finally got citizenship after 11 years

PDA

gun addict
March 19, 2011, 09:41 PM
What gun should i buy as celebration? Preferbally something all American

If you enjoyed reading about "finally got citizenship after 11 years" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jcwit
March 19, 2011, 09:44 PM
Congratulations, Wish you and yours the absolute best.

jcwit

nalioth
March 19, 2011, 09:47 PM
Congratulations :)

wishn4more
March 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
Congratulations! I would have to say that I am very proud of you. How's about an AR?

wrs840
March 19, 2011, 09:51 PM
Congratulations! I know from a Laotian-born friend (who is now a US citizen) that the legal path to citizenship can be long and expensive. Hopefully your service to our country (Thank You!) streamlined that a bit!

What to Buy? A Marlin 336 Levergun and a S&W revolver, of course! ;)

Kudos,
Les

galena
March 19, 2011, 09:51 PM
Congratulations, Marine, and thank you for your service. You can never go wrong with a Smith and Wesson revolver. Keep shootin'

fallout mike
March 19, 2011, 09:53 PM
Congrats. A friend of mine recently went through the same process after a number of years.

armoredman
March 19, 2011, 10:00 PM
CONGRATS! Welcome, sir, welcome indeed and thank you for your service!

What gun? My friend, in THIS case, it can be only one, and that would be an All-American 1911A1, preferably a Colt, the 1911-2011 commemorative version might be perfect. That was the fighting Leathernecks' pistol for many, many years, and would top it off just right, IMHO.
Once again, congrats, sir, and welcome.

Unistat
March 19, 2011, 10:03 PM
My friend, in THIS case, it can be only one, and that would be an All-American 1911A1, preferably a Colt, the 1911-2011 commemorative version might be perfect.

Do this, and congratulations.

Citizen is one of the proudest titles one can have, even more so if one has earned as you have.

gun addict
March 19, 2011, 10:04 PM
hmm, the 1911 is out of question, my last purchase was an S&W 1911, it is ALL AMERICAN.......

thinking about Remington 700 right now, they're track for accuracy and reliability cant be beat, or a Savage 12.

Definately took a long time to get the citizenship and much frustration was involved in it. When i finally turned in my green card (permanant residency) i was so relieved lol

Malamute
March 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
Congratulations! Well done sir!

The Remington would be a great rifle.

Great picture.

Uteridge
March 19, 2011, 10:24 PM
LCpl, congratulations and welcome. Definitely an occasion to remember so you should get something special. The 700 is a great rifle, I have a SPS with 20 inch barrel in .308 that will drive tacks, but I would go with an M1 Garand or a .30 Carbine for the all-American commemorative appeal. As a Marine you can buy rifles from the CMP program. You should take a couple of days of leave and travel to either Camp Perry or Anniston, Alabama and pick one out in person. Not only would it be a timeless all-American gun that was probably used in Korea and/or WWII but it will be a trip to remember.

clem
March 19, 2011, 10:26 PM
Congratulations!

Semper Fi!

ljnowell
March 19, 2011, 10:29 PM
Congratulations my friend! I am proud to call you a fellow countryman!

Uteridge
March 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
Oh, and thank you for becoming a citizen. I have known too many Marines who were Staff Sergeants and Gunnery Sergeants that were still not U.S. Citizens because they just didn't care enough to go through the hassle of all the paperwork. If you protect the freedom that we have you owe it to yourself to ensure that you and your family will enjoy it forever.

Semper Fi

Ed N.
March 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

What gun? If you're getting it to commemorate the occasion, what could be better than a handsome flintlock, similar to the weapons that won our nation's freedom in the first place?

ms6852
March 19, 2011, 10:35 PM
Congratulations and thank you for your service. There is nothing more american than a colt 45 revolver or a good old 1911 45.

Kendal Black
March 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
What kind of gun should you buy? Whatever the heck kind you want; that's the American way. Best congratulations and welcome aboard.

As a suggestion, is there any gun that particularly speaks to you about America and what you like about it? A Colonial musket, a Kentucky rifle, a Peacemaker? Perhaps something from Civil War era, or on into the later struggles, against fascism or communism?

An antique original may be too expensive at the present moment, but truth to tell, many of the reproductions are better guns than the real antiques. John Browning, for example, never heard of a CNC station and would have thought you were talking science fiction if you could have told him about it.

bigfatdave
March 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
Congratulations are in order, I'm sure you'll appreciate your citizenship more than most of the population who take it for granted.

