Gun related names for a kid.

PDA

kalash
March 24, 2011, 05:04 AM
I seen the thread about the dog names so I might a well post this.

We have been talking about starting a faimly and in our passing conversations we have been talking about kids names. Had her set on "john moses" for our first boy until she found out it was gun related. She does NOT want a gun related name.......

Soooooo I'm going to find a name, name it, and tell her when its like 10.

Any good boy or girl names that is gun related. Possibly a model or a designer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun related names for a kid." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
March 24, 2011, 06:18 AM
Colt, and Hunter are all I can come up with~! :scrutiny: ;)

LHRGunslinger
March 24, 2011, 06:23 AM
Carlos. as in Carlos Hathcock.
Duke. as in John "The Duke" Wayne.
Wayne. same as above.
Mike short for Mikhail Kalashnakov

jmr40
March 24, 2011, 08:14 AM
Taught school for 30 years and have come across some interesting names. Some just plain wierd. Had a kids named Remington, Harley, Hunter, Colt.

If you want something less obvious use something less well known. Parker, Westley, Paul (Mauser), Oliver (Winchester), William (Ruger), Annie (Oakely), Roy (Weatherby)

smallbore
March 24, 2011, 08:22 AM
I don't have any name suggestions. However, I would like an update on your wife's reaction on the child's 10th birthday.

lizziedog1
March 24, 2011, 08:24 AM
How about Glock!:D

Prosser
March 24, 2011, 08:31 AM
John Moses
Jack Huntington
Hamiton
John L.
Dick
Bart
Wyatt
Saeed
Sammuel
Douglas
Bobbie Boy Baker
Bubba
Gary Rearend
John Taffin the 3rd
Ross
Jason
Jack O.
Sue
:D

Toforo
March 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hangfire
Misfire
Squib

PRM
March 24, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hangfire
Misfire
Squib

Now that's funny ~ you left out Bullseye and Target

MtnCreek
March 24, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hangfire
Misfire
Squib

I see theropy in someone's future.

How bout Savage?

TechBrute
March 24, 2011, 09:17 AM
If it was a "surprise" pregnancy, how about Indy?

:cool:

mustang_steve
March 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
Remmy Tim?
Vince Chester?
Reuben (roo) Gehr?
Marv Linn?
Will Esson?
Kim (can be a guy's name too) Buhr?

bearcreek
March 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
I came up with the middle name Lucas for my youngest brother, after Lucas McCain, the rifleman.

esheato
March 24, 2011, 09:31 AM
What about Gunnar?

Double Naught Spy
March 24, 2011, 09:34 AM
Parker, as in Parkerized.

If you think about it, any name could be gun related if you go with names of people who used guns in some fashion.

Duke. as in John "The Duke" Wayne.
Wayne. same as above.

John Wayne was an actor, not a gun person. Many of his characters were gun people. kalash could name his future son Rooster, as in Rooster Cogburn. How about "Stryker" for his character in The Sands of Iwo Jima?

However, if you want John Wayne, then why not go with a gender neutral name like Marion, tough guy Duke's real first name.

Pigoutultra
March 24, 2011, 09:42 AM
kalash could name his future son Rooster, as in Rooster Cogburn.

One problem, Rooster was his nickname, Reuben was his real name.

Onmilo
March 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mosin (Smith)
Maggy {Grey}
Leed (Taylor)
Reticle (Brown)
Grip (Munson)

Some I have met along the way. HTH

isc
March 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
Here are a couple I haven't seen yet:

hunter
sergeant

DukeNukem
March 24, 2011, 10:00 AM
You could name a daughter Golden Dorothy and call her Gold Dot.:D

HOOfan_1
March 24, 2011, 10:03 AM
Peter Paul (Mauser). Kids will tease him saying his initials are Pee Pee though.
James Paris (Lee) teasing about France
Euguene (first name) Stoner (middle name)...teasing about Marijuana use.
Craig George (Krag Jorgenson)
Smith Wesley (Smith and Wesson)
Daniel Wesley (Dan Wesson)

jmr40
March 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
John Wayne (Marion Morrison) whatever, was in fact a avid hunter, shooter and gun collector.

dusty14u
March 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
I know a guy who named his daughter Kimber. His wife had no problem with it.

