Draco to son

PDA

yotesmoker
March 22, 2011, 06:17 AM
I have a draco that I planned to turn into a SBR.I have all the paper work filled out but not sent in yet.I want to turn it over to my son when I pass away[I'm 75].Can I just will it to him without any additional paperwork and money.If I can't I plan to just have a long flash suppresser welded on it to make the leagle 16" and add a stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Draco to son" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
March 22, 2011, 06:46 AM
You can will it to him. There is paperwork required, but it is the Form 5 (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-5.pdf) (tax exempt, so no $200 fee), not the usual Form 4.

ultradoc
March 22, 2011, 06:59 AM
That's being a great father by willing a firearm/s and planning in advance. Cudos to you sir.

lpso708
March 22, 2011, 08:59 PM
The love of a Father

Sebastian the Ibis
March 28, 2011, 10:57 PM
You may want to consider a trust. That way you both can enjoy it for as long as you are able. When the inevitable happens no transfer is necessary as the trust owns it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Draco to son" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!