I'll second the recommendation for a CMP rifle, pick up some surplus ammo on en-block clips while you're at it if you pick up a Garand. (sadly, I think the CMP is out of M1 Carbines, which is a shame)

Of course, there is something American about the Lever-Gun, and Henry is superbly stubborn about being 100% made in the USA out of US components. If travel is not an option and you don't want to roll the dice on CMP mail-order then Henry guns are everywhere, and the Henry rimfires are some of the most fun per dollar to be had on the shooting range.

clance
March 19, 2011, 11:02 PM
First, thank you for your service and protecting the freedoms that the rest of us enjoy.

Second, congratulations on receiving your citizenship papers, you've earned it!

Finally, if you're looking at buying a modern firearm that is identified as pure American.
Pistol: A 70 series (or older) Colt 1911-A1.
Revolver: Colt Single Action Army.
Rifle:
Semi - AR-15 or Springfield M1-A1.
Lever - Winchester 92 or 94.
Bolt - Springfield 1903 or Winchester Mod 70 (pre-64).

Anywhere you travel in the world, these weapons are instanstly recongized as 100% American.

finz50
March 19, 2011, 11:13 PM
Way to go about it the right way....thanks for your service and welcome! Congrats!

cougfan
March 19, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hey congratulations. You have good taste getting that S&W 1911 too, I have one and it is by far one of my favorite guns. The Rem. 700 sounds like a fine idea, maybe get some red, white and blue cerakote pattern on it and hang it on the wall proudly when your not out enjoying it.

Nushif
March 19, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'd agree with the people saying a lever action. Nothing scream americana like a lever action.

Ignition Override
March 19, 2011, 11:31 PM
Well-done! And to have also volunteered to preserve and defend your country,
I salute you and all others with such patriotism.

Smokin Gator
March 19, 2011, 11:41 PM
Your post and the photo of your family really made my day. So many people bad mouth the USA, yet there are a lot of people that risk life and limb to get here. Seeing you and your proud family, it doesn't get any better. Any firearm that you have the freedom to buy would honor your citizenship. I do like cowboy guns, Smith and wesson revolvers and 1911's, but whatever you get will be great. Thank you for your service to our country. Mark

yeti
March 19, 2011, 11:44 PM
Congratulations!

Colt Single Action Army, as American as apple strudel... umm... I mean apple pie!

Good work, Leatherneck!

gathert
March 19, 2011, 11:52 PM
Congrats. Now go out and get yourself a nice 1911 and destroy some targets!!!

pmec
March 19, 2011, 11:54 PM
Congratulations on becoming a citizen of the USA. Most of us, here in the US, believe a man is based on his worth as a human being and not on his color or heritage. On what little I know about you, I think that you will be an asset to this country.

On to guns..... as an earlier poster wrote, a Marlin 336 is an American standard that is affordable. With Hornady's Leverevolution ammo, it makes it a good all around rifle. For an American made pistol in a reasonable price range, I'd have to go with Ruger.

Best of luck to you, citizen!

hermannr
March 19, 2011, 11:56 PM
Congratulations gun addict: I received my citizenship when I came back from Vietnam. (1970 I was in Vietnam in 68 and 69) The Army facilitated and paid 100% of the cost. I hope the Marines did the same for you.

I was teaching a US citizen only class for senior company grade officers. My Major asked if I liked my job, I said yes, Major says, here is your paperwork, do it or I will have to relieve you of your duties. Yes Sir! Never looked back.

Weapon? Remington 700BDL in .264 is what I have. Love it. excellent choice. (It was my understanding when I purchased it, that it was the Marine sniper rife at that time,,,even if I was Army super rifle.)

nwilliams
March 20, 2011, 12:40 AM
That's awesome congratulations!

You should buy a Colt 1911!;)

Dr.Rob
March 20, 2011, 01:14 AM
Congrats! Buy a Colt!

wrs840
March 20, 2011, 01:31 AM
And a lever!

Top to bottom:
1976 Marlin 336 30-30.
1971 Marlin 1894 .44 mag.
1967 Winchester 94 30-30, engraved receiver.
1986 Winchester 94 30-30, 16"bbl.
1978 Marlin 336 30-30, my tractor and pasture truck rifle.

Sorry. I had to post the pic, as a motivational pitch to the newest US Citizen on THR!

Cap'n Jack Burntbeard
March 20, 2011, 01:40 AM
I have to agree with those who recommend the M1 garand, but the 1911 is just as american.

