Stag vs. CMMG

PDA

SkinnyGrey
March 7, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking of getting a gas piston AR. Which company is better between Stag and CMMG?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag vs. CMMG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOLY DIVER
March 7, 2011, 06:08 PM
both are good?

SpeedAKL
March 7, 2011, 06:45 PM
You can get a higher-quality DI gun like a Daniel Defense, BCM, or LMT for a similar price as those piston guns. DI doesn't generate the problems most people think it does - keep it lubed and the gun will run just fine. You'll also get the benefits of smoother recoil, lighter weight, better balance, and superior accuracy.

Al Thompson
March 7, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'd get the Ruger. Bigger company, more parts in stock. Which ever one you get, be aware that you are probably getting that companies proprietary design. That means you'll have to get spare parts from that company.

CJS06
March 7, 2011, 07:20 PM
Went through a similar decision recently and ended up ordering a Spikes Tactical. Not a piston gun but damn for the money you cant go wrong.

RockyMtnTactical
March 8, 2011, 12:48 AM
I would go with Stag. They do a good job.

mn madman
March 8, 2011, 12:54 AM
I own a Stag model 6 and love it. I have had some feed problems that disappear when it's properly cleaned but with gas piston operation those issues should'nt even be a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag vs. CMMG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!