Medical Kits

PDA

Rocketmedic
March 24, 2011, 12:02 AM
I know that this isn't gun-related, but I hope the mods allow it to stay up- after all, a home or vehicle is a very, very likely place for an emergency.

What's in mine? Well, I have my aid bag in my truck, with a platoon's worth of trauma-care stuff (and a range bag) essentially parked in the back, so I'm a bit overprepared for the road. (1 KED for spinal immobilization + a c-collar and some other stuff, 8 tourniquets, pressure dressings, a BVM with multiple advanced airways, epi-pens and IV fluids and lots of other medical stuff). It's not that I'm paranoid, it's that I constantly find myself put on ranges with no notice.

At home, I have a grab-bag with a pair of Epi-pens for my fiance, Benadryl IV, 2 liters of IV Ringer's Lactate with admin kits, 2 amps of D50, Epi 1:1 and 1:10, a few miligrams of atropine, promethazine, ibuprofen, some antibiotics and assorted painkillers, and administration kits for all of it. Trauma-wise, I have another 4 tourniquets, pressure wraps, chest seals, and some Army-issue Hemcon.

I don't view it as being overprepared- I know that it's very easy to burn through most of my gear quickly on just one patient, and I want to be able to manage two or three in case that need appears. I reckon that if I shoot a home invader, I'm a lot less likely to get charged if I try and save them afterwards. Remember, home-defense isn't about killing- it's about defense. And a medical kit is always a good idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "Medical Kits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
March 24, 2011, 12:06 AM
While having basic medical supplies and training is a good idea, it really isn't on topic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Medical Kits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!