Dan Wesson 15VH Left Hand Holster

PDA

Aw4g63
March 6, 2011, 06:56 PM
I picked up a Dan Wesson 15VH recently and I'm looking for a plastic/kydex or similar holster for it. The thing is, I'm left handed. It seems like this might be a pipe dream but does anyone have any suggestions for similar sizes?

I searched and found some threads where people think it's similar to a SW K frame or a Python. Anyone know for sure?

I've brought it to the range twice in the past three weeks, I'm in love. Great gun.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/aw4g63/Arms/IMG00315-20110217-1732.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Dan Wesson 15VH Left Hand Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrGreenMachine
March 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
It will definitely fit a k-frame holster. I have a model 14 and use a safariland 568 holster. Also left handed.

Cfish
March 6, 2011, 08:13 PM
The Blade Tech Stingray holster for a K frame S&W will work great for you DW 15VH. I have a right handed version.

mainmech48
March 7, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm also a southpaw. Shortly after I bought my first Dan Wesson M15-2 (6" VH) nearly 40 years ago I sprang for a Safariland Model 58B holster. On their advice, I ordered the model sized for the Colt Python rather than for the K-frame S&W. At the time, there were no factory 6" K-frames with a full-lug barrel nor had the L-frame made its appearance. It fit perfectly and has given me exemplary service.

IME, some types of K-frame holsters seem to work nicely with any DW and some won't unless a "light" shroud is in place. Depends on the maker and the particular model of holster, I guess. I often use one of several old police "duty" holsters designed and marked for K-frame S&W's for field and range carry of a 4" DW M15-2. Most work fine when the non-FL shroud is on it, but several balk when a VH shroud is used. Don't think there'd be any problems at all with any L-frame marked holsters.

Aw4g63
March 7, 2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the advice!

If you enjoyed reading about "Dan Wesson 15VH Left Hand Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!