Setting up a range in my room- suggestions needed

PDA

Yohan
January 25, 2003, 05:28 PM
NO, not a real live ammunition range, but a low powered air rifle one which doesn't penetrate a medium size sweater. What I used to do was just take a 24 can coke box, and stuff the sweater inside of it so it'd be trapped and put a book on top to finish it off. I'm looking for something more professional now. Does anyone have any ideas which could help?

If you enjoyed reading about "Setting up a range in my room- suggestions needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
80fl
January 25, 2003, 05:38 PM
My room is only 75 yards, so it gets kinda' dull.

Hope you can get at least 100 yards.:cool:

MessedUpMike
January 25, 2003, 06:39 PM
Purchase your arm of choice in an Airsoft configuration, and get one of their "sticky targets"
They're good to at least 25 yds with a pistol, I' don't know how far a rifle would take you.

JohnKSa
January 25, 2003, 07:49 PM
For a quiet pellet trap that will handle nearly anything you can throw at it buy an electrical junction box from Home Depot and fill it with Electrical DuctSeal.

The ductseal is often referred to as monkey (synonym for dung starting with 's') by electrical contractors. All Home Depots carry it but it's rare to find a store employee who knows what you're talking about.

It comes in bricks wrapped in plastic. The company that makes it is "GB".

Don't try to substitute plumbers putty, the ductseal is infinitely superior to just about anything else you can get easily.

Then you just need to set up a cardboard target backing or a clip to hold your targets and you're set.

Do some experiments with the ductseal to see how much you need. It's pretty dense so you can probably start with a single layer of the bricks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Setting up a range in my room- suggestions needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!