Cooper might be a good name for a boy.

isc
March 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
annie oakley
scout
carbine
weaver

cambeul41
March 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
This may be an amusing line of discussion, but planning to deceive your wife, especially about something so important to her, does not bode well for the marriage.

gordy
March 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
How about failure to eject? OH now that's not funny.
My buddy named his son ruger.
My boss named his son hunter.

towboat_er
March 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
trigger
wesson
tommy
bullet
anton
Gage
Shooter
Parker

Toml
March 24, 2011, 11:06 AM
The Sherrif in the next county over when I was a kid was Shotgun Coleman. His son is called Pistol.

InkEd
March 24, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hoppe (of #9 fame)

CoRoMo
March 24, 2011, 11:18 AM
I know a guy who named his daughter Kimber.
I just about had my wife committed to that name for our daughter. Kimber Leigh. But, I backed out since I don't actually own a Kimber. I figure I should own one and like it, before I give their name to my offspring.

Just tell her that you want to honor your Russian ancestry... Mikhail Kalashnikov.

HGUNHNTR
March 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ehh don't do it..bad idea my friend.

tarosean
March 24, 2011, 11:30 AM
Simo

as in Simo Hayha i.e. "White death" she will never uncover the truth behind that one!

Creature
March 24, 2011, 11:37 AM
How about Dillion?

NavyLCDR
March 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
Nicolas Lebel
Lee Enfield

rromeo
March 24, 2011, 11:51 AM
Marlon (Marlin)

svtruth
March 24, 2011, 12:30 PM
Shooter (Jennings)
Waylon's boy
Purdey
Samuel (Colt)

Double Naught Spy
March 24, 2011, 12:57 PM
One problem, Rooster was his nickname, Reuben was his real name.

Let me get this straight. You are busting my chops over the use of a nickname of a fictional character in a fictional story that was superficially made into a movie where said actor of that character is known as John Wayne, but whose real name was Marion Mitchell Morrison and for whom people here have suggested his stage name be used as well as his nickname of "The Duke."

Do I have that right? Have I sufficiently described the level of ludicrosity of the argument? Nothing about any of those names are "real" relative to guns, LOL!!! :D

I still like Rooster.

highlander 5
March 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
Freind of years ago named his son Shiloh,used to bust his chops for naming his son after a rifle ie Shiloh Sharps

Talin342
March 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
Fumbles

See the Robot Chicken skit below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW3dg9VURMU

788Ham
March 24, 2011, 01:05 PM
Detent, maybe this is stretching things?!

Double Naught, wasn't Marion's middle name Michael?

kalash
March 24, 2011, 01:18 PM
Theres alot of good ones! Gona take some time for me to figure it out. Nothings "planned" so far but we figure we will start trying in a few months.

Anybody else related to the m2hb that i could use? I like carlos but I dont know if that will fly because its the name of her uncle.

I thought about "carbine williams" I dont think she knows what a carbine is and my best mans last name is williams.

Haxby
March 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
Cody seems to be a popular name right now.

Ruger? Really? That's just wrong. That poor kid. That's enough to make me think that this whole thing is just a bad idea.

Vern Humphrey
March 24, 2011, 01:33 PM
There is a lady, a friend of my wife, who had serious problems during her last pregnancy. We wound up driving her to Little Rock every week for medical care. At one time she had a 4-D sonogram, and they can accurately estimate the baby's weight. Afterwards, she asked me to guess the baby's weight.

I asked "How much?" and she said "Four-ten." (Four pounds, ten ounces.)

To this day, that little girl is called "Buckshot."

TheHighRoadDude
March 24, 2011, 01:45 PM
If you get a surprise of two twin boys i'd go with.. Smith and Wesson :)

gym
March 24, 2011, 01:46 PM
Just don't call him Blank

oneounceload
March 24, 2011, 01:48 PM
looking at it from a reloading perspective - Dillon, Lee, Forster, Hornady...... :D

vito
March 24, 2011, 01:51 PM
Howitzer, or Gerand or Kimber or Ruger or Gauge.

Onward Allusion
March 24, 2011, 01:51 PM
A kid's name is an important thing. A bad one can lead to issues with classmates and life in general. First names that rhyme with the last name will ensure that your kid will get some type of ribbing. "Sissy" names for boys will either have them grow up as bullies or victims. "Butch" sounding names for girls will do the same. These are just some examples.

I see resumes come in on a regular basis and I can assure you that my impression of the candidate is swayed at least on a subconscious level by their name. This is regardless of their qualifications. Right or wrong, it is reality.

Naming a child after a firearm or make an obvious reference to firearms will affect your child...maybe in a positive light or more likely given our education system in a negative light. Subtle names like Dillion, Lee...etc. are more workable.

