Video of my Kimber in action ... 139 rounds ... zero issues.

PDA

March 21, 2011, 10:02 PM
Kimber gets a lot of bad press these days it seems, but my Kimber Tactical Entry II runs very well. I've stated that fact on this forum a number of times. But words are cheap right? So rather than keep stating it, I figured that a video might help to show how reliable it is. A friend and I took part in a two-day 2-gun match over the weekend and so I asked him to video a short function test consisting of 139 rounds in about three minutes. Why 139 rounds ... that's all the ammunition I had left. I didn't plan to do this ... it was a case of "why not?" after a long and tiring two days of shooting.

I shot 51 rounds through the Kimber on Saturday but didn't clean the pistol. I put a drop or two of oil on the muzzle end of the barrel where it passes through the barrel bushing, and put a couple of drops on top of the chamber. I recently read that Wilson Combat magazines give up the "controlled feed" of the original design for increased reliability in a wide range of 1911s. I wanted to see if the pistol would be reliable when rotated to 90˚, 180˚ and 270˚. This is not an accuracy test, merely a function test. I had six magazines on my belt but the rest were stuffed in pockets so that explains me rummaging towards the end. After shooting all twelve magazines for the first 95-shot string, I reloaded for the next two strings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTry2-wSgCA

If you enjoyed reading about "Video of my Kimber in action ... 139 rounds ... zero issues." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
March 21, 2011, 10:04 PM
51 rounds without cleaning?

More like 500 before I even think about it, if I don't get to do over 1000 before I have to take it apart, it quickly becomes a safe queen.

March 21, 2011, 10:10 PM
51 rounds without cleaning?

More like 500 before I even think about it, if I don't get to do over 1000 before I have to take it apart, it quickly becomes a safe queen.

Uh .... the point of the thread isn't about how often to clean the pistol. Just providing some background info. I use the Kimber in matches and clean it before every match. I generally clean every handgun and rifle after using it but that's my choice.

Hk Dan
March 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
<chuckles> Well, yeah, I believe a Kimber can shoot 95 rounds in slow fire...

March 21, 2011, 10:52 PM
<chuckles> Well, yeah, I believe a Kimber can shoot 95 rounds in slow fire...

I was shooting a little faster for the last seven (of eighteen) magazines when I wasn't actually aiming at the targets :p . Also, it was the end of a long two days (I shot more than 500 rounds over two days) and my fingers were sore from loading, unloading, building the stages, breaking down the stages etc. ... basically I was knackered. I'd love to load up 500 rounds or 1000 rounds and stand there blasting away and I don't doubt that the Kimber would do just fine, but at my age, I'd probably keel over before I finished.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video of my Kimber in action ... 139 rounds ... zero issues." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!