20% ammo price increase??

PDA

K-Rod
March 12, 2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone hear about a 20% ammo price increase starting May 1st? I've heard it twice today. Once at a gunshow this morning & again just now at the LGS. The LSG said to stock up on ammo because of this increase but I kinda think it's just a "Buy more" stunt.

Something to do with metal prices going up, the flood in Japan & as the guy at the LGS said, "The jacka$$ in Arizona".

If you enjoyed reading about "20% ammo price increase??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cyclopsshooter
March 12, 2011, 07:17 PM
we got a flyer from the ammo manufacturers and their excuse was component costs

aroseli2
March 12, 2011, 07:18 PM
I heard 15% from my local FFL dealer a couple of weeks ago but he said it would be in "a couple of weeks." :(

Owen Sparks
March 12, 2011, 07:43 PM
The value of the dollar is going down because the Federal Reserve is printing more paper money. That is what is commonly call inflation. Metals like gold, silver, copper, brass and lead hold their value against inflation and appear to go "up" when in reality the buying power of the dollar is going down. That is why the price of gold is skyrocketing right now. The same thing happened in the recession of the late 1970's during the Carter years.

Toforo
March 12, 2011, 08:15 PM
HOLY COW it's vuja De !

or is that deja'vu again??

it's like wOwzaa, we had this somewhere that this was SURELY going to happen on March 1st ! !

:what:

Yup, prices go up - it's the nature of the supply and demand economy in which we live

:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "20% ammo price increase??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!