Bmont2409
March 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
Henry Just call him the Golden Boy

kalash
March 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
I want to go as low under the radar as I can.

Sgt.Murtaugh
March 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
How about the name "Cock"

tarosean
March 24, 2011, 02:04 PM
How about the name "Cock"

Yeah that wont cause any issues during his lifetime..... LOL

twofifty
March 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
There's 58195 names to choose from on the Vietnam Memorial in Washington.
Each one of those is gun related and each one deserves to be memorialized.

T.R.
March 24, 2011, 02:14 PM
Gunther.

Hardware
March 24, 2011, 02:28 PM
Gaston (Glock)
John (Browning, Garand, Wayne)
Alvin (York)
Samuel (Colt)
Horace (Smith)
Dan (Wesson)
Alexander (Sturm)
William (Ruger)
Berthold (Geipel designed the MP-40)
James (Lee of Lee Enfield fame)
Peter or Paul (Mauser)
Wilhelm (Mauser)
Sturm or Storm
Gewehr
Jaeger or Hunter
Rudolph (Schmidt)
Eduard (Rubin)
Hiram (Maxim)
Sigmund (Long for SIG)
Eliphalet or Philo (Remington)

cougar1717
March 24, 2011, 03:14 PM
A name is very important. I've known several people who've gone by their middle name or a nickname because they were embarrassed by their given name. Something more subtle is better. How many ways can kids make fun of a name like Gaston?...exactly.

speedway
March 24, 2011, 03:57 PM
Trigger

chicharrones
March 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
How about "Stryker" for his character in The Sands of Iwo Jima?

I've seen that movie a few times, but all I think about when I hear the name Striker is Ted Striker from the movie Airplane. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/16.gif

W.E.G.
March 24, 2011, 05:26 PM
So the wife put the kibosh on the name because it relates to guns, and now you want ANOTHER name that relates to guns.

Planning on "sneaking" it by her, eh?

When she finds out, your nickname is gonna be Field Reject Gage by the time she's done with you.

Hardware
March 24, 2011, 05:33 PM
I've seen that movie a few times, but all I think about when I hear the name Striker is Ted Striker from the movie Airplane.
Of course I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.

SSN Vet
March 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
I don't like any of these personally, but I have heard of guys named:

Flint

Smokey

Kap

My families tradition has been to name the boys after American military greats...

BigDaddyNEB
March 24, 2011, 06:50 PM
Marlin.....nuff said.

BikerRN
March 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
Colt, Bolt, or Dolt seem to work for me.
"Hi, I'm Colt. This is my Brother Bolt, and our other Brother Dolt."

BikerRN

CoRoMo
March 24, 2011, 06:56 PM
...Dolt seem to work for me.
"Hi, I'm Colt. This is ...our other Brother Dolt."
Good luck with that one!
http://thesaurus.com/browse/dolt

Main Entry: dolt

Definition: stupid person

Synonyms: airhead, blockhead, boob*, chump, clodpate, dimwit, dodo, dope, dork, dumbbell, dumdum, dunce, fool, goon, idiot, ignoramus, lamebrain, lunkhead, meathead, nitwit, sap*, simpleton, stupid, yo-yo

Antonyms: brain, genius

cobblestone
March 24, 2011, 07:15 PM
My daughters name is kimber, and my sons name is colton

justin 561
March 24, 2011, 08:32 PM
Dick

I mean no offense to anyone named Dick aka Richard, but do you really think the kids in school will be so nice? I mean, can you imagine how "Dick (Richard) trickle" must of felt..

gunnutery
March 25, 2011, 12:52 AM
AventHAven't seen this one yet:

Lewis (Lewis gun)

were expecting in July and have yet to pick a boys name. Lewis is one I'm shooting for (pun intended) but I'm not sure my wife likes it.

Phydeaux642
March 25, 2011, 01:04 AM
How about Rock (Rock Island, Rock River)? Worked out okay for Rock Hudson.

(I thought the suggestion for Squib was hilarious.)

March 25, 2011, 02:05 AM
Mil (first) Spec (middle):evil:

Prosser
March 25, 2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Dick
I mean no offense to anyone named Dick aka Richard, but do you really think the kids in school will be so nice? I mean, can you imagine how "Dick (Richard) trickle" must of felt..

Might be like naming your boy "Sue"?

I suggested that name, since I have a friend named Dick.
He is a retired, but, he was:
SWAT Sniper
Smith and Wesson Certified Gunsmith
Firearms instructor, and reference person for our LEO
Ran the range
Attorney
LEO for 35 years, union negotiator, very good at it,
Detective
etc.