LHRGunslinger
March 20, 2011, 01:40 AM
Ain't nothin more American than a SAA.

prism
March 20, 2011, 02:19 AM
Congrats !

get yourself a nice 50 year old winchester .30-30

ofitg
March 20, 2011, 02:22 AM
Gun addict, welcome aboard the "melting pot". Some of our finest citizens are Americans by choice, while some of our worst citizens are Americans by birth.

I am reluctanct to recommend a gun, since I don't know what interests you. Since nobody else mentioned it, how about a 1903 Springfield? Lots of history there, and in the hands of a Marine, plenty accurate/powerful enough for anything that walks around in the USA.

jhngardner367
March 20, 2011, 03:03 AM
As for the gun...hey,this is America,and you're American,BUY WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!That's what's good about it...no-one can tell you what you should,or shouldn't buy.Judging from that uniform,you're earning that right!SEMPER FI!!

mljdeckard
March 20, 2011, 05:14 AM
You earned it the legit hard way.

All good suggestions, look at a good tactical shotgun maybe?

Spec ops Grunt
March 20, 2011, 05:21 AM
Single Action Army?

Your an American imperialist Cowboy now! :neener:

jonc
March 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
good work sir... i think u should get an ar-15

gun addict
March 20, 2011, 05:31 AM
Meh! got enough AR15s already! Not that big fan of the M16 series weapons for various reasons

DukeNukem
March 20, 2011, 06:02 AM
Got enough .22's? You could get a Marlin 39A. It's been in continuous production the longest of any American rifle. And a levergun is about as distinctively American as a gun can be. http://www.chuckhawks.com/marlin_golden_39A.htm

Congratulations, btw!

Carl N. Brown
March 20, 2011, 06:05 AM
Lever action!

clutch
March 20, 2011, 06:31 AM
A nice .22 juniors rifle so you can take your son out shooting.

US Citizen and a Marine, it doesn't get any better than that.

Clutch

Semper Fidelis

Ohio Gun Guy
March 20, 2011, 08:25 AM
Congratulations!

Depending on budget:
1. AR = 800 - 1,000 (You know how one works already!)
2. A 1911 - 500-800 (A classic)
3. A H001 (Henry) .22 lever Action - 300 (Just plain FUN!)

Mr. Bojangles
March 20, 2011, 08:50 AM
Congratulations!

Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be a fine choice!

blazer525
March 20, 2011, 09:11 AM
Congrads and thanks for your service.

The Bushmaster
March 20, 2011, 09:42 AM
Congrats to you and your family and thanks for your service. As an American you get to pick and choose what ever you fancy. Have fun.

KevininPa
March 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
Congrats, Welcome and Thank You for your service!

FROGO207
March 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
Congratulations!! I think some of the citizens here by birth in this country would appreciate what they have a lot more if they had to go through the process you just completed. WOW You make me proud to say that I also am an American.
As mentioned a few times before me there is nothing more American than a 45 Colt and would recommend that if your budget will allow. Whatever you do choose, it will be that much sweeter knowing that you are doing it as a US citizen.

Ala Dan
March 20, 2011, 11:39 AM
A job well done, sir~! May I add my congratulations too you and yours;
along with a special THANKS for your service to our great country~! ;) :)

au01st
March 20, 2011, 11:44 AM
Congratulations and thank you for your service!

GMAN26
March 20, 2011, 11:51 AM
Congratulations on your citizenship Marine! From one old vet to a younger one.....thank you for your dedicated service. Thats a proud day so frame that picture and hang it high!!!!

As to the new firearm.....I do love my plinking 39A and all lever actions.....but why not go for the original American Crime Fighters Weapon. The Model 29 in .44 mag.....Dirty Harry style of course! (since you have the AR and a 1911 covered) That will give you a handful of fun!

medalguy
March 20, 2011, 12:30 PM
Colt M1911A1 hands down. That's a nice looking uniform, thanks for your service to our country.

blackfoot5
March 20, 2011, 06:15 PM
Congratulations and Thank You for your service, you're a credit to the corp and the USA. I like 1911's and Ruger GP100's - gene (an old 1st Cav Vet

C96
March 20, 2011, 06:39 PM
Congratulations. All of the best to you and your family.

You may wish to consider a nice .22 rimfire such as a S&W Model 41.

Again, all of the best to you and yours.

Allan

Onward Allusion
March 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
Congratulations!!!

BikerRN
March 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
First, Congratulations and Welcome Brother. Second, Thank you.

I don't know where your interest in firearms lie, so it's hard to make a recommendation. I do know there are many fine firearms that help to personify America, but for me it would be a Used 1911 stamped, "US Property" or a 1917 Revolver so stamped.

