Cr-45lc

PDA

lizziedog1
March 9, 2011, 08:58 AM
That is the model number for this rifle.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/buffalo.asp

This might just be a dandy rifle to carry on my hikes. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun?

I was also thinking that it could be rechambered for the 454 Casull. Then you would have a real thumper and still be able to use Colt rounds for plinking and practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cr-45lc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SaxonPig
March 9, 2011, 09:45 AM
I would prefer a handy repeater, like a lever gun. I have a 16" Winchester Trapper in 44 Magnum that I like a lot.

If they don't make this is 454 then I would forget a conversion. The 454C operates at ridiculous chamber pressures and if they don't make it in that caliber then they don't think it would be safe.

CraigC
March 9, 2011, 01:17 PM
Good rifles and affordable. Most report excellent accuracy. I'm 99% certain that they are plenty strong enough for the .454 and the .460 would be just as easy. However, if you handload, you don't really need it. If you don't, save your rechambering money and buy a press.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cr-45lc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!