Taurus 218 bee

PDA

cdkhntr
March 31, 2011, 08:20 PM
Just picked up a new in the box taurus model 217 12 inch barrel in the 218 bee have never seen one before didnt know they made a revolver in this caliber its a cool looking gun had a couple of boxes of ammo to go with it

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 218 bee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
weregunner
April 1, 2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Ammo is most difficult to find if at all.

www.ammoseek.com and www.ammoengine.com came up empty.

www.gunsamerica.com , www.gunbroker.com , and www.auctionarms.com may do seem to have several lots of ammo for sale right now.

www.hinterlandoutfitters.com Ammunition Rifle Ammunition
www.ammo-sale.com ... Ammunition Centerfire Rifle Ammunition
www.ableammo.com ... .17 - .223 Caliber 218 BEE
www.westernshootingsupplies.com/page31.htm
ammunitionforsale.com/.../ammunition/.../218bee...ammo/supx_218_bee
www.forrestsworldofhunting.com/218-bee-ammo/
www.ammobank.com/

www.cabelas.com www.sportmansguide.com

These are possible sources for .218 Bee.

If not local gun stores might be able to find some for you.

This is a mostly a do your own reloading proposition now days.

DWFan
April 2, 2011, 02:23 AM
Congrats. You own the Hunter model; the rarer of the two .218 Bee revolvers Taurus made. The other model, the "Raging Bee", had a full-underlug 10" barrel. Same frame as all the other "Raging" series except the .22 caiiber barrels were made by Lothar. I can't speak for the Bee, but the Hornet (same revolver except for caliber) a friend of mine owns is extremely accurate.
The .218 Bee is also a custom shop option for the Magnum Research BFR.

oasis618
April 2, 2011, 02:48 AM
Wow, this is a caliber I've never even heard of. Looks pretty cool though!

db_tanker
April 3, 2011, 02:18 AM
parent case is the 25-20 WCF. You can still find those but they are somewhat pricey as well.

I have had the pleasure to shoot a 218 and its a nice little round...bit more stink than a 22 hornet.

D

natman
April 3, 2011, 03:52 AM
218 Bee is still loaded by Winchester:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=858444

However, I suspect that it is a seasonal load, meaning that Winchester loads a batch, then doesn't load any more for a year or two. So stock up when it's available.

cdkhntr
April 3, 2011, 02:56 PM
thanks for the info. ill check out those web sites

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 218 bee" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!