Video - Shooting the .72 Gibbs African Hunter

PDA

duelist1954
March 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
In this video I'm shooting a .72 caliber Gibbs African Hunter from Dixie Gun Works.

It was wicked cold...28 degrees and windy, but I'm dressed for safari...no fool like an old fool.*LOL*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-C4Q1AWEWk

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - Shooting the .72 Gibbs African Hunter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arcticap
March 26, 2011, 04:41 PM
Wearing the pith helmet was a nice touch, as was hitting your elephant at the end! :)

duelist1954
March 26, 2011, 04:46 PM
Articap,

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks!

GaryNConcord
March 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
There was pretty awesome! Where the heck did you find an elephant target?

duelist1954
March 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
Actually I couldn't find an elephant target...but I really wanted one. So I searched for elephant art prints.

I managed to find a good sized one for a slightly less than ridiculous price. So I ordered two of them.

One of them got shot pretty ratty from all the filmed shots, and all the shots where I looked too goofy, so they were cut from the final version. That left me one print to drill for the close-up. Good thing I didn't flinch or sneeze, or just plain miss.

So this video cost $50 bucks in targets.

kwhi43@kc.rr.com
March 26, 2011, 08:49 PM
Here's a video clip from you shooting. Hope you like it
Phil

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/prizzel/Untitled68-1.jpg

GaryNConcord
March 26, 2011, 10:13 PM
So this video cost $50 bucks in targets.

When I do things like that and the wife gets hold of it, I just remind her that its still cheaper than buying a convertible and chasing 22 year olds. (for both of us:D)

ClemBert
March 26, 2011, 10:57 PM
That's kewl Mike!

Wish you could rig up something to shelter the video recorder's mic from the wind.

duelist1954
March 27, 2011, 04:00 AM
Phil,

Thanks for the still pic. I really expected more flame to show up on the video. It must really happen fast.

Gary,

I hear ya. I think mine feels the same way. She is really supportive of all my whacky projects.

Clembert,

I'm with you. I have been doing still photography professionally for 23 years, but this video stuff is all new to me. I have a lot to learn.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video - Shooting the .72 Gibbs African Hunter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!