
January 25, 2003, 03:11 PM
I notice that the toy in the photo has no orange at the muzzle, wonder if it once did, and wonder further if part of the dead guy’s suicidal behavior was removing any orange from the toy. For that matter, I have long wondered why I have never heard or read of an officer who has been shot by a real firearm camouflaged with an orange muzzle, an idea that would seem specially appealing to juvenile criminals.

waterdog
January 25, 2003, 03:24 PM
DUMBSH*T!

waterdog

MLH
January 25, 2003, 05:42 PM
I agree with Greg L.

MessedUpMike
January 25, 2003, 06:26 PM
Huck,
There was an urban legend floating around that LA gangs had been apinting guns orange in an attempt to throw people off, but as far as I can tell it's just a legend. I also tend to suspect that if LA cops are as fast on the trigger as a number of other police deptments in high crime areas it wouldn't do the bad guys anygood.

Standing Wolf
January 25, 2003, 08:59 PM
Quote: Richard Pineda, who lives on the corner where the shooting occurred, said he was inside his house at the time.
"I heard five shots, and I saw three officers running toward him, toward the body," Pineda said.

Not my kind of neighborhood.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Darwin recipient (not the dog story)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!