The Remington 700 would be another option as well, as well as the Winchester Lever Action in 30-30. The Colt Single Action Army along with the Winchester personify the American West, while an M1 Garand speaks to our finest hour in world politics in my opinion.

Good luck in making your decision and thank you again, for your citizenship and your service.

BikerRN

henschman
March 20, 2011, 08:25 PM
My vote would be for an M-14 or an M-1.

jbr
March 20, 2011, 08:37 PM
Thank you for your service! Congratulations on your accomplishment! Thank you for doing it the right and legal way! Welcome to the best place in the world to live! You helped make it that way! Just a suggestion - find yourself a nice Remington 1100 20 guage - old one in good shape will do - then pass it down to your son or daughter when they are old enough and tell them your story!

skoro
March 20, 2011, 09:39 PM
What gun should i buy as celebration? Preferbally something all American

Congratulations, LCpl!

There's nothing more American than a Colt 1911. Matter of fact, it's what we carried in the "Old Corps."

Semper Fi

gbran
March 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
Wlecome to the club. Glad to have you.

CapnMac
March 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
Uteridge beat me to it--an M-1 Garand would be ideal. Near iconic, really, for a Marine, too. Which suggests my second choice for you, a 1903 Springfield.

Now, you can own one of those in almost any way you'd care to; from strict MilSurp to fully sporterized; and that latter in about any caliber the same length as a .30-06

Congrats and Semper Fi!

Shoot66
March 21, 2011, 12:29 AM
Congratulations! Best wishes!

bruzer
March 21, 2011, 12:34 AM
Congratulations, THANK YOU and Semper Fi Devil Dog!!!
Lots of good suggestions and I would say a .22. Everybody needs a good old .22 My Grandaddy taught me to shoot with a Winchester Model 61 slide action .22. The .22 never saved the world but it can build a bond with the ones you love.
Mike

forindooruseonly
March 21, 2011, 01:38 AM
Congratulations, and my sincerest thank you for becoming a citizen!

I can't recommend anything other than what has already been mentioned, but would lean toward something like a vintage Smith and Wesson or Colt.

doc2rn
March 21, 2011, 01:55 AM
Congrats brother and Semper Fi!

I would recommend the Ruger 77/22 MK II in all weather coating. Great rifles that will last a lifetime. My daughter has already placed dibs on mine when she turns 16. There really are alot of great rifles out there.

Tim the student
March 21, 2011, 01:51 PM
Awesome stuff.

I think you should get whatever you want the most. Whatever you choose, you will remember it, and it will become an heirloom.

But, I think I would vote for a Garand.

Thank you for your service.

blarby
March 21, 2011, 01:56 PM
Congratulations, and thank you greatly for your service.

With that said, marlin 336 is the way to go- splurge for a good stock refit and some good parkerizing :)

vedearduff
March 21, 2011, 02:13 PM
First; thank you Sir for your service, and congratulations on the Citizenship.

I have two recommendations for your "Citizenship Gun".

If you have any interest at all in muzzleloaders, you would be well served by choosing a custom flintlock American Longrifle (AKA a Kentucky or Pennsylvania Rifle). This rifle was part of the founding of America.

If you prefer something more modern, an M1 Garand or an M1A would be my recommendation.

Again, thank you for your service.

Vernon

RimfireChris
March 21, 2011, 02:15 PM
Congratulations and well done Marine! :D Do you have a .22lr yet? If not, I'd pretty much reccomend anything that says "Marlin" on the box. A 1903 springfield would be cool also, since IIRC the Marines were the last branch of service to issue it as their main rifle.

quatin
March 21, 2011, 02:38 PM
hmm, the 1911 is out of question, my last purchase was an S&W 1911, it is ALL AMERICAN.......

thinking about Remington 700 right now, they're track for accuracy and reliability cant be beat, or a Savage 12.

Definately took a long time to get the citizenship and much frustration was involved in it. When i finally turned in my green card (permanant residency) i was so relieved lol

I agree, the "formal" naturalization process in the US is trash. They treat you like a criminal for 10+ years and the interviews are more like interrogations.

I would go with the Garand/Springfield with that respect. It's a symbol of a time when we fought to protect freedom and human RIGHTS. When we fought for others so they may be treated like people instead of animals.

csbassplayer2003
March 21, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thank you for your service and thank you for becoming a citizen the RIGHT way! Welcome!

I say pick a firearm based on the part of American history that makes you feel the most proud.

