Colt commander 9mm NIB

PDA

hugliberty
March 8, 2011, 06:13 AM
Hello, Many years ago I purchased a Colt Commander 9mm NIB. Still have it and I'm just trying to get some idea of it's possible value. Appreciate any info. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt commander 9mm NIB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
March 8, 2011, 07:57 PM
Blue? Nickel? Year? 70 series, 80 series? Still NIB?

hugliberty
March 10, 2011, 05:48 AM
The Colt commander 9mm is packed away (has been for years) soon I will dig it out, but until then: it's blue finish, purchased in 50's or 60's, is a 70 series, still in the orignal box with all papers, etc. (think the bill of sale is there also) have other guns packed away with it. Another one is a Walther PP, blue, made in Germany and in .22 cal. it's also NIB. To tell the truth I'm not sure what all is there, haven't checked for over 35 years or so.

Mp7
March 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
be sure to bring a camera, wehn u dig them out.

Jim Watson
March 10, 2011, 07:47 AM
Well, it sure isn't a 70 series if sold in the 1960s; except in the Limited Internet Sense of lacking a firing pin obstruction like a real series 80.
Box and papers are very desirable with an older NIB gun.
Don't give in to the temptation to "just try it out" if you mean to sell it. An honestly described NIB is worth a premium.

A Walther .22 PP is a desirable item, too.

Dr.Rob
March 11, 2011, 05:24 PM
Not saying the buyer will GET his price, but there is a Crown N proofed PP in 99% condition in .22 on GunsAmerica priced at over $3400! One with a LOT of finish wear sold off GunBroker for $525.

Simpson's is all over the place with prices from $600-1600 depending on condition and small details. (Makes me suspect the GunsAmerica one is overpriced.)

Dr.Rob
March 11, 2011, 05:30 PM
I was offered over $1500 for my 50's vintage Commander 10 years ago or more. There's 70's vintage NIB Combat Commander for sale on gunbroker, buy it price is $1790.

These are just numbers, but don't let someone offer you five hundred bucks for either.

hugliberty
March 20, 2011, 07:01 PM
Well, while looking for my Colt Combat Commander 9mm (which I haven't found yet) I did find a Baby Browning w/pouch. Made in Belgium sn# 431899 someone wrote on the sticker which is still on the pouch October 12th 68. Also with it is a box of Western X .25 cal ammo. with 48 rounds in the box. If I were to guess the two rounds missing is how many times this pistol has been fired since new. Box has a sticker on it, can't make out the date but was sold at Penneys for $4.55. This was found in some of my deceased sisters belongings. I don't know what it takes to post a picture but when I find out I will do so. later JD

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt commander 9mm NIB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!