Paterson reproduction

PDA

Texas Moon
March 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.americaremembers.com/products/TXPATTRE/TXPATTRE.asp

Looks nice.
Wonder who is making them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Paterson reproduction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Mabry
March 18, 2011, 08:37 PM
That's the first Patterson I ever saw that I'd consider buying.

Tommygunn
March 18, 2011, 08:44 PM
I know Uberti made the one I own and Pietta made them as well ... don't even know if they're being made today.

72coupe
March 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
I like them but $5995 is a lot out of my price range.

rdstrain49
March 18, 2011, 10:41 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think 6 grand is a P.T. Barnum price:)

VA27
March 18, 2011, 11:31 PM
It's not just you. The gun looks nice, but not that nice. Six grand will buy a lot of, well, just about anything! Powder, ball, gas, groceries, something to keep the little woman off your back for looking sooty and smelling like sulphur!

jtscuba02
March 19, 2011, 04:23 AM
I know it's late and I may be wrong, but at the bottom of the page it says it's for a 3rd Gen Walker.

junkman_01
March 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
I just went to the ad, and you are right. They say it's a working 3rd Generation Walker......:what:

....in .36 caliber no less! Maybe it IS worth what they are asking!

Maybe the decimal point is in the wrong place...$59.95 ?

madcratebuilder
March 19, 2011, 08:13 AM
These are made from 3rd Gen Colts (Colt Blackpowder Arms Co) Lou Imperato.

Smokin'Joe
March 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
These are made from 3rd Gen Colts (Colt Blackpowder Arms Co) Lou Imperato.

That may explain the 20 gun limit. These may be existing 3rd Gens that are upgraded to "Museum Quality".

Each revolver is numbered and registered within the limited edition of 20, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

junkman_01
March 19, 2011, 03:19 PM
None of that makes a Patterson into a Walker! :scrutiny:

Texas Moon
March 19, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah I saw that Walker remark also. No way can a walker be converted onto a Paterson.
The price is crazy too. No way for this guy.

I was more curious about who is doing the work.

jtscuba02
March 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
It seems I remember someone was making some special edition Walker replica. Maybe it is the same company and they just forgot to change everything on the order form. I might be wrong. Old age sucks! Hahahaha!!! I can think of a whole mess of guns that I could buy with that kind of money, though.

Hoof Hearted
March 19, 2011, 08:26 PM
This is Dennis Adler's project. Jay strite did the finish on the one shown and was involved early on in the project but Dennis chose to have Conrad Anderson do the engraving and make the powder flask (personally Jay's Powder Flask is much more authentic but also more money than Conrads).

There is a write up in Guns Of The Old West #69, Spring 2011 (the current one).

If you enjoyed reading about "Paterson reproduction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!