The citizen militia of the revolution? A musket or flintlock
The old west? SAA or lever action
The men who died at Normandy? 1911 or M1 garand.
The courageous draftees of Vietnam? M14/M1
The modern fighting man? AR-10/15

The ultimate fact that you are making a choice is the most American part. Freedom is grand isnt it? God bless you and our great country.

KodiakBeer
March 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome home, brother!

I'll join others and say a CMP Garand will be about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

pacerdude
March 21, 2011, 03:29 PM
Congratulations Gun Addict! And as others have said thank you for your service! As far as a new gun goes, get whatever you have been eyeing the longest! Good luck on your choice!

tarosean
March 21, 2011, 05:36 PM
Congrats and a Marlin 336 in 30-30

stevek
March 21, 2011, 08:48 PM
Congrats and thank you for your service from an ex USN Corpsman. As far as the firearm goes, that's easy...the quintessential American sidearm, the 1911 of course! I'm assuming you get enough time with the AR/M4 platform in the Corps. ;)

txhoghunter
March 21, 2011, 08:50 PM
You're a UNITED STATES MARINE! (and thank you for your service)

It's also the 100th anniversary of the 1911!!

Guess what gets my vote?

grampster
March 21, 2011, 08:52 PM
Congrats Marine and fellow American!

bubba15301
March 21, 2011, 09:15 PM
1911 .45 or a marlin lever action

foghornl
March 22, 2011, 08:19 AM
Congrats, and a big sweeping 'tip of the hat' to you, Citizen!!!!

Also THANK YOU! for your service, Marine! Carry on.

Choice of firearm? Depends on YOUR feelings....
Like the "Old West" era? Single-Action revolver & Lever-Action rifle, maybe double-barrel "Coach Gun"
WWI/WWII/Korean War era? 1903 Springfield rifle, or the US Rifle Cal .30 M1..."The Garand" ans same selections as a tribute to the men that stormed the Normandie Beaches on D-Day
Vietnam & Later? M1A (M-14) or the AR-15 type.

ZeSpectre
March 22, 2011, 08:23 AM
OUTSTANDING!

Honestly I would say a "presentation" 1911 in a box, but since you apparently already have a 1911 then I would recommend some sort of lever-action rifle. Get it engraved with info about your citizenship.

Congrats!

Jim NE
March 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
Congratulations on your citizenship and THANK YOU FOR KNOWING ENGLISH!!!

Nushif
March 22, 2011, 07:04 PM
So ... what did you get?

blackspyder
March 22, 2011, 09:02 PM
Congratulations!

Maybe a Henry or Springfield Trapdoor rifle. The choice is yours!

gun addict
March 22, 2011, 09:18 PM
buying a Remington sps tactical friday, probably. Thanks to everyone for their suggestion but alot of them are simply out of the price range of a lowly E-3 :D

ptb351
March 22, 2011, 11:33 PM
Congratulations and thank you for your service.

AJumbo
March 23, 2011, 12:14 AM
Addict- first, thank you for your service, and congratulations on becoming an American Citizen.

Second, it matters not where your choice of firearm was made- what matters is that YOU have chosen to "stand in the door" for our right to own that firearm. In that context, an AK-47 is just as patriotic as a Peacemaker (I'd get the Peacemaker.)

Fleet
March 23, 2011, 12:29 AM
Addict, congratulations! And my heartfelt thanks for your service. The price you've paid goes beyond money, and I appreciate it.
I'll part with the crowd here. Get a Savage 99. It doesn't get any more American than that, and unlike a lot of lever guns, it's accurate!
From a retired Navy Chief.

gun addict
March 23, 2011, 12:34 AM
Oorahh Chief, dont know how many times i've saluted Navy Chiefs thinking "Oh shiny stuff on collar!"

Fleet
March 23, 2011, 12:38 AM
Oorahh Chief, dont know how many times i've saluted Navy Chiefs thinking "Oh shiny stuff on collar!"
LOL!!! Yeah, I got that more than once...it's all in a days work. I used to tell them that my parents were married...to each other.

MartinS
March 23, 2011, 09:01 AM
I pray this battered republic may be blessed with more like you and your beautiful family. A 30/30 Marlin so you can ride the high country.

habeas
March 23, 2011, 09:13 AM
Congratulations and thank you for your service. I wish you and your family all the best.

SuperNaut
March 23, 2011, 09:45 AM
Congratulations Citizen!

BBQLS1
March 23, 2011, 09:54 AM
Congratulations and thank you for your service.

