Wasr 10/63

PDA

mn madman
March 8, 2011, 02:03 AM
I own a WASR 10/63 and I know nothing about it. What do I order for stocks and grips? Do I simply buy AK parts for it or is there a better way?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasr 10/63" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Davek1977
March 8, 2011, 05:51 AM
AS long as the parts are for a stamped AK, rather than a milled one, "generic" Ak parts should be fine....

Quentin
March 8, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'd put a thousand rounds through the WASR before making changes. Make sure it functions properly and zeros. I got my 10/63 four years ago and just refinished the stocks and bought a better sling than the leather one that came with it. And of course more magazines and ammo. Great rifle for the money.

To not run afoul of 922r, it would be a good idea to buy US made replacement parts.

Hizzie
March 10, 2011, 10:47 AM
For the pistol grip I suggest either the AK Grip frfom Hogue or the "Molot Grip" from MD Arms. The WASR will take any AK stock that fits a standard rear trunion such as the poly stocks from KVar or the Romanian/Polish/East German wire side folding stocks on the surplus market. Vltor makes an AR type stock that bolsts right up.

Pistolman36
April 7, 2011, 03:33 AM
I have the Tapco folding stock on my WASR. Fits really snug. Personally I might go back to the KVAR stock set. Looks really cool in the Homefront video game.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasr 10/63" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!