Howa barreled action.....Anyone go this route?

PDA

viking499
March 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
Anyone start with a Howa barreled action as a starter or for a build?

If you enjoyed reading about "Howa barreled action.....Anyone go this route?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
suzukisam
March 6, 2011, 07:48 PM
d9 firearms in kansas city is using them. I was talking to him this morning about putting a build together. I have no personal experience but he builds a lot of custom rifles and he seems to like them

jmr40
March 6, 2011, 08:19 PM
Sorta. I found a good deal on a used stainless Howa in 7mm mag. Took it to the range to verify that it was a shooter. I have ordered McMillan Edge stock for it that should be in any day now. I will either sell or trash the factory junk stock.

It was shooting near 1" groups at 200 yards with Remington 150 gr corelockts so I think it will be a keeper. I've got everything I need to reload for it, but have not started working up loads for it yet. Don't see the point in wasting ammo before it is in the stock it will stay in. I've all summer to get her ready.

viking499
March 6, 2011, 09:03 PM
I will either sell or trash the factory junk stock.

If you are going to "trash" it, sent it my way. My trash can will work just as good as yours.:rolleyes:

jimmyraythomason
March 6, 2011, 09:06 PM
I will either sell or trash the factory junk stock.That's interesting because my Howa 1500 came with an excellent Hogue Overmolded stock.

JDMorris
March 6, 2011, 09:09 PM
As did mine, and my Howa .308 shoots sub MOA all day when I do my part.

jmr40
March 7, 2011, 08:34 AM
Stainless rifle in a camo injection molded stock. It might be tolerable except it has a very wide foreend like used on benchrest rifles. With a skinny standard hunting contour barrel.

You can keep the Hogue, they weigh a ton and would increase the weight of my rifle. By the time I get the McMillan on mine it will weigh close to 2 lbs less than the same rifle in a Hogue stock.

jimmyraythomason
March 7, 2011, 08:39 AM
My Howa is somewhat heavy but in 30.06 with a 20'' medium weight barrel it balances perfectly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Howa barreled action.....Anyone go this route?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!