what do I have here?

PDA

jbisky
March 13, 2011, 07:22 PM
Got thrown in on a trade deal, not real sure make or model, it is a 6.5 cal, has a FAG 42, looks to be a crown of some type stamped mark on the butt stock. any Ideas? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "what do I have here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KodiakBeer
March 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
An Italian Carcano made in 1942 by Fabrica d'Armi Gardone

GCBurner
March 13, 2011, 10:11 PM
That's the neat little Carcano with the folding bayonet. Used to be nobody wanted them, because they were hell to try and sporterize into a hunting rifle, and the Italian wartime guns didn't have the best rep for quality or accuracy, particularly with the fixed sights. Now they're turning into collectible militaria. That one is known as the Cavalry Carbine, Moschetto da Cavalleria.

jbisky
March 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
thanks guys... kinda neat little rifle,its a little abused,but ill take her out and see how well she shoots or not shoots well.do you know of a web site to explain the take down and parts list for this?

GCBurner
March 14, 2011, 02:06 PM
thanks guys... kinda neat little rifle,its a little abused,but ill take her out and see how well she shoots or not shoots well.do you know of a web site to explain the take down and parts list for this?
Yep: http://www.surplusrifle.com/carcano9138/index.asp

BrocLuno
March 14, 2011, 03:13 PM
As long as the barrel has not been butchered, it should be fine. Since many of the Carcanos had gain rifling, they need the factory barrel as built to shoot well.

Hope it cleans up nicely. Very cool guns actually :)

If you enjoyed reading about "what do I have here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!