Couple of questions about my new XS-7

PDA

Slasher
March 6, 2011, 09:17 PM
I got a Marlin XS-7 in .308 a while back and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. My first question has to do with the mount on the rifle and getting rings for it. I purchased some Weaver Grand Slam high rings from Walmart a while back for something else but these seem to fit it just fine. Would these be OK to use or would I be better off getting something else?

I am also looking for your opinion. My brother in law gave me a Simmons Blazer 3-9x40 scope a while back and I have not heard great things about them. I plan on taking the rifle out next week to shoot it some and was wonder if I should get a better optic. I only plan on shooting paper for groups with the rifle but saw a refrub Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 at Natchez for like $99 and didn't know if I should just go ahead and replace the Simmons or if it would do what I needed it to.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Couple of questions about my new XS-7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MolleMan
March 6, 2011, 09:41 PM
well if you have rings and a scope then slap it on there and see how it does if it doesn't work then oh well you allready had it laying around.

If you enjoyed reading about "Couple of questions about my new XS-7" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!