Heads up on price increases from MBC

PDA

MissouriBullet
March 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
The alloy market is squeezing us so badly that we have to do it. It's nuts. Our last two truckloads (and the next) are between 20% and 32% higher than in the previous year. We just can't absorb the hit any more.

Look for a bump of 10% or so beginning Sunday afternoon. This will still leave us very competitive on pricing, according to my research.

Anyhow, I bring this up because you guys have been so wonderful to us that the least we can do is give you a bit of warning so that if you wanted to make a pre-hike purchase, you have the chance.

Thanks from Brad and the crew at MBC.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heads up on price increases from MBC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J_McLeod
March 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
Now that's a great company. If I ever buy cast bullets, it'll be from you.

capreppy
March 18, 2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am in need, but the funds aren't there. Even with a 10% increase, you are indeed still competitive and you'll continue to get my business.

My XDm .45ACP just loves the IDP #1.

Seedtick
March 18, 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Brad.

Hey what's up with the webcam? It's been a pretty good while since I've tried it but I ain't been able to get it to work at all in the past few days.

I wanted to watch and see how ya'll were going to get all of that last order into 1 box. :D I knew if it could be done Jo Ann would figure it out. :cool:

Seedtick

:)

bds
March 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
Once again, thanks!

I'll spread the word with reloaders I shoot with. I am actually fairly well stocked up on various jacketed/plated/lead bullets but there are some bullets I want to try out, like your 40S&W 140 gr TCFP and 155 gr SWC.

Of course, I could always use more 45ACP 200 gr SWC ... where's that tax refund check! :D

Jesse Heywood
March 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
My supply is running low... Thanks

Hondo 60
March 19, 2011, 12:24 AM
Glad I just ordered another 2,000 last week.

Brad, did you see the range report I posted?
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=576948

Outstanding accuracy with CB 4 :D

joneb
March 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
I had to take a pay cut, and the cost of living and taxes keeps going up. I should have been a teacher or a government employee, why can't they take a hit with the rest of us ?

Brad, I understand your situation, it just puts your products farther out of my reach :(

MissouriBullet
March 19, 2011, 07:16 AM
I had to take a pay cut, and the cost of living and taxes keeps going up. I should have been a teacher or a government employee, why can't they take a hit with the rest of us ?

Brad, I understand your situation, it just puts your products farther out of my reach :(
jibjab, I know what's it's like. When I lost my job in the 90's things got pretty bad for me. At one point I had to hock some prize guns to pay for propane and electricity. But I used that six-month period of unemployment to self-study and train and ultimately test for the Microsoft MCSE certification. Jo Ann (we weren't married yet) helped me financially late during that period to get me over the last of the six exams required. I acquired the MCSE in December of '98 and a month later was making $50k as a Systems Engineer at a municipal utility. The pay grew steadily commensurate with my increasing knowledge and skill and I branched out into Unix systems administration. By the time I quit my job in 2008 to do the bullet business full-time, I was making double my starting pay and only working there 3 days a week. Now Jo Ann and I own and operate a fairly successful business (and I mean "own", right down to the last spare Bimba air cylinder) and life is good. In fact, it really couldn't be much better.

If I hadn't been fired, who knows..?

What I am saying is that life is full of opportunity. This is America and it is a land where every person has the potential to turn adversity into opportunity.

Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!

Brad

viking499
March 19, 2011, 07:33 AM
I should have been a teacher or a government employee, why can't they take a hit with the rest of us

I also took a paycut, health ins went up and they told me the other day I might have to be let go. And I am a teacher. Guess I am like the rest of you.............

Funny how some people always think/assume others have it made.........

Thanks for the heads up Brad. Have not needed to place an order for a while, but looks like I need to this weekend.

dickttx
March 19, 2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks, you motivated me to test some 200gr RNFP in my Blackhawk 45 Colt this morning. Didn't like them as much as the 250gr. Really like them in my 45 ACP.
Just placed an order for 1500 of each, and took advantage of the THR discount.

fields
March 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yep, in the first budget proposals in Texas, 33% of the teachers would have to be laid off.

TooManyToys
March 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
What code do we enter for the MB site discount?

tooltech
March 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks Brad.
I ordered 2k of the Bullseye #1. This will be my first time using them. I usually get the IDP #1, but have switched to Accurate #2, and a lighter charge, so I think the softer bullet will be a good choice.

mbopp
March 19, 2011, 06:31 PM
Just ordered 2K.

Old krow
March 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the warning Brad. I just ordered some, now that I know about the military discount I'll have to order some more.

MissouriBullet
March 20, 2011, 10:02 AM
What code do we enter for the MB site discount?
A search for "MBC Discount Code" will get you there.

Bush Pilot
March 20, 2011, 11:12 AM
I placed an order last night and COULD NOT get the discount to work.

