Springfield 1903 Safety?

PDA

-C4-
March 8, 2011, 05:31 PM
So from my research anything below about 800,000 should NOT be fired due to safety concerns. My rifle is in the 950,000 range. I just wanted to make sure that the latest is still anything over 800,000 is safe... thanks.

-Eric

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield 1903 Safety?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
March 8, 2011, 05:54 PM
Should be fine if the bolt handle is angled rearward slightly.

Dionysusigma
March 8, 2011, 09:12 PM
Also toss in the company "National Ordnance." Had one for a while that over time stretched itself to dangerous proportions. It's the only rifle I've ever had "re-receivered." :uhoh: Swapped it out with a Remington and it does just fine nowadays.

Chainsaw2
March 8, 2011, 10:47 PM
Yep, stay away from those Fed Ord receivers. I have one and they're very dangerous. I don't shoot it either.
jim

hiawatha
March 9, 2011, 02:02 AM
Geez, I had a National Ordnance M-1. It was beautiful. New commercial barrel, nice striped wood, the works. But the *^%# thing would not cycle properly. Finally traded it for a 1903 Mark I, then acquired a Winchester M-1.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield 1903 Safety?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!