High Quality Brake options for 24x1.5 threads- PWS, KVAR, etc

PDA

MannytheGreek
March 7, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hey All,

I have an SGL-21 with the standard brake (Ak-74 style) supplied by KVAR. I am not impressed.

Even though I take good care of my rifle, with cleanings every time after the range, I have experienced rust and pitting only on my brake ( I clean with both water and oil based solvents as I occasional shoot corrosive ammo). Thankfully I havent had any corrosion problems with my rifle.

In addition, I cannot tell a difference in recoil or muzzle rise whether the brake is on or off. Has anyone else also experienced this? I was thinking about after market options, but at this time the only brake PWS makes for 24x1.5 mm is the 150$ CQB model.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/...egory=6#details

Has anyone used this? Is it worth the investment? How does it compensate?

In short, would like to special order a high quality brake for 24x1.5 threads, without having to change the front sight block of the rifle, etc. Is there anyone anything coming down the pipeline for the many modified saiga users that want a better brake?

Does anyone on the site know of a gunsmith or company who can modify brake threads to these specs?

Thanks

MannytheGreek

If you enjoyed reading about "High Quality Brake options for 24x1.5 threads- PWS, KVAR, etc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "High Quality Brake options for 24x1.5 threads- PWS, KVAR, etc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!