I don't know if it was the name, but I did have him lecture at my Introduction to Law class.

The kids had a bunch of what if scenarios, about having him shoot at them.
His answer was,

"If I shot at you, you would be dead."

Great person.

Sgt.Murtaugh
March 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
or "Beaver" as in Beaver-Tail

Sgt.Murtaugh
March 25, 2011, 11:36 AM
Rod (Guide Rod)
Bushing (barrel bushing)
Bushmaster (the ladies would love a guy named Bushmaster. They would have to, right?)

MarcoPolo
March 25, 2011, 12:26 PM
The wife and I were having a hard time coming up with a name for our third son. We decided we would each come up with a list of ten names and sit down one night at the kitchen table and not leave until we agreed on a name. As a joke I put Barrett (after the .50 cal rifle) on my list. As soon as the wife saw it she loved it. So our youngest son’s name is Barrett.

chicharrones
March 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
I don't like any of these personally, but I have heard of guys named:

Flint

I know a grown man in his 40's with that name. It's not too bad once you say it a bunch and know the person.

cskny
March 25, 2011, 01:21 PM
We have been talking about starting a faimly and in our passing conversations we have been talking about kids names. Had her set on "john moses" for our first boy until she found out it was gun related. She does NOT want a gun related name.......

Soooooo I'm going to find a name, name it, and tell her when its like 10.

How about some honesty with her? Otherwise, you might not be together when "it's" 10.

It seems pretty silly to be secretly trying to dupe your wife into picking a "gun" related child name. If it's THAT important to you, tell her. Otherwise, choose a better battle.

Hoth206
March 25, 2011, 01:24 PM
The wife and I are expecting #1 in about six weeks. It's a girl...which is fortunate since we had an easy girl's name and NO agreement on a boys.

My personal choices:
Samuel (first) Colt (middle)
Townsend (first) Whelen (middle)

I think the more obscure you go, the better in this situation.

kayak-man
March 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
My dad knows a guy who named his daughter Kimber.

Some other good ones might be: Walker (as in the Walker Colt), Cassul (.454 Cassul) Wildley, Kraig (Kraig-Jorgenson rifle) Ben(chrest rifle), Henry (Henry Repeating Arms), Webley, Lee (Enfield). Owen (Owen Machine Gun) Sterling (Sterling Submachine gun.)

Not to discourage you, but think about the kid for a bit. If you give him a unique name, he WILL be teased in school. Heck, my name is Chris, and I couldn't stand the Christopher Columbus or Chris Cringle comments. Also, check it against the No-Fly/Terrorist Watch List. Seriously, being temporarily detained is only funny the first time...

Chris "the Kayak-Man" Johnson

todd128
March 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
remington

rocinante
March 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
Will, as in FIRE AT WILL.

browneu
March 25, 2011, 01:50 PM
Rusty
Alex Robert call him A.R.
Sig
Henry Kyle call him H.K.

Toaster
March 25, 2011, 03:34 PM
Barrett?

BDrinkard
March 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
A buddy of mine named his son Aiden, middle name Ronald.
He calls him AR.

Vern Humphrey
March 26, 2011, 10:08 AM
I have a friend, RB Anderson, who's a super trooper (now retired.) We used to call him "Rifle Bullet" Anderson.

But when he joined the Army they made him do his paperwork again. "Ya gotta write down yer whole name, not just yer initials."

So he filled out the paper work again, and put his name as "R (only) B (only) Anderson."

And went into the Army's records as "Ronly Bonly Anderson.":p

Water-Man
March 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Are you old enough to have children? :rolleyes:

Ky Larry
March 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
For a boy, how about Westley Richard? Or Parker?

JerryM
March 26, 2011, 05:28 PM
I would not deceive or offend my wife over the name of our son. My relationship with her is much more important that gun names for a child.

Regards,
Jerry

wep45
March 26, 2011, 07:40 PM
magnum

Kaeto
March 27, 2011, 02:23 AM
This is a phenomenally bad idea. You must want your kid to grow up hating you.

mc223
March 27, 2011, 02:26 AM
Holger Fire Johnson

buck1032
March 27, 2011, 02:31 AM
My 4 year old son's is named Dillon Lee. :) The Lee actually came from three people, one retired Marine, one Retired Sailor, and a very good friend.

BQuiz
March 27, 2011, 04:15 AM
I would name my son "Trigger"....but he would inevitably have Chicken Pox or Poison Ivy at some point in his life....last thing I want is an Itchy Trigger walking around.

