Muzzle brake question

PDA

jcvfdlurch
March 11, 2011, 09:41 PM
I recieved a reply on one of my other threads from a fellow stating that you could not use brakes in rifle competitions. Does that apply to the 50 cal that I am having built. Can anyone tell me if that is true? If so how can you shoot a 50 without a brake? I am a big boy and shoot numerous other magnums without brakes but I am not insane. I may be wrong but I expect a 50 without a brake would be rather tough to handle.:eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brake question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOLY DIVER
March 11, 2011, 10:05 PM
i have no idea witch competitions they are legal/not legal. i think its safe to say a .50bmg bolt gun with no brake would be hard to Handel 2 say the least

Disparate
March 11, 2011, 10:09 PM
I love Handel.

His composition of "Messiah" is phenomenal!

Every comp I have participated in allows brakes. If you plan on competing in a certain competition, wouldn't contacting that particular organization and enquiring as to their rules re: brakes make more sense than posting on this site, particularly given the time and expense given in building a .50 BMG?

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brake question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!