Whitworth Rifle

PDA

ExiledBrownCoat
March 25, 2011, 01:38 AM
Hey all,
So I was wondering where I could find a Withworth replica rifle. I have looked on Dixie gun works but I would like to shop around if possible. Any help would be nice. I would also like to know what other confederate rifles there are I know about the 1861 Springfield and 1852 Enfield. I want the Withworth because I've always liked the idea of the older BP sharpshooters.

Thank you In advanced
ExiledBrownCoat

If you enjoyed reading about "Whitworth Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
StrawHat
March 25, 2011, 07:49 AM
There were a couple of companies importing the Whitworth a search for Whitworth might turn them up. I know that at one time an English company used the origianl specs to build a copy and now some are being made in Italy. If you like accurate muzzleloading musket styles, consider also the Volunteer Rifles. Simialr in style to the Whitworth and just as accurate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whitworth Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!