And "Hornady" would be a good one, but we all know how those Hornady Teenagers are....

I'll stick with Bill, or Jack, or Buddy.

Branden967
March 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
How about "Trigger." I wouldnt name my kid that thought. It should like he would be a handful. No pun intended.

lightman
March 27, 2011, 03:54 PM
I would not decieve my wife about this,or anything else,either.I would also give some serious thoughts to the possible repercusions that the name that you choose will have on your child.I think you would not want to create a "Boy named Sue" scenario.
Some of the replys were funny.I thought that the remark about the Vietnam Memorial sounded very respectful,and I liked the names Kimber and Colton.Thanks for the laughs, Lightman

AR27
March 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
went to school with a kid named gauge

Ray P
March 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
Bonnie is such a bright, upbeat name for a girl (as in Bonnie Parker).

You could go with a famous religous leader's name like "John Wesley" (founder of Methodism), and just leave the "Hardin" part unstated.

Garrett Is a nice name, as is Patrick.

Just saying: fun thought exercise, but execution may be self-defeating. Your Results May Vary.

sm
March 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
Dammit.

There have been a number of times, over the years, I have referred to a firearm as "dammit".

sixgunner455
April 15, 2011, 08:06 PM
Steve, I was frequently "Dammit" as a kid. As in, "Dammit, David!" or "David, dammit!" I was also "No, David!" for many, many years. :D

federalfarmer
April 16, 2011, 08:01 PM
Canon or Cannon

ElToro
April 16, 2011, 08:30 PM
if my second chid had been a boy ( she wasnt) i was really lobbying for John Moses. wife wanted just plain Jack as the given name. my son is named after his grandfather and great grandfather.

tkaction
April 16, 2011, 09:21 PM
squib

THE DARK KNIGHT
April 16, 2011, 09:26 PM
Naming your kid after gun related stuff has "epic fail" written all over it.

(along with a large number of white trash jokes)

Why not just get a Budweiser tattoo and call it a day?

Big_E
April 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
Shooter, as in Shooter McGavin from "Happy Gilmore"? Haha

Oh and I don't think that naming a kid after anything gun related is "hick" worthy. Many firearms inventors displayed great genius. Also, look at Colt McCoy, he seems to do well for having an "epic fail" name.

Oh wait, how about Massad or Ayoob? Ackley?

THE DARK KNIGHT
April 16, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh and I don't think that naming a kid after anything gun related is "hick" worthy. Many firearms inventors displayed great genius. Also, look at Colt McCoy, he seems to do well for having an "epic fail" name.

Oh wait, how about Massad or Ayoob? Ackley?

Yeah, except those guys have gun related names in the gun business. Have fun with a stupid name like that elsewhere.

Sorry.

Also IIRC the Browns have never even been to the Superbowl (except in elementary school jokes)

Jimineer
April 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
Gotta go with Carlos, after Mr. Hathcock. It don't get more honorable and gun related than that.

armoredman
April 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
Hmm, my son, Richard. I think he's growing up the right way so far.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/Rickys%20range%20day/Rickyhappy.jpg

As for gun related names, my former Lieutenant's son's name truly is Bullet, and it was after a horse, nothing gun related. I must confess, we do have a CAT named Mikhail Kalashnikov.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PICT0001.jpg

Very, *cough cough* fierce kitty, *cough, cough*...

Big_E
April 17, 2011, 01:06 AM
Did you name your cat Mikhail Kalishnakov because like the AK, he can take a drop from a long distance and keep running? :cool:

I'm more for naming pets after guns anyway. Thinking about naming my next German dog Mauser or Luger. Except the dachshund is going to be Rommel. :evil:

Oh and Dark Knight, I was merely talking about Colt making his way into the NFL, I hate the Browns and U Texas. I bet a lot of people think his name is pretty cool.

There is a kid in my mom's class that is named Ruger. I thought that was pretty cool (I am an enthusiast though) I bet a lot of non-gun people don't even pay attention to it. Or you could name the kid Will. So if he becomes a Range Officer he can have a funny story about, "Fire At Will!"

Ala Dan
April 17, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just thought of another one, Dakota for Dakota Firearms~! ;)

harqueb.us
April 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
Your only real option is Blunderbuss.

Gottahaveone
April 17, 2011, 09:51 PM
Never mind.....

Kendal Black
April 17, 2011, 10:03 PM
Except the dachshund is going to be Rommel.

Meaner for their size than most anything but badgers.

