Funny Representation of Extended Mags

PDA

Rick Roll
March 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
I came across this funny little cartoon of a fictitious product known as "STILTMAGZ." This just goes to show the exaggeration of extended magazines in the minds of many today.

http://www.mattbors.com/archives/737.html

At least they didn't call it "STILTCLIPZ" :rolleyes:

Just want to clarify, I know this is an Anti political cartoon. I just think it really shows how the public is being made to believe that extended magazines serve no proper purpose. As someone who uses extended mags for less reloading at the range, I like to explain the purpose (among others, such as home defense) to all my friends.

It is both amusing and irritating the extent to which the Antis will go to demonize the shooting sports and the practice of self defense. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Funny Representation of Extended Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
merlinfire
March 31, 2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah I saw that a number of weeks ago. That was created in response to the Tuscon shooting of Gifford.

JackTheRipper
March 31, 2011, 09:35 PM
hahahaha that is too funny!

medalguy
March 31, 2011, 11:29 PM
Looks more like one of those "clip" things to me.....:cuss:

FourteenMiles
April 1, 2011, 08:41 AM
Seems to me they are stating that unrestricted capacity magazines are ridiculous and unnecessary, while hinting that they should be illegal.

I was not amused.

Lex Luthier
April 1, 2011, 08:47 AM
That's awesome. I am waiting for the stealth magazine/ bipod combo.

merlinfire
April 1, 2011, 11:16 AM
I was not amused.

It was funny the first time I saw it, but once I gave it some thought it was pretty obvious he was espousing the "reductio ad absurditum" tactic, what accounts to essentially satire. A pro-gun guy thinking its funny is kind of like a conservative not getting that Stephen Colbert is making fun of them. Speaking of which, the Colbert roast of Bush a few years back was priceless.

MrCleanOK
April 1, 2011, 11:39 AM
A pro-gun guy thinking its funny is kind of like a conservative not getting that Stephen Colbert is making fun of them.

This.

FourteenMiles
April 1, 2011, 11:43 AM
What really gives it away is "Great for killing home invaders who also purchased this product!". Which is pretty much arguing that if they were not available they would not be necessary, and I am sure they would argue that point for firearms just as easily as they would for unrestricted capacity magazine.

JColdIron
April 1, 2011, 02:10 PM
Those witness holes are going to fillin with silt the first time you ford a river with those things! :scrutiny:

Rick Roll
April 3, 2011, 05:21 AM
yeah I know it is an Anti political cartoon. Just found it amusing that the other side tries to exaggerate things so much.

You'd think they would have better things to do than produce propaganda that demonizes law-abiding citizens. :banghead:

danprkr
April 3, 2011, 07:52 AM
You'd think they would have better things to do than produce propaganda that demonizes law-abiding citizens.

Of course you'd think that. You'd be wrong, but you'd think that.

merlinfire
April 3, 2011, 10:22 AM
You'd think they would have better things to do than produce propaganda that demonizes law-abiding citizens.

A common trap for a person just getting into politics is to start believing there's only two sides to any argument, and those sides align with one of two political parties. Once they choose one, they decide that their responses need to be the same as the party they are a member of.

This will lead to poor decisions, and yes, demonization of good citizens. No one can be right all the time, and some people are two much of a lemming to realize it. Edit: this is a dig at the artist, not you.

jerkface11
April 3, 2011, 11:40 AM
Someone should start producing these.

forindooruseonly
April 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
Someone should start producing these.

You should check out some of the frankenmags that people make for submachinegun matches.

DammitBoy
April 3, 2011, 11:46 AM
Somebody call Red Jacket - this could open a whole new market for them...

ants
April 3, 2011, 11:55 AM
He's funny. No reverence for anything. He's not just slamming extended magazines, he slams the whole entire world.

Click two cartoons forward and laugh at the cartoon of Obama putting himself in jail and throwing away the key -- because he's surely going to violate the constitution so he might as well jail himself now.

ants
April 3, 2011, 11:56 AM
... those stilt-mags would work a lot better if each had an over-the-shoulder thingie.

Rey B
April 3, 2011, 07:38 PM
The thing that goes up?

Rick Roll
April 3, 2011, 08:53 PM
He's funny. No reverence for anything. He's not just slamming extended magazines, he slams the whole entire world.

Good point.

cleardiddion
April 3, 2011, 09:02 PM
Then again he is the same guy who drew this:
http://www.mattbors.com/archives/655.html

Justin
April 3, 2011, 10:33 PM
That cartoon is stupid.

Sent from my Android smart phone using Tapatalk.

ants
April 3, 2011, 11:27 PM
I laughed at that one! Love the boot gun BUG. That there's funny.

Hard to tell if that's Thomas "Lil TJ" Jefferson, or James "Mad Man" Madison.

USAF_Vet
April 5, 2011, 12:54 PM
You should check out some of the frankenmags that people make for submachinegun matches

I still want the proposed 30 round drum mag for my Hi-Point 995

DammitBoy
April 5, 2011, 10:21 PM
I'm still waiting for the Beta mag in .308 :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Funny Representation of Extended Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!