Maj Dad
March 20, 2011, 02:12 PM
...eventually. I am having surgery week after next to replace one of the knees I pounded into oblivion in the military. I will have to go on medical leave of absence, and my disability insurance will make up about 40% of what I will lose in earnings. If it weren't for my military retirement I'd be totally hosed. I guess it's kind of ironic, or something like that. I will have to have the other one done in a year or so, then back surgery, then... it goes on & on...:banghead:

But today no one shot at me, no one tried to kill me with an IED, and for the time being I can still speak my mind, own firearms and reload ammo with Brad's bullets. All in all, life is still good :)

MissouriBullet
March 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
I placed an order last night and COULD NOT get the discount to work.
It works great. Many orders took advantage of it last night and more today.

It must be entered correctly or it will not work, naturally.

ConcernedCitizen
March 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
Just placed an order.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brad! Another fine example of excellent customer service!

FirinFlatTop
March 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
my second full box in a week.

Thanks Brad.

RC

TexasRifleman
March 20, 2011, 08:35 PM
Just got my order from you a couple of weeks ago, glad I restocked when I did.

I guess all component prices will rise, gonna be a painful summer.

Bush Pilot
March 20, 2011, 09:08 PM
It works great. Many orders took advantage of it last night and more today.

It must be entered correctly or it will not work, naturally.
It must be a state secret. I guess I can operate muli-million dollar aircraft but can't figure out a damn code.

ljnowell
March 20, 2011, 09:10 PM
Its simple, you just have to enter the code exactly as it appears. I think the last time I just cut and pasted it.

Bush Pilot
March 20, 2011, 09:12 PM
Its simple, you just have to enter the code exactly as it appears. I think the last time I just cut and pasted it.
Maybe I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Jesse Heywood
March 20, 2011, 10:11 PM

That never helped me! Not even when I applied for a job as a neurosurgeon.

bds
March 20, 2011, 10:55 PM
Powder Valley (http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/) stocks Missouri Bullets and you can get stocked up on their current pricing too (I don't know how they can sell for less than Brad).

Ordering from Powder Valley may help out Brad/Jo Ann from processing many small orders too. ;)

ljnowell
March 20, 2011, 11:08 PM

I like it!! You about made me spray water on my monitor.

Iron Sight
March 21, 2011, 07:04 AM
Cutting and pasting the code sometimes doesn't work? Try typing it in.

FirinFlatTop
March 21, 2011, 01:26 PM
It is always in the "apply code" slot for me,, I just click on it again and it applies itself.

RC

Quoheleth
March 21, 2011, 01:38 PM
I believe once you set up an account and use the THR discount, it remembers you the next time you sign in.

Think of it this way: even MBC's computer server makes service personalized!

Q

djboo4you
March 21, 2011, 11:09 PM
I believe once you set up an account and use the THR discount, it remembers you the next time you sign in.

Think of it this way: even MBC's computer server makes service personalized!

This is true...and I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

45taurus
March 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the prices and i havn't seen anything go up?!? Have you raised the prices yet?

MissouriBullet
March 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the prices and i havn't seen anything go up?!? Have you raised the prices yet?
No we haven't, too swamped to take the 2-3 hours required to adjust every price. High hopes for getting it done this weekend, as after shipping a half-million bullets this week, we are fairly caught up on things once again and I shouldn't have to spend the weekend playing catch-up as I did last week.

Brad

mbopp
March 25, 2011, 05:53 PM
That'll learn 'ya to tell us when you're increasing the price :-)

MissouriBullet
March 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
Well, mainly we just got hit with a slew of store and distributor orders that just nailed us to the wall.

But the THR response has been great, I must say, and I was glad to offer the heads-up to y'all!

Bush Pilot
March 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
Well, mainly we just got hit with a slew of store and distributor orders that just nailed us to the wall.

But the THR response has been great, I must say, and I was glad to offer the heads-up to y'all!
So, you're saying that by keeping you slammed filling orders you didn't have time to raise prices. Let's keep ordering.

MissouriBullet
March 26, 2011, 07:27 AM
So, you're saying that by keeping you slammed filling orders you didn't have time to raise prices. Let's keep ordering.
Haha! That's funny, Bush Pilot!

FirinFlatTop
March 26, 2011, 08:29 AM
Had to add a brace under my bench....

RC

mbopp
March 26, 2011, 08:32 AM
Yeah, my wife said the mailman backed into my driveway for the delivery.

bds
March 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
+1 Just placed my order. :D

My mail lady is going to be mad at me ... I am expecting about four heavy USPS boxes. We even had to give her a puppy to make peace ... :uhoh:

Thanks again Brad for the heads up and no need for rush on my order - I am already well stocked with components.

MissouriBullet
March 26, 2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks again Brad for the heads up and no need for rush on my order - I am already well stocked with components.

Everything but the IDP #9's shipped today. Those little guys will go on Monday.

bds
March 26, 2011, 06:39 PM
Everything but the IDP #9\'s shipped today. Those little guys will go on Monday.

I just ordered 3 more boxes of IDP #1 to keep that lonely box of IDP #9 company.

Now they can have a party on their way to California! :D

blarby
March 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hopefully they will party with my whitetail 165's en rout to cali.... I'll make sure they have tequila for the ride :) Just don't tell the postmaster.

