ak gatling project

PDA

aklovinguy
March 7, 2011, 09:55 PM
Thinkin about making an ak based gatling gun . If you guys have any inpute I would love to hear it . Ideas for tri pods mounts and crank system would be great!

If you enjoyed reading about "ak gatling project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunnutery
March 7, 2011, 10:28 PM
Not sure how that would work, but more power to you. Post pics or drawings if you know what you'd like to do.

MrCleanOK
March 7, 2011, 10:28 PM
Are you asking about a crank fired AK? That's not the same thing as a gatling gun.

TechBrute
March 7, 2011, 11:15 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gatling+gun

Would the AK Gatling gun be for 1000 yard shots? School me! School me now! I bet it would shoot 1/4 MOA if you do your part. As far as mounts, you'll probably want to mount it to your hood to mow down zombies when you bug out to the mountains, just make sure you paint it in Multi-cam.

Justin
March 8, 2011, 12:51 AM
There was an outfit that made a crank-powered dual AK setup, but I have no idea if they're still in business or not. There are some videos of these things on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQiV4kEYWCs

Frankly, they look like something that's really only useful for turning money into noise.

NG VI
March 8, 2011, 01:26 AM
I am picturing a five-AK rotating setup, magazines outwards, the whole thing spins when you crank it. I am sure that would be the single most impractical way to achieve higher firepower out of a fixed mount that's ever been made.

aklovinguy
March 8, 2011, 12:07 PM
Im thinkin dual aks side by side .crank that fires about 4 rounds per rev. and a non reciprocating charging handle that chambers the first round for bowth guns. it will be similar to the one on you tube just home built. thanks for the ibute sofair ! keep it coming!

If you enjoyed reading about "ak gatling project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!