Stag 3L question

PDA

SonofGilnockie89
March 6, 2011, 07:02 PM
I have nearly put back enough money for my first AR and am quite taken by the Stag 3L due to my dominant left eye. My only concern is regarding the magazines. I have searched and searched and can't find whether or not a "standard" AR mag will work with the lefty model. That will make or break the deal for me. Please advise.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag 3L question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
41magsnub
March 6, 2011, 07:14 PM
It takes standard magazines. No difference in magazines between RH and LH versions.

SonofGilnockie89
March 6, 2011, 07:58 PM
Many thanks. That gives me one less reason to keep that money ;)

MrCleanOK
March 6, 2011, 08:14 PM
The lefty who has owned and sold a Stag "L" upper, and who suggests you just get a standard AR-15 says:

It's a standard lower receiver, the only difference is the upper. It takes normal AR compatible magazines.

skipjack
March 6, 2011, 08:18 PM
Left handed weapons are very difficult to sell.

Red Cent
March 6, 2011, 09:58 PM
I am right handed with a dominant left eye. I shoot long guns left handed. I have the Stag M3 right hander and have no problems with the brass. The brass deflector will throw them safely. As mentioned in an earlier post, I was concerned with the ability to sell or trade the rifle.

NavyLCDR
March 6, 2011, 10:05 PM
I would definitely get a right-handed AR and a brass deflector.

I've had a Stag 3L for the ex-wife. I never thought the rifle shot very well at all. And retail value on a STAG 3L would be next to zero.

ColdChili
March 6, 2011, 11:34 PM
And retail value on a STAG 3L would be next to zero
I'd love to know where someone can get a 3L for next to zero, heck I'd even offer $3 for one.

If you going to spend a lot of money, why not get a gun that works for you? (left eye dominate, and stag 7L owner)

DPris
March 7, 2011, 02:54 AM
I worked with a Stag lefty 3 or 4 years ago, it ran fine. Plenty accurate.
Worked with a new Stag Model 3 last week, same.
I'll be starting negotiations to buy it.
Denis

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag 3L question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!