Brad: Please toss some salt packets in those boxes :D

Jesse Heywood
March 26, 2011, 09:37 PM
Got my order Thursday. Saw the mail truck pull up, so I met him at the street. He lifted the box out of the truck and said bucking hay was easier. I told him it had been a long time since either one of us bucked hay. He got a laugh out of that.

armoredman
March 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Wish I could, still trying to just get metal! Best of luck.
I should have been a teacher or a government employee, why can't they take a hit with the rest of us ?
Been a government employee for over 9 years, haven't had a pay raise in 4 years, been on a promotion list for 4 years, lists frozen due to economy, and everything keeps going up in price. Lost my house, now living in a cheap rental in Skid Row, AZ. That a big enough hit for ya, pal?

bds
March 28, 2011, 09:06 PM
I placed my order on Saturday morning and Brad posted that they shipped Saturday. When I came home today (Monday) after work, wife had a grin and said there were 4 USPS boxes that got delivered.

Yup, Missouri Bullets. I mean, I was expecting like Tuesday/Wednesday for delivery but Monday? That's 2 working days for US postal service all the way to California!

Amazing.

Now, where's that UPS truck for my Midway order? In comparison, their 6-8 day UPS ground shipping now seems like forever. :D

blarby
March 28, 2011, 09:48 PM
@jesse : *jealous*

I still don't have word of the fate of my whitetails. Maybe too much tequila :D

Hard enough to get four guys with tequila in them into a car....can't imagine 500 round slippery bullets into a box.

ole' !

MissouriBullet
March 29, 2011, 10:42 AM
@jesse : *jealous*

I still don't have word of the fate of my whitetails. Maybe too much tequila :D

Hard enough to get four guys with tequila in them into a car....can't imagine 500 round slippery bullets into a box.

ole' !
The .311 #1 Whitetails are going today as I just now finished sizing them. Getting time to do the special setup on them (bullet is over an inch long, requiring building up the transfer bar assembly) was tough and I apologize for the delay. We only have 7 lubrisizers and every production slot has been filled lately.

Anyhow, I am hoping that you will receive them on Thursday. I ran enough to have some on the shelf against future orders, which is the good news.

Thank you.

Brad

blarby
March 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
I appreciate your extra effort !

I was assuming it was the sizing that was at issue, and eagerly anticipate your shipment!

Thank you tons for the hard work !

blarby
March 31, 2011, 05:34 PM
Bullets arrived today.

Now, for the sorting !

Funshooter45
March 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
Cool. I ordered yesterday and assumed I had waited too long to beat the rise in prices. I was glad to see that as of yesterday the prices had not increased yet.

blarby
March 31, 2011, 06:26 PM
Box one count : 252 - Thank You :)

Only had 15 missing any lube in the rings at all, and I blame the USPS- as the lube was in the box...rolled it back in, no problem.

bds
March 31, 2011, 06:54 PM
blarby, I think USPS sure try to bust the boxes open - my 10,500 bullets arrived with outer USPS boxes all busted up with corners crushed. Thankfully inner MBC boxes and plastic bags held up well.

Cool. I ordered yesterday and assumed I had waited too long to beat the rise in prices. I was glad to see that as of yesterday the prices had not increased yet.
I think if we keep nailing Brad to the wall with orders, he won't have time to change the prices on the website. :D

blarby
March 31, 2011, 07:34 PM
box 2 : 252 again, thank you :)

19 de lubed, but there was a ton of lube in the box...so again, rolling em out no problem.

Now, on to weighing :)

Seedtick
March 31, 2011, 11:53 PM
I think if we keep nailing Brad to the wall with orders, he won't have time to change the prices on the website. :)

He's killing me. I've already emptied the change jar and tore the couch apart looking for enough $$ for 1 more box.

I know for a fact there are some postal employees that are more than ready for a substantial price increase on his bullets. :evil:

Thanks Brad and Jo Ann.

Seedtick

:)

Funshooter45
April 1, 2011, 12:45 AM
Yep. I haven't mentioned my recent order to my secretary yet. Maybe I won't. She picks up the mail every morning at the post office. I'll know my order is in when she comes into the office next week with a black look in her eyes, her back hunched over, and looking like she's ready to stab me. Those flat rate boxes look so unassuming. Who knows they weigh 60 lbs or so? Until they pick it up.

45taurus
April 2, 2011, 06:00 PM
damn prices went up in the few hours it took for me to head into town and load some $$ onto my card to get some ordered. I was hoping to beat the price increase, didnt' make it though. o well, i can wait a few weeks now, since the price has already went up, until i really have the money i need to order everything i "need". Good news is, they've only went up $2.50-$3.00 per 500.

MissouriBullet
April 2, 2011, 09:09 PM
damn prices went up in the few hours it took for me to head into town and load some $$ onto my card to get some ordered. I was hoping to beat the price increase, didnt' make it though. o well, i can wait a few weeks now, since the price has already went up, until i really have the money i need to order everything i "need". Good news is, they've only went up $2.50-$3.00 per 500.
Only the bigger ones. The littler ones went up less than than.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heads up on price increases from MBC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!