March 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hello to all, I am newly registered, I've been reading for a while now. I am soon to be in the market for an SBR krink. Can anyone point me to someone in Alabama( I am assumming you have to buy in your state) that can help me out. Will be my first NFA type weapon. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Newbie" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
March 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
( I am assumming you have to buy in your state) that can help me out.

Well, the transfer would need to take place in your state but the firearm can be moved into your state to a local dealer so you can shop for the rifle pretty much anywhere.

Anyway, welcome to THR.

March 30, 2011, 02:10 PM
1st I would check with your local CLEO to make sure you can get a signature for a SBR. Otherwise you would need to look into setting up a trust.(I personally prefer the trust rout even with a willing CLEO. People change jobs, peoples opinions change. CLEO's are people like everyone else, and they can be pressured by those who don't like people having title 2 items, or a lawyer who "advises" them of non-existent liability issues regarding signing a Form1/4)

As for where to buy the 2 dealers listed on are

Ellis Jeff - Class II Manufacturer
Jeff's Shooter Supply
PO Box 127
Adger, Alabama 35006
Shop: (205) 497-3736
Fax: (205) 497-3737
Class II manufacturer. Class III firearms including suppressors and machineguns. Transfers welcome. Manfufacturer
of suppressors and post samples.


The Gun Cellar Class III Dealer
1777 Montgomery Highway, Suite 105
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
Shop: Toll Free 1-866-982-9777
Fax: 205-987-9777
Class III dealer. Machineguns. Suppressors. Family owned since 1980. New & used guns. Fair prices. Friendly service.

TexasRifleman is correct you don't have to buy from a AL dealer, but if you buy out of state, you could be looking at 2-2.5 times the wait + and extra $200 stamp. Meaning that if you want to buy one from an individual in another state they would have to transfer it to a dealer, wait time +$200, the dealer would transfer it to your local dealer, 2-3 week wait time(dealer to dealer is free), then the transfer from your local dealer to you, wait time +$200. From an out of state dealer would just be the free 2-3 week transfer and the normal dealer to individual wait.

March 30, 2011, 02:34 PM
Where in Alabama are you? I live close to Mobile and there are a few dealers in this area that handle sbrs, surpressors, etc. I have bought several guns from Jeff's shooter supply (he is always at gun shows in my area) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

April 2, 2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the info. On the trust thing, once I establish a trust the local yocals don't have a say? Sounds like the route I need to be on. Gonna check out that option. I am in Foley, so ya close to Mobile. Thanks again to all.

April 2, 2011, 09:35 PM
Unless there is a law requiring notification of your CLEO about NFA items, then there is no reason to even tell them, even then I'm not sure they could do anything about it. I feel the trust method actually will save you money in the end, if your time is worth anything, in addition of the additional privacy it affords. Most places charge for doing fingerprint cards, and having to take off work for them and/or CLEO signatures isn't free IMO. The more NFA items you do the more the trust "pays for itself".

If you enjoyed reading about "Newbie" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!