ITI M6x versus Surefire X200

PDA

artherd
January 7, 2004, 04:50 PM
Are either of these out? Any opinions?

I like the current M6, but don't like that it's *not* waterproof.

If you enjoyed reading about "ITI M6x versus Surefire X200" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clipse
January 7, 2004, 05:01 PM
Originally the x200 was supposed to be out in Nov. then it was Dec. then Jan. and now I can't find any info on it at all at Surefires website. I was really looking forward to it. I don't know anything about the ITI M6x though.

clipse

Stinkyshoe
January 7, 2004, 05:02 PM
I kinda like the M6 because of the laser sight. Does the Surefire have a laser sight? I guess it depends what you want it for. I think the surefire would be much tougher and last longer(I have one of their flashlights that I carry most of the time) I guess it depends which weapon you put it on. Pistol, Shotgun, Carbine?

45R
January 7, 2004, 08:45 PM
I'm still waiting for Surefires X200 to come out. I'm sure that its going to be worth the wait.

Or I can get crazy and just buy a M3 with the new "cookie" cutter bezel.

artherd
January 7, 2004, 10:12 PM
The X200 doesn't have a laser, it's main (and big) drawback in my opinion.

While the actual tactical use of a laser to most would be limited, I do consider it a valueable aiming and trigger technique-teaching tool, so I would like a laser as well.

I'm eagerly awaiting the M6x. Anyone have any release date on that?

artherd
January 9, 2004, 09:25 PM
Anyone know of the M6x's release date?

Badger Arms
January 9, 2004, 11:22 PM
Give me a month and I'll ask them.

c_yeager
January 10, 2004, 05:54 AM
Its a mute point for me. Surefire is generally out of my pricerange (for a flashlight) anyways. They may be the best in the buisiness but their pricepoint indicates that they are 2x-3x better than their competition. I havent found this to be the case with most items.

artherd
January 15, 2004, 03:10 AM
c_yeager, while I in general agree, I do have to say in this case that solid-state LED versus any incandescant with a filament that can break, really is 2-3x better.

I just wish it had a laser.

Still waiting on the M6x. I see the M3x is out now. Anyone have any dates or other info? Should I just suck it and get a cheap plain M6 for a while? (eeew, no waterproof!)

artherd
January 15, 2004, 08:28 PM
Bumpity Whumpity.

If you enjoyed reading about "ITI M6x versus Surefire X200" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!