A little disappointed in my shooting ability

PDA

chutestrate
March 21, 2011, 11:59 AM
I bought an HK P2000 iin .357 sig. I've shot other .357 sigs fairly well, but this one is putting the rounds all over the paper. The weight is great for carry, but i'm not confident in my abilities with it yet. I picked it up with the lem trigger which i really like.

If you enjoyed reading about "A little disappointed in my shooting ability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smaug
March 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
LEM trigger, is that double action only?

If so, it will have to be very smooth and consistent to shoot well at targets.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I can forward a marksmanship manual to you.

wbwanzer
March 21, 2011, 04:04 PM
Sandbag the thing to see whether it's the gun or you. No offense, but I'll guess the problem is you. I thought my XDm was inaccurate until I benchrested it. I was the problem.

Japle
March 21, 2011, 04:30 PM
Have someone who's a really good shot try it out.

mustang_steve
March 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
The trick with DA shooting is to learn where the action "bobs" as I call it (that little bit of action where it's just about to shoot, but you can still back down). If you can get it there, then your technique at that point is like a single action.

From there get it to shoot accurately, then start shooting further and further out from that point. Pretty soon you'll be shooting nice tight groups with the longest of DA triggers.

9mmepiphany
March 21, 2011, 06:20 PM
I had a friend recently acquire a H&K P200k with the LEM, in 9mm, who had much the same problem the first time we took it out. I hadn't shot a LEM before but wanted to try it...boy, that trigger pull goes on forever...and my first shot flew off to the left of my POA. Using the same technique that I use when shooting revolvers, I put the next 4 rounds into a 1.5" group at 7 yards. It is just learning to manage the trigger...it didn't help that he had the small backstrap on at the time.

Check out the second link in my sig for a better description of the correct technique

NMGonzo
March 21, 2011, 06:27 PM
I bought an HK P2000 iin .357 sig. I've shot other .357 sigs fairly well, but this one is putting the rounds all over the paper. The weight is great for carry, but i'm not confident in my abilities with it yet. I picked it up with the lem trigger which i really like.

The LEM trigger on my 9mm version of your gun was ok but I was not comfortable with it.

Sold the gun for a good profit and never looked back.

Aren't H&K's built so you can change the firing mechanism to different configurations?

balance 740
March 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
The USP series pistols can switch to any variant trigger, but the P-series cannot. The P2000 LEM doesn't have the notch on the frame next to the hammer for the decocker, so the frames are different between the DA/SA and LEM variants of the P2000.

bds
March 21, 2011, 10:09 PM
A relative of a friend went shooting with us and he had similar experience with his HK P2000.

He got tight shot groups with my Glock/M&P pistols.

I won't mention what happened next.

If you enjoyed reading about "A little disappointed in my shooting ability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!