Apex Tactical trigger work

PDA

Mr.454
March 30, 2011, 10:30 PM
I have a 627 pc that I'm thinking about sending in for a level 3 competition trigger job. Anyone have any experiences they can share about what I can expect? Any good stories, or gripes about this company?

If you enjoyed reading about "Apex Tactical trigger work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmepiphany
March 31, 2011, 01:34 AM
I'm an old PPC shooter and have a Bill Davis tuned M14 bull barrel match gun that will only pop Federal primers...having also handled Power, Glenn and Wilson wheelguns...I thought I had handled the best wheelgun actions there were.

The first time I picked up and rolled back the trigger on Randy Lee's 8 shot N-frame, my jaw dropped and my eyes grew to the size of saucers. I was magnitudes beyond anything I had ever felt. I couldn't even imagine that there was enough energy there to ignite any primer...and yet there wasn't a bobble in the 24 rounds I ran through it.

I had a chance to talk to him at length about how he achieved what I had previously considered impossible....there is no Performance Center action that even comes close to what Randy can offer...and he explained that he had had to re-engineered the action.

You are in for a treat beyond your imagination when you get your 627 back...don't skimp on the Ti cylinder either if you plan to do fast shooting

Mr.454
March 31, 2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the reply. For this one I'm only getting the trigger smoothed and lightened. Anything too drastic and my wife will kill me. (30th birthday gift) I just want the trigger to be the best it can while retaining dependability. On the other hand I'll be picking up a 625 later this year, and I want the works done on that.

9mmepiphany
March 31, 2011, 04:08 AM
It is your choice, but you'll save money in the long run having giving your 627 the full house treatment...well, maybe not the porting...because after you have the 625 done, you won't be able to live with the 627...knowing what is possible

MrBorland
March 31, 2011, 07:49 AM
and he explained that he had had to re-engineered the action

Some of his re-engineered parts (https://apextactical.com/store/product-list.php?pg1-cid4.html) are available on-line, and he recently told me he'll have a complete drop-in kit available soon.

I'd still have a 'smith do the installation, smooth the gun's internals and be sure the gun's otherwise in spec, but it'll be great to have the whole package available, as the re-engineered action is likely more than just a Lee Hammer. Hmm...I may have to buy another 625 just to get Apex'd. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Apex Tactical trigger work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!