CZ's "Black Polycoat"?

PDA

Kentucky Rifle
January 8, 2004, 05:53 PM
CZ uses something called "Black Polycoat" on their model CZ 75. Does this act as a rust barrier, or is it just a black finish?

Thanks,
KR

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ's "Black Polycoat"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clipse
January 8, 2004, 05:55 PM
I think its both. It is also more chemical resistant than alot of finishes(or so I've read)

clipsehttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid98/p462286857918ad2b7277548c05f361a8/fa04d417.jpg.thumb.jpg

RGO
January 8, 2004, 06:12 PM
Have you seen a Browning Hi-Power, Mk III? CZ's polycoat is similar. You can think of it as a type of parkarization, where a coating is applied over blueing.

Sean Smith
January 8, 2004, 06:34 PM
You can think of it as a type of parkarization, where a coating is applied over blueing.

Well, that's not what parkerizing is. Parkerizing is a chemical surface treatment, not a coating.

1) Black Polycoat: This is the default option and the least expensive finish. There are several models that only come in this finish: CZ 75B SA, CZ 75BD, CZ 75 DAO, etc. According to CZ-USA and the anecdotal experience of CZF members, this is the second-most durable finish overall. It is susceptible to being chipped if struck hard enough. Apparently, kydex holsters will "cut" this finish, much as is seen on Glocks. Theoretically, it is maintenance-free, but silicone cloths do give it a more glossy appearance. Polycoat is a form of polymer plastic that is applied with an electrostatic process. Cleaning solvents that are not to be used on plastic should be avoided.

http://pub105.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm25.showMessage?topicID=95.topic

Ledbetter
January 8, 2004, 06:51 PM
Greetings,

The polycoated CZ pistols are parkerized underneath. You can see it in the inside of the pistol. I haven't managed to scratch mine in three years. Good pistol.

Regards.

Bill Hook
January 8, 2004, 06:53 PM
Be aware that older CZs have an enamel finish that is NOT all that durable.

George Hill
January 8, 2004, 09:56 PM
You don't have to worry about the poly coat. It's almost bullet proof.

Marcus
January 8, 2004, 10:44 PM
Agreed,the polycoat is both tough and rust resistant. My 75B still looks like new after thousands of rounds,frequent carry,and hundreds of presentations from both leather and kydex holsters. My understanding is that it`s basically industrial powder coating over mil. spec parkerizing. Marcus

PCRCCW
January 8, 2004, 11:58 PM
Ive taken the finish off of the guns before and it is TOUGH! At least compared to the blueing/parkerizing Ive taken off also.
Shoot well........

Kentucky Rifle
January 9, 2004, 06:23 PM
I'm starting to like CZ's very much.

KR

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ's "Black Polycoat"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!