Took my first "ccw trip" yesterday

PDA

KingContraryMan
March 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'm sure some of you long-timers here get tired of these silly stories :neener:

Thing was, I thought I'd feel more confident or safer, something like that. It wasn't like that at all. I didn't feel much of anything other than the weight of a 1911 on my strong side. I did catch myself doing little "what ifs" in my mind though. Other than that, it was just an ordinary night, took the wife out to dinner.

If you enjoyed reading about "Took my first "ccw trip" yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Superpsy
March 23, 2011, 01:43 PM
Nice. Another armed citizen somehow manages not to go crazy while carrying a gun. (*sarcasm)

Carry on!

HGUNHNTR
March 23, 2011, 02:23 PM
Sometimes I'm afraid I'll forget it's there if I really need it.

PcolaDawg
March 23, 2011, 02:35 PM
You will quickly come to the point, however, when you will feel a bit naked without that gun on you at all times when you're out and about.

Very glad you have joined the CCW crowd!

hiker44
March 24, 2011, 12:08 AM
Situational awareness is always an issue. If you are ready -- have a plan -- if the situation ever arises, you have prepared well. Thanks for your post.

kalash
March 24, 2011, 05:06 AM
You still reaching down to make sure its still there? lol

Morrell
March 24, 2011, 07:35 AM
I do hope the trip was to wally world!

Storz
March 24, 2011, 09:30 AM
Same here, just got my permit two weeks ago :)

klutchless
March 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
Carry for awhile and you wont leave home without it.I carry everyday and switched to a heavier gun so I would stop sitting on it.

NG VI
March 24, 2011, 03:14 PM
Pretty anticlimactic isn't it? No real change from day to day life, except I spend a lot more time looking for good routes to run. Way rather take off than deal with the trouble of drawing if it can be avoided.

BP Hunter
March 24, 2011, 04:17 PM
Did your wife know that you were carrying. Some, I said some, don't like the idea of guns.

Glad that you decided to carry!!

ForumSurfer
March 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
Other than that, it was just an ordinary night, took the wife out to dinner.

Must be nice...here in NC we can't carry concealed into an establishment that serves alcohol. That would mean you would have taken her out to McDonald's or Burger King here. :(

Uteridge
March 24, 2011, 05:55 PM
Congratulations on joining the club...CCW club dues are payable to me via cash or personal check only.

leadchucker
March 24, 2011, 10:53 PM
Some of the places my job requires me to go have made me a little uneasy in the past. I just started carrying my PF-9 in an IWB holster this week. It does provide a little peace of mind. I was really worried about being made, and I was a little uneasy about it the first day or so, but now, I hardly even notice it is there.

KingContraryMan
March 25, 2011, 10:47 AM
You still reaching down to make sure its still there? lol

Actually, yes I did catch myself checking to make sure it was "there" :D

KingContraryMan
March 25, 2011, 10:51 AM
Did your wife know that you were carrying. Some, I said some, don't like the idea of guns.

I'm not sure. I didn't tell her and she didn't ask. She wouldn't have been upset about it, in fact she's now interested in getting a ccw herself.

PcolaDawg
March 25, 2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:

I'm not sure. I didn't tell her and she didn't ask. She wouldn't have been upset about it, in fact she's now interested in getting a ccw herself.
Outstanding. My wife is far from being a gun fanatic, and grew up in a home with zero guns, but she fully supports my pro 2nd Amendment stance, supported getting my sons handguns while they were still in high school, got a CCW permit herself and now carries a Kel Tec P32.

So life is good. Sounds like you're headed in the same direction.

ditchdr
March 25, 2011, 10:28 PM
The 1st time I carried was in fact into wally world. I was a little nervous but I new I was not doing anything wrong. So I proudly walked in and wouldn't you know it some one else walked out and their stupid theft alarm started sounding
I thought oh crap its a metal detector....and froze in the door way. In a few seconds I realized it wasn't me and continued on...but it was kinda of funny :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Took my first "ccw trip" yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!