My new toy.

PDA

laguna0seca
March 11, 2011, 01:45 AM
Well I finally got around to buying a rifle. I wanted something that would be fun to shoot and decent on the range, that I could also take hunting. So I decided on a Remington 700 SPS in 30-06. And while I was at it I bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40 with the DOA 600 reticle.

I took it to the range today and unfortunately it was rather windy. But I was able to hold about 2" groups at 100yds using the bipods and Remington 165 grain Core-lokts. I will have to wait for a nicer day and use a rest to see what she'll do.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new toy." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
juk
March 11, 2011, 03:33 AM
Good rifle, good scope, and good caliber! That is a setup that should last you a very long time. I have a friend with a 700 in 06 that will normally do around 2" groups at 100 with 165 core-lokts. I handloaded a few for him using 165 Sierras and they do around 1" 5 shot groups now.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new toy." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!