A Dachshund breeder asked me to think of an advertising slogan for her, but didn't like what I came up with.

Yippie yi, kay ya, get a long little doggie
It's your misfortune...

NavyLCDR
April 17, 2011, 11:19 PM
Never mind.....

On no..... your original post was much more funny! Instant email updates are a wonderful thing!

How about..... oh never mind on that one too....

Steel Talon
April 17, 2011, 11:36 PM
William "Billy" Dixon

james_bond
April 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
I know a little girl named Benelli

Steel Talon
April 17, 2011, 11:56 PM
Webley

Holland

Kendal Black
April 18, 2011, 12:12 AM
Your child will hate you forever if you name her "Tubb 2000."

dprice3844444
April 18, 2011, 12:14 AM
colt,

ArmedLiberal
April 18, 2011, 12:20 AM
James Marlin
William Batterman Ruger
Richard Jordan Gatling
Hiram Maxim
Samuel Colt
Isaac Lewis
John Moses Browning

Just mix and match.

John Samuel

James William Isaac

Richard Hiram

Double Naught Spy
April 18, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hmm, my son, Richard. I think he's growing up the right way so far.
So Richard is shooting a CZ? Looks like my 452.

As for names...

Rod - Guide Rod.

merlinfire
April 18, 2011, 10:09 AM
If it was a "surprise" pregnancy, how about Indy?

Hahaha, that made my day. Indy as in ND

armoredman
April 18, 2011, 10:29 AM
Yes, 452 Scout. :)

Screendmon
April 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
Tenifer - for a girl

hnl.flyboy
April 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
Michael Nicholas (my take on Mikhail Kalashnikov)

trex1310
April 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
How about Bitone. Trijicon. Halfcock, Decocker, or best of all Hoppe.

northark147
April 19, 2011, 12:30 AM
Dewey (Cleaning Rods)
Patch (self explanatory)

451 Detonics
April 19, 2011, 02:47 AM
Don't know if it has been been mentioned yet but Shiloh would be a great girls name...

Ala Dan
April 19, 2011, 09:09 AM
"Break Free" or "Eezox" will work for a boy~! :D

Steel Talon
April 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
"Smoke"

gun-smoke

eqlzr
April 19, 2011, 07:28 PM
My nephew's name is Colton.

The answer is yes.

Quoheleth
April 19, 2011, 07:40 PM
For the love of all that is good, don't saddle your child with a name he will despise.

Yeah, he might think it's cool one day, but in the meantime...

Take it from a man whose last name is pronounced the same as the infamous balogna company. I thank God my parents didn't name me Oscar!

Q

eqlzr
April 19, 2011, 07:43 PM
I know guys with all the following gun-related names: Grip, Shelly, Rod, Cal, Crane, Flash, Spin, Adjustable (OK, just kidding about that one), Gunnar, Gunther, and of course, Tommy.

Awsomepossum
April 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
mateba after the autorevolver;)

Black Butte
April 19, 2011, 10:40 PM
How about Tommy for Tommy Gun? Your wife will never know.

DustyVermonter
April 19, 2011, 10:59 PM
Its wierd that I come accross this thread 1 day after talking about how irritating it is that this little wanna-be gang-banger dude I know of names everything in his family after a gun.

His son: Gauge
His dog: Mac-10
His other dog: Tech-nine

He has two 1911's tattoed on his back and when he showed me I said "oh, that's kinda cool, dual 1911's" he said "1911, huh, what's that?" So I clued him in that he had two tattoed on his back.

He has an obscene abscence of gun knowledge for somebody as gung ho as he is about guns or whoops!!!, I mean heata'z.

DustyVermonter
April 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
If its a girl: Beretta
If its a boy: Charls (daly)

JLCook
April 19, 2011, 11:15 PM
Bren or Brenda for a girl (as in Bren 10 or British Bren gun). Or maybe simon ( as in simonov )

mrbro
April 20, 2011, 03:58 PM
DustyVermonter, start calling your friend "squib".

Kalash, how about "Berdan"?

BPringle
April 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
I might have missed it but what about: Marlin?

regards
Bill

Sheldon J
April 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
Name him "Bill, or George, anything but Sue"...:D

zfk55
April 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
My Son's name is Julian Ricochet St.M

longshot7.62x51
April 21, 2011, 03:54 PM
Kayak-Man little girl wouldend be about a year or two old would she????

rromeo
April 21, 2011, 10:04 PM
Tenifer - for a girl

I just thought of this today.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun related names for a kid." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!