11 years sounds like 1911! 2011 is the 100 anniversary of the 1911….. I’m going to say 1911, but……

ARs, Lever Actions, Thompson Sub Gun, CMP M1, Colt Single Action Army……. Those are all very American Choices.

woad_yurt
March 23, 2011, 09:56 AM
Good for you! Welcome!

xfyrfiter
March 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome home Marine, and many thanks.

lightman
March 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
Congratulations,and thank you for your service.A Remington 700 is a fine rifle(Remington 700 lover here),but like others have said,you can now buy anything that you want.Welcome,and thank you,again. Lightman

gun addict
March 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
good news! Just got a great Remington 700p package and went to the range. Took 50 rounds of surplus 7.62 ammo including German DAG, Australian and US M80 ball. Shot a 1 moa group with the Aussie which was very suprising. Good shooting all around!

txhoghunter
March 29, 2011, 08:53 PM
Great job Marine! Keep having fun, and again, thank you very much for your service!

Everyone needs to remember that we are the home of the free because of the brave. You and all of your brothers and sisters in arms make us proud

Kendal Black
March 29, 2011, 11:12 PM
good news! Just got a great Remington 700p ...

Perfect.

SSN Vet
March 29, 2011, 11:14 PM
Congratulations!

since you your new "birthday" is in 2011, why not celebrate with a hundredth anniversary Colt 1911

Millwright
March 30, 2011, 12:45 AM
Congrats !!

Keep in mind a WW2 veteran living in the U.S. for decades has recently been declard an "illegal" when he tried to cross the Canadian border....... >MW

Tim the student
March 30, 2011, 12:48 AM
Good stuff, I hope you enjoy your new rifle!

Guy B. Meredith
March 30, 2011, 01:44 AM
Just another big thank you for your service!

Part of your benefits for service ought to be a discount on the firearm of your choice. Firearms ownership should be a badge of citizenship.

The actual firearm is a personal thing.

I understand the saluting Chiefs. When I was in the USAF at the Defense Language Institute we had constant exposure to foreign military who seemed to be big on the braid and shiny stuff. Couldn't tell if they were private equivalents or generals.

wideym
March 30, 2011, 02:23 AM
If you want an "American" gun then go for an M1 Garand or carbine, but just the act of buying a gun expresses more "American" freedom and responisblilties than most "natural-born" citizens express their whole lives.

My aunt Kazuko was born and raised in Japan, only becoming a citizen a few years ago. It was one of our (her's and mine) moments when she and I went shopping for her first gun. She actually fell in love with an Armscor .38spc and was suprised it was made in the Philipines.

PhotonSD
March 31, 2011, 04:50 AM
Congratulations and Semper Fi Marine. How about a Remington 870? Good all around weapon that you can teach the whole family to shoot. Thanks for your service.

ultradoc
March 31, 2011, 07:19 AM
Congrats and thank you for serving this nation. As for a gun I would get one like you trained on which was probably an AR.

stonecutter2
March 31, 2011, 03:51 PM
good news! Just got a great Remington 700p package and went to the range. Took 50 rounds of surplus 7.62 ammo including German DAG, Australian and US M80 ball. Shot a 1 moa group with the Aussie which was very suprising. Good shooting all around!
Very nice :) I have an SPS Tactical in 223 that I love.

Congrats, and thank you for your service.

Do consider a service grade M1 Garand from the CMP as well, though - they're fairly priced and the process is less complex as you're serving in the armed forces. And the WWII era Springfield Armory rifles are genuine military American history.

March 31, 2011, 04:05 PM
Congratulations! Thank you! And, Welcome Home. Now, go buy a Marlin.

belercous
March 31, 2011, 11:18 PM
Congratulations. I'd like to thank you for your service and for following our immigration laws. Please feel free to fully excercise your civil rights (all of them), you've earned it.

Don't be shy, step up and gitcha self some. Speak up when you see something you don't like. You are now fully an American in good standing and your views are as valid and worth hearing as any natural-born citizen, so feel free to get involved. In whatever you like. I believe I can tell you, without fear of contradiction, that everyone here will fully support your civil rights to the utmost. How could they not, you've served for ours.

Again, congrats, thank you, and welcome to the tribe.

Dejavu
April 1, 2011, 08:08 AM
From a Marine Veteran (1969-73), thanks for standing on those yellow foot prints for us. We appreciate it more than you know.

You are a man among men.

Another vote for the 1911A1.

If you enjoyed reading about "finally got citizenship after 11 years" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!