henry lever 22 groups?

PDA

chevyforlife21
March 5, 2011, 11:31 PM
what can you expect out of group sizes with one of these?

If you enjoyed reading about "henry lever 22 groups?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
March 5, 2011, 11:38 PM
I bought a couple of these for my kids. The model h001t frontier with the octagon barrel. Best group I have ever fired was 7/8" at 50 yards off of bags. Keigan has put a scope on his and can shoot very well with it. This is no where near as accurate as the Savage TR you asked about in your other post. Nice hunting rifle or plinker but not a true target gun IMHO.

chevyforlife21
March 5, 2011, 11:42 PM
thanks man how would you compare a model 60 to the henry for accuracy i already have both i havent gotten to shoot the henry yet though and im also looking at one of those other target rifles

jbkebert
March 5, 2011, 11:56 PM
I also have a marlin 60. I have had three over the years and all three proved to be finicky jam-o-matic peices of junk. I know there are alot of marlin 60 fans on this forum I am just not one of them. So my overwhelming vote goes to the henry. The marlins I have shot would take a full box of ammo mostly damaged beyond being fired to get 5 rounds down range to make a group.

husker
March 6, 2011, 12:08 AM
I would say the accuracy of the Marlin 60 & the lil youth Henry my lil girl has,are about the same. I sneak her Henry out at night when she is in bed & hunt frogs with it.
The Henry will shoot shorts & longs. I have had no probs feeding it shorts while out frog hunting. 62 grain agula run threw it fine, but key hole after 15 to 20 yards

If you enjoyed reading about "henry lever 22 groups?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!